HOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Copper View Post
    I think the clues had to do with the senses.
    warm waters-touch or taste
    hear me all-sound
    the whole poem-sight
    HOB-smell or taste
    paddle-touch

Cow poop, stain on pants, mom said to bring extra pants…all refer to poop or waste. All the dump references.

I believe WWWH has to do with truth. Finding the truth. Until you know what the truth is you can’t move forward in the poem. All clues are linked to that bigger story.

I don’t think we’ll ever know. I doubt Jack even knows.
    I've often thought the same thing. FF mentioned the faculty and importance of the senses I think in Teachers With Ropes. Interestingly, he made the comment about the smell of the gravy insulting his sensitivities etc etc.

Regarding the senses and the poem, I agree. Warm, Cold, Look/Found, Hear/Listen etc. FF was keen to appreciate and use the senses.

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post

As for the heat aspect of it, my HoB is a rock formation called a "horse" in mining terminology. It is formed by a block of "country rock" (i.e. magma) encased in a mineral lode. An example is in my avatar. I don't know that the examples of brown bread or brown gravy would make for hints towards my theory, but heat would definitely play a role in the formation of my HoB.
      I can't recall how many times that I thought about some type of geological formation that was brown thinking it could be HOB. The last one I had worked but it seemed too vague or I caught myself trying too hard to make it fit comfortably into the solve...it certainly seemed to work in the order of the poem, anyway. It's still an open possibility for searchers nonetheless, although currently I'm leaning more toward 'Brown' to refer to either a human or an animal(physically speaking).

Comment

Originally posted by Notable Canon View Post

I can't recall how many times that I thought about some type of geological formation that was brown thinking it could be HOB. The last one I had worked but it seemed too vague or I caught myself trying too hard to make it fit comfortably into the solve...it certainly seemed to work in the order of the poem, anyway. It's still an open possibility for searchers nonetheless, although currently I'm leaning more toward 'Brown' to refer to either a human or an animal(physically speaking).
        Jelm Mountain is the winner named for the brown orange color, think of red ocher the sunrise mine, only this has the sunrise creek. Having a bear on top helped.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hob 3.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	505.9 KB
ID:	374415

Comment

It's still an open possibility for searchers nonetheless, although currently I'm leaning more toward 'Brown' to refer to either a human or an animal(physically speaking).
          The thing about referring to a human or animal is that I'm pretty sure it's something that you have to translate into the natural world and not on a map. I'm working on the assumption that all clues (save for WWWH) are things that can't be identified by name, due to Fenn's "no shortcuts" rule. i.e. Leroy Brown's home is the South Side of Chicago. There is a Chicago peak near Ouray. That's a tantalizing HoB considering that Ouray has hot springs and there is a Savage Creek (npftm) below the south side of Chicago Peak. But alas, one can rule it out due to the fact that you could then just make Savage Creek your starting point (among other things).

I think the way the poem has to be solved is to figure out what the clues mean and then find them, rather than go to your spot and try to find something that fits.

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post

The thing about referring to a human or animal is that I'm pretty sure it's something that you have to translate into the natural world and not on a map. I'm working on the assumption that all clues (save for WWWH) are things that can't be identified by name, due to Fenn's "no shortcuts" rule. i.e. Leroy Brown's home is the South Side of Chicago. There is a Chicago peak near Ouray. That's a tantalizing HoB considering that Ouray has hot springs and there is a Savage Creek (npftm) below the south side of Chicago Peak. But alas, one can rule it out due to the fact that you could then just make Savage Creek your starting point (among other things).

I think the way the poem has to be solved is to figure out what the clues mean and then find them, rather than go to your spot and try to find something that fits.
            I agree. Maybe I didn't word it well enough, but, I don't think that we're looking for a map/natural feature 'named' Brown per se...but we are looking for something in the natural world that FF called Brown...but one question is, does anyone else call the same thing Brown, too? It could be a more abstract association for him that we'd have a lot of trouble easily seeing from his perspective. So, I'm on board with what you're saying...I'm just trying to figure out what Brown meant to FF and then to deduce what could be it's home and where or what in the natural world this could be. I think that once you have that..."Put in below' won't be difficult to figure out. If you think about it, until you figure out Brown and it's home...you'll never know what it means to 'put in below' it. The correct Brown is the key to that whole clue. Sorry if I sound like I'm repeating the obvious...it helps me, at least lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
              He had a brown paper sack lunch with a noisy apple and sardines.

noisy apple-beating heart-apple of my eye

home is where the heart is

brown bag-home to an apple and sardines

sardines-fish packed tight

brown gravy-he didn’t like it. Mud. Home of brown is not mud.

HOB more likely a fishing hole.
              I do like the connection of a noisy brown paper bag with fish (sardines) inside as a home for fish hence hint the HOB is a place known to have high density of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

Jelm Mountain is the winner named for the brown orange color, think of red ocher the sunrise mine, only this has the sunrise creek. Having a bear on top helped.

Name:	hob 3.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	505.9 KB
ID:	374415
                I remember looking at this area some time ago. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

I remember looking at this area some time ago. Thanks for posting it.
                  Someday you will be able to say I was one of the few. Big Hollow is WWWH Woods Landing is the put in below the HOB, not the resort, the put in itself.
                  Sheep mountain, a place for the meek, so moving away makes it no place for the meek. First left or nigh all the way to the other side of the put in to ever nigh.
                  Black river road till an aqueduct is under your feet. Is there will be no padded up your creek, just heavy loads and water high. If you have been wise and found the blaze is My War for Me in stone. And that is just the start

Name:	;;;;;;;;.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	391.8 KB
ID:	374824 Click image for larger version

Name:	1st solve put in - blaze 1.jpg
Size:	501.6 KB
ID:	374825

Comment

You look quickly down your quest to cease and NO CHEST, so Forrest asks why is it that I must go, his cancer his blocked kidney, you look down and see. The second WWWH a man with a wound by his left kidney.

Name:	A wound WWWH.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	389.3 KB
ID:	374828

Comment

And you start the poem again, after all you're exploring you find yourself at the beginning and know it for the 1st time. Click image for larger version

Name:	1st blaze to 2nd blaze.jpg
Size:	414.2 KB
ID:	374831

Comment

You reach the 2nd blaze, searching for Lewis and Clark, Forrest and Donnie brave and in the wood. How about them stars, hey.

Name:	2nd blaze aaaaaaa.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	449.2 KB
ID:	374835

Comment

Working...
                        X