Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where warm waters halt: your inescapable conclusion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where warm waters halt: your inescapable conclusion...

I want to start by thanking JustFred for raising a seminal question in his "Wood y'all be mad if...." thread. At one time I felt the chase might be one enormous joke and I've also explored the possibility of a sexual angle. However, I'm coming to the conclusion that, despite FF's humorous approach to his writings, the chase is deadly serious and while sex is not the prime mover, generative forces do have a significant part to play in fulfilling Forrest's mission. It may have something to do with lineage.

Consider the following:
    • SB 99.5 is all about Forrest's bathroom and where he mentions the luxury of warm water;
    • The color yellow is important: Yellowstone, daffodil ("I wish someone would ask me a question that I would feel comfortable answering, like what color is a daffodil.f"), yellow (and purple) flowers;
    • Forrest's final statement included the story of damping down the dust with a low-intensity spray and a request for squirt bottles to be used;
    • In multiple photos you see Forrest with his hand appearing to cup his genitals;
    • "...I know the treasure chest is wet";
    • "...I felt part of me slip inside and become part of the treasure, or at least I thought I did. I’m okay with that now.f"
    • Dr Pepper;
    • FF had a kidney removed;
    • The only doctor FF mentioned by name (I believe) was a urologist;
    • Football=bladder;
    • Waterfalls;
    • The ever-refilling brandy bottle;
    • Tea x 3 (quite a diuretic);
    • Q: "What does “warm” mean to you?" A: "It means being comfortable."

So let's take a comfort break and have a look at this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water of Life.png
Views:	1138
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	374098

Water of life... treasures... urine... lineage descendants... cedarwood boxes.

And here's an interesting article that explores the Hindu and Buddhist approach: When Gods Drank Urine

So where do warm waters halt? Maybe it's a place where the warm waters only flow (and halt) when they're taken there.

that is a stretch
    Reminds me of the joke between man and woman on who can pee higher on the wall
    Last edited by Sarah Seedling; 01-13-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I always wondered if he was taking the piss.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
        that is a stretch
        Everything's more of a stretch at my age!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
          It is better to give than receive

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
            In his car...

Comment

A carefully crafted thread to 'splice' together the never emptying brandy bottle & URINE.
              Guess why the bottle never emptied !...... A GYPSYS KISS......after which AGK was named, I would suggest.

'Too' straw-coloured liquids meeting in a bottle........perhaps ,even, the origin of WHERE WARM WATERS HALT !!!

I hope this is just a story, otherwise those who partook of the brandy were getting more than they expected !

Comment

voxpops Thanks! I wonder if Forrest was clever enough to hide 4 solves in the poem that all tie together..... Maybe I should ask my fiance...

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
                  I want to start by thanking JustFred for raising a seminal question in his "Wood y'all be mad if...." thread. At one time I felt the chase might be one enormous joke and I've also explored the possibility of a sexual angle. However, I'm coming to the conclusion that, despite FF's humorous approach to his writings, the chase is deadly serious and while sex is not the prime mover, generative forces do have a significant part to play in fulfilling Forrest's mission. It may have something to do with lineage.

Consider the following:
                  • SB 99.5 is all about Forrest's bathroom and where he mentions the luxury of warm water;
                  • The color yellow is important: Yellowstone, daffodil ("I wish someone would ask me a question that I would feel comfortable answering, like what color is a daffodil.f"), yellow (and purple) flowers;
                  • Forrest's final statement included the story of damping down the dust with a low-intensity spray and a request for squirt bottles to be used;
                  • In multiple photos you see Forrest with his hand appearing to cup his genitals;
                  • "...I know the treasure chest is wet";
                  • "...I felt part of me slip inside and become part of the treasure, or at least I thought I did. I’m okay with that now.f"
                  • Dr Pepper;
                  • FF had a kidney removed;
                  • The only doctor FF mentioned by name (I believe) was a urologist;
                  • Football=bladder;
                  • Waterfalls;
                  • The ever-refilling brandy bottle;
                  • Tea x 3 (quite a diuretic);
                  • Q: "What does “warm” mean to you?" A: "It means being comfortable."

Water of life... treasures... urine... lineage descendants... cedarwood boxes.

Hey Vox,
                  Good thread. Shamanistic nature of TTOTC...strongly relatable to myth/archetypal motif/story/creator/etc....Water rites as expressed throughout the ages. cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by elperro
                    As I understand it, the treasure is still out there. The chest is still out there. I'm not so sure about the trove. You just have to "get back in the box," as per the 6 questions edition below. Oh ya, thinking like a 13 year old, and a dictionary could help. All IMO.

Mr. Fenn,
                    Hey El,
                    Your comment seems to confirm the very thing that it is pointing out. Isn't this thread about the shamanistic nature of the Chase...as it relates to water? cheers!

Comment

Well now, there is that reference to Mr. U PUCEET (you pee you see it) from scrapbook 107…

Comment

Just me or is the Matrix glitching?

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

SB 99.5 is all about Forrest's bathroom and where he mentions the luxury of warm water
                          And if you lived in Cody, where might that warm water for the bathroom come from?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20220113_170719.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	374209

Comment

Originally posted by Spallies View Post
                            There’s a short in there somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Spallies View Post