Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In all Fairness

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In all Fairness

    I have been hanging around here for sometime now and the biases seem to be tilted and orchestrated to present the Forrest Feen in a glowing aura of rainbow colored light. This suggests to me that someone is working very hard to make Forrest Feen acceptable to the general public and the gullible masses.
    For years Forrest Feen’s atrocious response to anyone who claimed to have found the chest was basically”show me”. Now going on two years from the time of discovery by Jack and the box no one has yet been showed anything but a bunch of photo shopped pictures and a never ending screenplay of one law suit after another.
    I never feel that I am entitled to anything in this world, but my suggestion is that if there was truly a discovery of the treasure chest That Forrest Feen hid then the simple truth can be discovered by “show me”. If that cannot be done then the only conclusive response would be that Forrest Feen committed fraud.
    Sarah Seedling
    Senior Member
    Last edited by Sarah Seedling; 12-11-2021, 08:33 PM.

  • #2
    It seems as though the 2021 search season is officially over. I would love to "show" that Forrest is not a fraud. Of course, I don't know the man, but my guess is that he is not a fraud, but rather an honorable man who tried to do something good. I think time will show that:

    1. The chase was temporarily suspended due to things Forrest had no control over.
    2. Forrest dealt in plenty of fiction, but no fraud.
    3. The chase was difficult, but not impossible, and the solution will be obvious and easily explainable in hindsight.
    4. Jack was a paid actor. In the end, this young man with a damaged reputation (from his earlier days) will have been redeemed once Forrest’s reasons for this end are revealed.
    5. The eventual finder will remain unknown, but details of how it was solved and where it was will ultimately be released.

    I suspect that I am in the minority in holding these viewpoints. I have no way of "knowing" any of these things to be true. Time may tell.

    Comment


    • #3
      Good luck to you, Sarah.
      Old Pilot
      Senior Member
      Last edited by Old Pilot; 12-11-2021, 11:35 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ICV. View Post
        It seems as though the 2021 search season is officially over. I would love to "show" that Forrest is not a fraud. Of course, I don't know the man, but my guess is that he is not a fraud, but rather an honorable man who tried to do something good. I think time will show that:

        1. The chase was temporarily suspended due to things Forrest had no control over.
        2. Forrest dealt in plenty of fiction, but no fraud.
        3. The chase was difficult, but not impossible, and the solution will be obvious and easily explainable in hindsight.
        4. Jack was a paid actor. In the end, this young man with a damaged reputation (from his earlier days) will have been redeemed once Forrest’s reasons for this end are revealed.
        5. The eventual finder will remain unknown, but details of how it was solved and where it was will ultimately be released.

        I suspect that I am in the minority in holding these viewpoints. I have no way of "knowing" any of these things to be true. Time may tell.
        #5 is definitely a long shot, unless Forrest is able to communicate from the grave. The one who solved it doesn’t appear to be talking. Could it be that they are not with us anymore perhaps a casualty of the pandemic.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
          I have been hanging around here for sometime now and the biases seem to be tilted and orchestrated to present the Forrest Feen in a glowing aura of rainbow colored light. This suggests to me that someone is working very hard to make Forrest Feen acceptable to the general public and the gullible masses.
          For years Forrest Feen’s atrocious response to anyone who claimed to have found the chest was basically”show me”. Now going on two years from the time of discovery by Jack and the box no one has yet been showed anything but a bunch of photo shopped pictures and a never ending screenplay of one law suit after another.
          I never feel that I am entitled to anything in this world, but my suggestion is that if there was truly a discovery of the treasure chest That Forrest Feen hid then the simple truth can be discovered by “show me”. If that cannot be done then the only conclusive response would be that Forrest Feen committed fraud.
          Hey Sarah,
          Anger, denial, roller-coaster….the grieving process….when I’m in it…I can’t seem to be able to look forward to moving on without rehashing the memories and experiencing the feeling-toned and weighted emotions. They swirl inside….the roller-coaster….I get angry….I see the memories colored with those emotions….Hang in there! Just want to say to you, that I have suffered along with everyone in this community.

