US IRC 933

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by artislurker View Post

I agree that what Kpro is outlining regarding Jack's attempts to gain the system are a felony. Question is, does he own the chest directly? Or is he being paid in a different way, under contract? If he owns the chest and will sell it, all this disclosure has ended his ability to avoid federal taxes. I don't think he's dumb enough to even attempt to claim now that he found it in 2020 with all of this out. The IRS only needs a hint at impartiality to make a move on him. This is way more than a hint.
    I agree, we don't really know enough about what actually happened to make any sort of rational judgement...
    I don't believe that Jack is the finder therefore all of this is somewhat of a moot point to me... But I do believe that it is dangerous to promote a narrative that neither makes legal sense or has any real basis in known facts.... What's the point of it? Especially when the implications of it could lead to civil litigation directed towards Forrest's estate!
    There was a point in the late fall of 2019 when I myself began to spend a great deal of time musing over the possible legal and tax implications which might present themselves to the finder.... I had a precise solution that I was very content with and knew that I couldn't go BOTG for at least another six months.... What else was I to spend my time thinking about? The only difference between Condor2 and I was that I wasn't very active on the forums and didn't feel the need to project my every thought in the form of written words.... well, that and apparently a sense of ethics....

On another note, I always liked the idea that Forrest might gift the chest to the finder but I think it would be more practical if the chest were part of a trust to which the finder would become the beneficiary..... This would simplify or even eliminate a lot of the tax and ownership issues and it would make no difference if Forrest were alive when it was found or had long since passed...

Comment

Originally posted by mountain digger

So did you? Go that is. Can you be precise? about the solution that is, or were you not overlooking NM.
      ​​​​​​The clues in Forrest's poem led me to a very precise location... Not to the chest but to the blaze... I was to go in June of 2020 but covid and other family obligations made it impossible...
      I did go to the spot in 2021 but by then, of course, it had already been found... The blaze was there and it was exactly as I expected but I found no signs that the treasure had ever been..
      I may be delusional but I am content with what I found....

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
        The US Internal Revenue Code 933 clearly states that income which originates in Puerto Rico which is earned by a citizen of Puerto Rico is not subject to Federal income tax...
        Why is this important?
        Because it completely contradicts the entire premise that Jack moved to Puerto Rico in 2019 in order to avoid paying federal income tax on a chest which he had already found.... The only way that Jack could avoid paying income tax on the value of the treasure by becoming a citizen of Puerto Rico is if he found the chest in Puerto Rico! If it was found anywhere else within the united states even a citizen of Puerto Rico would be subject to Federal income taxes....
        This fact has been repeatedly pointed out both in the forums and on YouTube and yet some continue to push the false narrative that it makes sense for Jack to have moved to Puerto Rico in some sort of genius proactive attempt to avoid paying his fair share of federal income tax.
        If this narrative is true it could only mean one of two things... Either Jack is a complete moron who committed himself to a life altering move based on a false assumption without bothering to do even a rudimentary bit of research to make certain that his hair brained scheme would work or he moved to Puerto Rico for some other reason....
        If it is true, it also makes Jack/ Condor2 a confessed felon... A felon whose ill conceived attempt at tax evasion resulted in yet another searcher death
        Or , Jacket Hoffa is a figment of peoples imagination and isn't even a real dude . Alike to Snowden and Zuckerberg .(hasn't anyone wondered why you NEVER EVER EVER see Mark outside of his stages and media green screens ? or that he doesn't age a day EVER?)

OR Everyone got PAID cold hard cash . I've said it before and I will say it again : The average searcher has above average intelligence , people with these levels of IQ's wouldn't EVER EVER EVER consider ANY of this information given as being truthful . NOT EVER .

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

Or , Jacket Hoffa is a figment of peoples imagination and isn't even a real dude . Alike to Snowden and Zuckerberg .(hasn't anyone wondered why you NEVER EVER EVER see Mark outside of his stages and media green screens ? or that he doesn't age a day EVER?)

OR Everyone got PAID cold hard cash . I've said it before and I will say it again : The average searcher has above average intelligence , people with these levels of IQ's wouldn't EVER EVER EVER consider ANY of this information given as being truthful . NOT EVER .
          Absolutely everything that is said and nearly everyone involved is suspect at this point..... Truly a sad legacy for a man such as Forrest....

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post

If you are calling the things that Jack said "facts" then we have differing definitions. I call many of the things that Jack said contradictions of many of the things that Forrest said (independent of this tax stuff). There has been much discussion on this forum of said contradictions. Why do think so many here are frustrated? The fact is that one or both of them was lying or at least seriously mistaken. If you are ignoring those blatant contradictions to construct your theory, then I would say that you are stretching the facts. If you could find a way to explain away all of the contradictions, then I would call you genius.

yup

Click image for larger version

Name:	clap.gif
Views:	50
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	375305 Click image for larger version

Views:	36
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	375306 Click image for larger version

Views:	36