Skippy's Car and other TTOTC anomalies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post
    The car on page 64 does not have an engine.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the engine is there. They weren't real big on the Model A's, and they sit lower in the relatively tall under-hood space.

Comment

Originally posted by ICV. View Post

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the engine is there. They weren't real big on the Model A's, and they sit lower in the relatively tall under-hood space.
      Only a relative few would know that obscure knowledge, and most are dead. The pic does not show an engine.
      Last edited by dancingbear; 12-04-2021, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chester Retriever
        Let’s not put the cart before the horse. I’m no cherry poppin daddy but what about the suicide axle?
        The engine in the Model A's sits entirely behind the suicide front axle. You can clearly see the spark plugs, the cylinder head, and the exhaust manifold in the picture.

Comment

The embroidery on Fenn's jeans is what he is emphasizing in photo sitting on wing of plane.
          Similar Cyrillic symbol means: Million x (whatever put into center of symbol) ҉
          A symbol related to Native Americans that is similar means: Many (of whatever image in center i.e. fish)
          Also, Fenn's leg is crooked on the L just like his sculpted frog that he liked so well. The pose is repeated in both photos sitting on the FENder of his Plymoth--& FENder washer shaped turquoise stones. A fen. A forest fen. Back to the pose of crooked leg.
          Frog leg. Knee.
          Nee. Is he hinting at Peggy's maiden name? As the one who WATCHES over students taking tests could tie to the 5:55/17:55 time stated in 12 hr & 24 hr time.
          A Watch symbol at that specific time?
          A frog knee that points in a direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Chester Retriever

I agree. It is there even if one cannot see it.
            Yes, there are some spark plugs there isn't there had to get some better light on the page to see it and looked up some old Model A's and it's not much of a moter they have... Still curious what the other car is with the two of them in it.. Maybe it's a 1930 Buick "Phantom" Spellcheck changed "phaeton" to "Phantom" I'm going to keep it...
            Last edited by Spallies; 12-04-2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spallies View Post

Yes, there are some spark plugs there isn't there had to get some better light on the page to see it and looked up some old Model A's and it's not much of a moter they have... Still curious what the other car is with the two of them in it.. Maybe it's a 1930 Buick "Phantom" Spellcheck changed "phaeton" to "Phantom" I'm going to keep it...
              I think you were very close, but the lines fit a 1930 Chevy Phaeton better. Must have a windshield off a newer model.

Comment

Maybe the fact that the 2 cars aren't the same can be explained away if Fenn simply wasn't a car guy - which seems somewhat true, and he simply didn't realize his mistake.

Another "error" that Fenn has no excuse for has to do with jets in Vietnam. In "My War For Me", Forrest is flying in a F-100 with his afterburner on at 500' elevation, and he describes a funeral on the ground. He describes the funeral in quite vivid detail.

An F-100 at sea level has a max speed of just under the speed of sound, which is 767 mph at sea level. Afterburners are typically used during times of needing extra thrust, and are used sparingly in the F-100, due to extreme fuel consumption, and the engines not being rated for continuous afterburner use. During takeoffs and a combat engagement are two examples of when these would be needed. But we can readily assume that Forrest was going 750 mph or thereabouts. How much detail do you think you'd be able to make out from 500' elevation at that speed? An old, bearded Vietnamese man dropping his canes and throwing his arms up in despair? And the 500' is below and to the front, where the pilot has no visibility.

The guy would have to be a quarter mile ahead at that angle. The planes on the verge of breaking the sound barrier, and Fenn is seeing this guy's tears?

I've thought about this every time I've taken off in a jet plane since I read this. Then I looked it up today, and found that a 737 at takeoff is only going 150 mph, or 20% of Fenn's speed. Now I really doubt his story.

Comment

Imagination is key to read somewhere between the lines I suppose. There's a lot of gray... or is it grey? area in the margins.

Comment

Maybe the fact that the 2 cars aren't the same can be explained away if Fenn simply wasn't a car guy - which seems somewhat true, and he simply didn't realize his mistake.

Another "error" that Fenn has no excuse for has to do with jets in Vietnam. In "My War For Me", Forrest is flying in a F-100 with his afterburner on at 500' elevation, and he describes a funeral on the ground. He describes the funeral in quite vivid detail.

