Ben Knapple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by searcher2342 View Post

No dreaming, and at the same to nothing is ever sure. Today is just me speculating with chat. Questioning everything we've been told up to today, including topics I covered in the past.
    But you are biased against those who think have solved the Chase, saying they are having pipe dreams, insinuating Gack is the one and only. Hardly an objective host.

Comment

There is no way Jack could make a premium by selling piecemeal. It will be impossible to prove provenance. If somebody bought it under the guise it was from the chest. They would be sadly disappointed when they went to sell it. There would be no secondary market above the price of any comparable coin that wasn’t in the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by searcher2342 View Post
        Nothing is as it seems indeed. Going live today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjHRXHO9CdM
        I missed it, sorry to say, but I guess I am pushing a narrative of the TC going peacemeal and being appraised and a part of the problem? Roll eyes. odd day all the way around.
        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

I missed it, sorry to say, but I guess I am pushing a narrative of the TC going peacemeal and being appraised and a part of the problem? Roll eyes. odd day all the way around.
          I don’t think the chest going piece meal is the issue. You’re not the problem

I don’t feel most people can afford even the cheapest pieces in the chest. So, I believe the auction would start off hot then quickly drop off because there literally might be a handful of people who have the means to bid. Don’t you dare spend over 5k for the frog lol!

Comment

I wouldn't even contemplate purchasing a single piece from Fenn's treasure chest. What would be the point? If any of this theory/story is factual, how is the sale being offered and to whom? Where is the proof that the pieces being sold are in fact from the actual treasure? How is it authenticated? From a profit standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to put the chest on display with a story and then offer it publicly as a whole first? This current idea is ludicrous in every fashion and smacks of a pile of BS. If true, the person doing it is not that bright. What a way to trash a good story.

Comment

Originally posted by klein View Post
              I wouldn't even contemplate purchasing a single piece from Fenn's treasure chest. What would be the point? If any of this theory/story is factual, how is the sale being offered and to whom? Where is the proof that the pieces being sold are in fact from the actual treasure? How is it authenticated? From a profit standpoint, wouldn't it make more sense to put the chest on display with a story and then offer it publicly as a whole first? This current idea is ludicrous in every fashion and smacks of a pile of BS. If true, the person doing it is not that bright. What a way to trash a good story.
              Yup, the whole point in retrieving the chest is to sell the chest.

Forrest instilled adventure in all us. As cheese ball as it sounds. Having the chest or some contents still isn’t as nice as having him around. It won’t bring back the feeling of The Chase…

He changed a lot of us, so I’m sure he would be amused at that thought.

If you guys are serious about a Chase 2.0 it would be better to start a larger horde. Why spend 1.8M on Fenns chest? Rather spend 1.8m and get about 1000 ounces of gold rather than 260ish. Think how stupid fun it would be trying to take 89 pounds out of a nook. A storm would be brewing!
              CoatezOfManyColors
              Last edited by CoatezOfManyColors; 01-05-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Piecemeal sell-off seems like a sign of desperation if there's any truth to that plan. With a handful of exceptions that can be forensically identified from photos, most of the purported 265 gold coins have no mechanism for establishing provenance, so there is no point auctioning those. Just sell 'em numismatically.

The gold figures are well documented, as are many/most of the gold nuggets, so those have provenance. Likewise the dragon coat bracelet. But the better plan for the finder was to sell the chest whole: allow the unique items in the chest (and the chest itself, of course) to collectively provide the provenance (by association) for the common eagles and double eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                  Piecemeal sell-off seems like a sign of desperation if there's any truth to that plan. With a handful of exceptions that can be forensically identified from photos, most of the purported 265 gold coins have no mechanism for establishing provenance, so there is no point auctioning those. Just sell 'em numismatically.

The gold figures are well documented, as are many/most of the gold nuggets, so those have provenance. Likewise the dragon coat bracelet. But the better plan for the finder was to sell the chest whole: allow the unique items in the chest (and the chest itself, of course) to collectively provide the provenance (by association) for the common eagles and double eagles.
                  I agree for the most part. Years of lawsuits, having your identity known to the world and then you don’t even score a mil? Ouch! Then take account the 7-10% loss through inflation. Yowza

Then to think you moved your entire world for tax purposes. Then you quit med school too…Also add the harassment his family received. For what might end being 500k
                  CoatezOfManyColors
                  Last edited by CoatezOfManyColors; 01-10-2022, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X