Ben Knapple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Knapple

“You know if we all team up together…and we don’t bid. We can really drive the prices way down. Forrest would be proud of us.”

L O L! Ben you are a rascal. Welcome to the The Gang!
    Attached Files
    CoatezOfManyColors
    Last edited by CoatezOfManyColors; 01-01-2022, 03:57 PM.

Ben can relax because the sale of Gack’s treasure can never transpire. However, it could be sold to some fictional anonymous middle eastern, or at least, some fictional and anonymous character.

Comment

That chest and contents will never be broken up, because it would likely be forgotten very soon if it was. I suspect Forrest had plans for it, which have yet to be realized.

Comment

22 troy pounds of gold is worth less than $500,000
        The supposed appraisal for the chest and all it's contents was around $700,000(kpro).
        Jack wants $5m(his words) then changed his mind to $3m(his words) and the last figure I heard on last night's zoom was he wanted $2m(kpro)

I don't think Jack realizes what a horrible job he did at hyping the chase, Fenn, and the treasure hunt. He could have been on some national shows for 10 minutes at least. Especially back when FF was still around. Now nobody but searchers (who don't have $2m to spend on a chest) know about FF and have any emotional connection to the chest. No one else cares. And no one else will care. It's not like there are going to be new Forrest Fenn fans being born. His legacy is already slowly fading away. Forrest Fenn's 10 minutes of fame are over. Jack's 10 minutes of fame are over. There is no way to revitalize interest in the chest, FF, or the chase.
        Cary_Galloway
        Last edited by Cary_Galloway; 01-01-2022, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
          The supposed appraisal for the chest and all it's contents was around $700,000(kpro).
          Jack wants $5m(his words) then changed his mind to $3m(his words) and the last figure I heard on last night's zoom was he wanted $2m(kpro)

I don't think Jack realizes what a horrible job he did at hyping the chase, Fenn, and the treasure hunt. He could have been on some national shows for 10 minutes at least. Especially back when FF was still around. Now nobody but searchers (who don't have $2m to spend on a chest) know about FF and have any emotional connection to the chest. No one else cares. And no one else will care. It's not like there are going to be new Forrest Fenn fans being born. His legacy is already slowly fading away. Forrest Fenn's 10 minutes of fame is over. Jack's 10 minutes of fame is over. There is no way to revitalize interest in the chest, FF, or the chase.
          If you look at Gack as someone who didn't solve the Poem and doesn't possess the Chase's chest then it will all make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by colokidd View Post
            If you look at Gack as someone who didn't solve the Poem and doesn't possess the Chase's chest then it will all make sense.
            I could picture Jack and Forrest posing for a holiday edition Old spice ad.

Comment

Originally posted by CurseWordsAndTreasure View Post

I could picture Jack and Forrest posing for a holiday edition Old spice ad.
              Shirtless! Let’s get a calendar too! Who would pay for one?! I, for one!

Comment

Originally posted by CoatezOfManyColors View Post

Shirtless! Let’s get a calendar too! Who would pay for one?! I, for one!
                Yes! With Gack holding the Fake chest under his arm while riding a horse with a white blaze on its head.

Comment

Originally posted by colokidd View Post
                  Yes! With Gack holding the Fake chest under his arm while riding a horse with a white blaze on its head.
                  Who is going to sport the brown streak down the pant…

Comment

"HaHaHa"... Ben and Ashley rock. It's fun watching what happens to the chest from the periphery, but I don't think I could care less about how much it sells for. All I care about is learning what the solution was
                    Last edited by tre25; 01-11-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tre25 View Post
                      "HaHaHa"... Ben and Ashley rock. It's fun watching what happens to the chest from the periphery, but I don't think I could care less about how much it sells for. All I care about is the solution and the "7th" stanza(s?)
                      Hopefully one day we will know

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

I don't think Jack realizes what a horrible job he did at hyping the chase, Fenn, and the treasure hunt. He could have been on some national shows for 10 minutes at least. Especially back when FF was still around. Now nobody but searchers (who don't have $2m to spend on a chest) know about FF and have any emotional connection to the chest. No one else cares. And no one else will care. It's not like there are going to be new Forrest Fenn fans being born. His legacy is already slowly fading away. Forrest Fenn's 10 minutes of fame are over. Jack's 10 minutes of fame are over. There is no way to revitalize interest in the chest, FF, or the chase.
                        So the initial offer was $2million. But only if melt value came at a certain price. The melt value was well below that, so it was to be $1.8 million. Entity situation entered, Jack said 2 million or no go, Entity said $1.8. The melt even came out under Small the sunshines range of estimates. Entity walked away said a deal was a deal, it should be 1.8. But entity gate played a factor and the horrid display of entity on you tube, Jack being made to look bad, emotions are high. Relationships are tested, some are broken. Jack begins the process of appraising and selling it piece by piece. Others intervene to try to get these two to come together. Others start bidding, more shenigans. Provenance is important, especially to the value, and even the Fenn family might have some opinions on all of this. Well, due to some personal reasons and things that are hard to believe, serious look away from this train wreck. But that is hard to do. The truth is crazier than fiction.

Oh wait, that is just another fairy tale. Right? All just rumor……. Nothing to see here.
                        “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

So the initial offer was $2million. But only if melt value came at a certain price. The melt value was well below that, so it was to be $1.8 million. Entity situation entered, Jack said 2 million or no go, Entity said $1.8. The melt even came out under Small the sunshines range of estimates. Entity walked away said a deal was a deal, it should be 1.8. But entity gate played a factor and the horrid display of entity on you tube, Jack being made to look bad, emotions are high. Relationships are tested, some are broken. Jack begins the process of appraising and selling it piece by piece. Others intervene to try to get these two to come together. Others start bidding, more shenigans. Provenance is important, especially to the value, and even the Fenn family might have some opinions on all of this. Well, due to some personal reasons and things that are hard to believe, serious look away from this train wreck. But that is hard to do. The truth is crazier than fiction.

Oh wait, that is just another fairy tale. Right? All just rumor……. Nothing to see here.
                          Have you personally heard from Jack about any of this? Just curious. So where does it all stand now?

Comment

You never disappoint! Can’t blame people for trying to make a deal when the deal is done…

Smell The Sunshines estimate was 555k - 1.2M. And that was a complete chest. With Forrest still around.

The fact Heritage appraised the value below Smelly Sunshine makes me think Jack (or someone else) took things from the chest. Where are these special item(s) Forrest spoke about?
                            CoatezOfManyColors
                            Last edited by CoatezOfManyColors; 01-02-2022, 11:37 PM.

Comment

kpro,
                              kpro,
                              kpro. When are you ever going to learn?

Comment

Working...
                              X