An F-100 at sea level has a max speed of just under the speed of sound, which is 767 mph at sea level. Afterburners are typically used during times of needing extra thrust, and are used sparingly in the F-100, due to extreme fuel consumption, and the engines not being rated for continuous afterburner use. During takeoffs and a combat engagement are two examples of when these would be needed. But we can readily assume that Forrest was going 750 mph or thereabouts. How much detail do you think you'd be able to make out from 500' elevation at that speed? An old, bearded Vietnamese man dropping his canes and throwing his arms up in despair? And the 500' is below and to the front, where the pilot has no visibility.

The guy would have to be a quarter mile ahead at that angle. The planes on the verge of breaking the sound barrier, and Fenn is seeing this guy's tears?

I've thought about this every time I've taken off in a jet plane since I read this. Then I looked it up today, and found that a 737 at takeoff is only going 150 mph, or 20% of Fenn's speed. Now I really doubt his story.
                    I think my war for me is a reference to Lamentations

Comment

Originally posted by dancingbear View Post
                      The car on page 64 does not have an engine. Word #64 in the poem is 'ever'. Eveready? Model A & Skippy = Model S? Electric cars do not have radiators.

His horse on page 62 is Lightning. Word #62 in the poem is 'end'. Followed by 'is ever'.

Word #64 'ever' + Word #128 'already' = Eveready. Page #64 car without an engine, page #128 followed page #127 where his father went to all the gas stations to pick up the bottle caps.

Some would say that relationship is not possible, and a coincidence, because the Tesla Model S did not come out until 2012 when the book TTOTC & poem were released in 2010. I would agree with that statement unless it was planned. That would certainly be an nice plan, Forrest & Elon.
                      Agree with others. I see the spark plugs as well when you look closely on page 64. Or at least something that resembles plugs. Fits my theory on electric.

I am not convinced that this and other facts hint to Tesla but I am convinced that electricity is included in the solve. However, I am more than 50% sold on the relationship to Tesla given the clear relationship to electricity and other auto hints including page 64. Nikola Tesla lived in Colorado Springs for a few years which is in the search area & Tesla was the only well known electric car manufacturer in the US in 2010 when the book & poem were released. If Forrest wanted to make that relationship it would not be difficult.

Forrest states in pages 4 & 145 of TTOTC that he cares about the environment.

Comment

Like Suzanne Somers said, Forrest was America's storyteller. (Please pass the salt.)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Like Suzanne Somers said, Forrest was America's storyteller. (Please pass the salt.)
                          Thanks OP for the belated reply.

Comment

From what I have found the more important the clue, the bigger hint Forrest tried to give. I only worked with the TTOTC book and the books it took me to. The named books and the Outlaw trail. I tried to do what f said to when he said if you really want to solve the thing. So I looked for things I knew he tried to make stand out. I did not want to find myself going through everything f wrote and trying to match it to the place I wanted it to be. Things like Forrest going down the slide, and only he knew that trick. Yet on the way to the next class, everyone knew what he did because of his backside. So it seemed f wanted us to notice something within that story. Just like the Outlaw trail book, F knew Redford wrote that book. The biggest hint in TTOTC was f leaving out the D in the word knowledge and then praying for Ds and no one would listen. When he wrote about, For Whom the Bell tolls, he gave the plot to A farewell to arms. He made it stand out. This is how I searched for hints and tied them into clues.

Comment

I have way too much time on my hands this week. Finally tested positive for Covid last weekend so I'm stuck at home for a while.

But I thought I'd take a fresh look at TTOTC after not looking at it for a while. There are two pictures of Skippy's car, one before losing it's windshield, and one after.

A minor detail, but the top one is a Ford Model A. The lower one has a windshield, not from a Model A, and the car body itself is not a Model A. Could be an honest mistake - at a casual glance they look the same. But I maintain that Fenn did everything for a reason. Any car guys out there recognize the make and model of the lower one? Not even 100% that the windshield was made for that car.

Another one is the picture of Fenn standing by his airplane after coming back from spreading Olga's ashes. What's with his mouth? Kind of look like he's sticking his tongue out. Just a bad photo, taken at just the wrong time, that he just decided to use anyway?
                              I've also noticed these and such anomalies. If you look close you can see Skippy is photo cropped into the car. Get a red filtered light (such as those used in the Vietnam era) look at the photos of the Jet. One of them says "=STOP=" directly under the cockpit. The photos are old style photos, developed in a red room, so editing them before being printed into the book would not be difficult.
                              "You only live once, so just go f*cking nuts!"- Mitch Lucker

Comment

Working...
                              X