          I know it is difficult to hear, but I have showed how Bessie = Bisti. How the 7-elements in TTOTC, “Gold and More,” serve as the litmus test of a solve, I have showed the community a hieroglyph depicting the treasure chest, solved the riddle of nickels. Additionally, I have shown the community how the first line in his poem says, “go to the Ojo Alamo.” How Brown is a theme, color, person, place, and thing at Bisti and how it directly relates to the Dragon Room at the Pink Adobe. I have shown the frog and the M and W are present on the ground at Bisti in the 9W Clues, the ax-rock-map and the double omega at sunset. I have shown the X-marks the spot and the “flutter-bye.” The arrow and the mirror. I have shown the hidey hole. Also, the blaze as it relates to Forrest’s hint about “let’s coin a new phrase…and the General.” I have much more to show you. These things are the string through the labyrinth. These things are the proof. They are proof! They can't be defeated....Bisti cannot be defeated!!! If you can cause it to crash and burn...or anyone else....then great....but be warned....Bisti defeats Jack too. Wyoming is the bed that Forrest made, and now Jack must lay in....

          Please take care for yourself.

          Please allow yourself the time and embrace yourself. If you need be angry….be angry….mad at me, be mad at me……mad at Forrest, be mad at Forrest….IMO….that is embracing the grieving process….hang in there Sarah…..Hang in there!

          With regards, and with respect….trueyeti…cheers. Happy holidays to you....

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

            #5 is definitely a long shot, unless Forrest is able to communicate from the grave. The one who solved it doesn’t appear to be talking. Could it be that they are not with us anymore perhaps a casualty of the pandemic.
            Hey ICV,
            Simply want to acknowledge your insight as valuable. Also to ask you to consider what I commented to Sarah above….with regards….trueyeti….cheers….

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

              #5 is definitely a long shot, unless Forrest is able to communicate from the grave. The one who solved it doesn’t appear to be talking. Could it be that they are not with us anymore perhaps a casualty of the pandemic.
              Apparently nobody has solved it, yet. The only way to know "for sure" is to actually find it. My guess is that the original chest is sitting right where it's been for over 12 years now.

              I've had Covid myself, but suffered nothing worse than a head cold. The worst thing was the boredom of being cooped up for two weeks. I suppose it is always possible that someone figured it out, then died.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by trueyeti View Post

                Hey ICV,
                Simply want to acknowledge your insight as valuable. Also to ask you to consider what I commented to Sarah above….with regards….trueyeti….cheers….
                Thanks for the kind words. I agree with your first paragraph, especially the phrase "hang in there".

                Regarding the second, I am unfamiliar with the details of your solve, but I'll look at it. It is always helpful, but difficult, to keep an open mind.
                ICV.
                Senior Member
                Last edited by ICV.; 12-11-2021, 11:18 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

                  #5 is definitely a long shot, unless Forrest is able to communicate from the grave. The one who solved it doesn’t appear to be talking. Could it be that they are not with us anymore perhaps a casualty of the pandemic.
                  “Anyway, I've never been willing to stand idly by and be part of a forgotten history when I may be able to impact future events.“ f
                  Forrest devised away to impact future events beyond the grave through his Poem.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ICV. View Post
                    It seems as though the 2021 search season is officially over. I would love to "show" that Forrest is not a fraud. Of course, I don't know the man, but my guess is that he is not a fraud, but rather an honorable man who tried to do something good. I think time will show that:

                    1. The chase was temporarily suspended due to things Forrest had no control over.
                    2. Forrest dealt in plenty of fiction, but no fraud.
                    3. The chase was difficult, but not impossible, and the solution will be obvious and easily explainable in hindsight.
                    4. Jack was a paid actor. In the end, this young man with a damaged reputation (from his earlier days) will have been redeemed once Forrest’s reasons for this end are revealed.
                    5. The eventual finder will remain unknown, but details of how it was solved and where it was will ultimately be released.

                    I suspect that I am in the minority in holding these viewpoints. I have no way of "knowing" any of these things to be true. Time may tell.
                    This is perfectly rational thought.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	experience-the-most-brutal-of-teachers-cs-lewis-quote.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	364433 .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
                        I have been hanging around here for sometime now and the biases seem to be tilted and orchestrated to present the Forrest Feen in a glowing aura of rainbow colored light. This suggests to me that someone is working very hard to make Forrest Feen acceptable to the general public and the gullible masses.
                        For years Forrest Feen’s atrocious response to anyone who claimed to have found the chest was basically”show me”. Now going on two years from the time of discovery by Jack and the box no one has yet been showed anything but a bunch of photo shopped pictures and a never ending screenplay of one law suit after another.
                        I never feel that I am entitled to anything in this world, but my suggestion is that if there was truly a discovery of the treasure chest That Forrest Feen hid then the simple truth can be discovered by “show me”. If that cannot be done then the only conclusive response would be that Forrest Feen committed fraud.
                        It's a totally legitimate feeling to be discouraged. I think Forrest even built your current emotion into the chase. "Mr Fenn, my father thinks you're a fraud." (TTOTC) It made him laugh, remember?

                        It's way too much work for a man to do over all those years for it to have been a fraud. The ending is certainly strange, but I don't think Forrest never put the chest out there. I think there's a real finder and Jack is protecting for them while the estate spends a crap ton of money settling the insane lawsuits. Maybe once those are all over, we'll know the solution, but probably never the ID of the real finder, and that's for the best. If not, if we never know the solution, then it's just sort of heartbreaking in a strange way.

                        Starting all over with the poem and the book can be fun. These forums generally are not fun. Too many people stuck on their own ideas and not letting the poem do the work to lead us anywhere.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ICV. View Post
                          It seems as though the 2021 search season is officially over. I would love to "show" that Forrest is not a fraud. Of course, I don't know the man, but my guess is that he is not a fraud, but rather an honorable man who tried to do something good. I think time will show that:

                          1. The chase was temporarily suspended due to things Forrest had no control over.
                          2. Forrest dealt in plenty of fiction, but no fraud.
                          3. The chase was difficult, but not impossible, and the solution will be obvious and easily explainable in hindsight.
                          4. Jack was a paid actor. In the end, this young man with a damaged reputation (from his earlier days) will have been redeemed once Forrest’s reasons for this end are revealed.
                          5. The eventual finder will remain unknown, but details of how it was solved and where it was will ultimately be released.

                          I suspect that I am in the minority in holding these viewpoints. I have no way of "knowing" any of these things to be true. Time may tell.
                          I think time will definitely prove these five points factual. Well done. We might never know that it wasn't Jack, so point four is a question mark for me. The best scenario for the real finder might be to have Jack play that role indefinitely. But honestly, it doesn't matter much. The solution is all any sane person wants right now. I fear it's the lawsuits holding that from us. Something Forrest could not control, but if he prepared for that and has his estate handling them, the man is a frigging saint, because those lawsuits would have chewed away most of the value of the treasure. Stupidity ruins a lot of things for people. I think in this case stupidity has postponed the ending Forrest might have preferred to the one we are experiencing at the moment.

                          I believe Jack is behaving admirably in his role as "protector of the finder." But he doesn't seem to know shit, which is probably part of him playing the role.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            "ONLY A FEW ARE IN TIGHT FOCUS WITH A WORD THAT IS KEY" Forrest was trying to instil this in us.
                            Clearly it was a very big hint. However it had to be a word that if correctly thought about would set you forth on the path of discovery in a puzzle type of way.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JDER View Post
                              These forums generally are not fun.
                              The quality content on this forum is dropping, but it is still way better than YouTube lately. That's downright depressing (not you Kpro). Kpro and Mike seem like good people, but my attention span is too short too watch that for an hour or more.

                              I sure miss "Smell of the Sunshine", I think he would have had a real chance of finding it. He had really good insight and rational thought, combined with top-notch video work.

                              I was going to try to limit my time on here, but it sure is fun when someone makes a new discovery. But that's been rare lately.

                              Maybe I'll start more threads like the "Skippy's Car and other TTOTC anomalies". Because there are plenty of anomalies that I suspect are hints. Some valuable, some less so. I would just hate to inadvertently release information that I think is valuable, now that I finally believe I know the location within a few steps.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X