Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I lost my sanity to the Chase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Suzy View Post
    Which one of us would still be hanging around here if they weren't crazy?

    Don't answer that. I've got enough problems with myself.
    Why are we here? Because we're not all there...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Suzy View Post
      Which one of us would still be hanging around here if they weren't crazy?

      Don't answer that. I've got enough problems with myself.
      It depends what you are searching for. The Chase is still good entertainment. What’s messed up is the people who dropped Forrest as soon as Forrest died/Hunt was over.

      Plus look at reputable people like ***. He thinks Forrest set up a finder. He was one of Forrest’s best confidants too.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CoatezOfManyColors View Post

        It depends what you are searching for. The Chase is still good entertainment. What’s messed up is the people who dropped Forrest as soon as Forrest died/Hunt was over.

        Plus look at reputable people like ***. He thinks Forrest set up a finder. He was one of Forrest’s best confidants too.
        I don't know ***. But I think *** was one lucky person if what you're saying is true. Heck, *** could even amount to be two or three lucky people when you add it all up. Sorry, but I don't have a three letter word for *** . . . only four letters.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Suzy View Post

          I don't know ***. But I think *** was one lucky person if what you're saying is true. Heck, *** could even amount to be two or three lucky people when you add it all up. Sorry, but I don't have a three letter word for *** . . . only four letters.
          That Socialist guy up in the NW. He smokes the cigarettes.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
            When I was trying to solve the poem, I went a little bonkers. I back to reality now, but for a few months I wasn't right, and I knew it. The poem ran through my head all day long, over and over and over. I would wake up in the middle of the night with it running through my head. It interfered with my R.E.M. sleep, which took me on a weird tangent exploring some former attorney for Michael Stipe. This isn't normal.

            Is this what f meant to do to us? Did he mean to hypnotize people until they went mad?

            I learned alot of weird obscure things about interesting places and people. I hope to go a little crazy again someday, but for now I'm glad to be back to my normal boring beancounting self.
            Gambling addiction is a real mental disease. Fenn must have known he had the money and means to prey upon people's psychologically tendency to attract this disease in a means to be well-known by the greater public. Dozens suffered and people even died for one ultimate cause......we know the name Forrest Fenn. Basically the same bargain one sells their soul to the devil for.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by djjmciv View Post

              Gambling addiction is a real mental disease. Fenn must have known he had the money and means to prey upon people's psychologically tendency to attract this disease in a means to be well-known by the greater public. Dozens suffered and people even died for one ultimate cause......we know the name Forrest Fenn. Basically the same bargain one sells their soul to the devil for.
              Oh please. People get addicted to digital technology- so I guess everyone who created the internet and your cell phone is to blame? People can become addicted to reading or music so all famous authors and musicians are to blame? People can get addicted to food so let’s blame Tony the Tiger and Count Chocula and everyone that owns a fast food joint? People can get addicted to work- so we blame all the business owners? People get addicted to drugs so we blame all the doctors and pharmaceutical scientists? Yes, people can get addicted to gambling, but unless you’re out there accusing all the horse breeders and cryptocurrency creators and stock brokers and hey- the entire media and advertising industries that are responsible for hype, well then, leave the devil out of your personal problems.
              Personally, I believe F would blow up the planet before selling out.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

                Oh please. People get addicted to digital technology- so I guess everyone who created the internet and your cell phone is to blame? People can become addicted to reading or music so all famous authors and musicians are to blame? People can get addicted to food so let’s blame Tony the Tiger and Count Chocula and everyone that owns a fast food joint? People can get addicted to work- so we blame all the business owners? People get addicted to drugs so we blame all the doctors and pharmaceutical scientists? Yes, people can get addicted to gambling, but unless you’re out there accusing all the horse breeders and cryptocurrency creators and stock brokers and hey- the entire media and advertising industries that are responsible for hype, well then, leave the devil out of your personal problems.
                Personally, I believe F would blow up the planet before selling out.
                AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxBSPqJd2_Y

                btw jeffie half the crew didn't show up sunday and i quit yesterday come back to earth and deliver your shit yourself 8 days deserves at least a pizza party and i touched that car all over so i guess that dis qualifies me hehe
                Last edited by sally; Yesterday, 09:27 AM.

                Comment


                • #23
                  The planet is not going to be blown up. But Her occupants are being faced with multiple and extraordinary changes that will have to be assimilated faster than most are able to handle, especially with technology aiming to control our every breath. Breath is the essence of life and Spirit itself breaths with us. So if we will maintain any freedoms, now that quarters are no longer being flipped but are spinning on their sides, showing all faces nearly simultaneously, it is VITAL that we remember the sacred teachings of the connections with our bodies and with the planet and the cosmos and INTEGRATE them FULLY within the new technologies. Other wise we are totally screwed.

                  And quite frankly, all the millennia of blood letting and sacrifices to 'gods' to bring fortunes and favors is not an Enlightened Man activity. If science is the new demigod, Super technology surely recognizes this fact and no forward evolution will occur until that slop is cleaned up. So yes, those who participate in that sort of stuff are now on the table because no Enlightened Entity is going to allow it. So think in whatever terms you want in order to understand, religious, science whatever, Earth is not just a place to rape and maim and She has her Protectors.

                  I one time accused Forrest of trying to incite revolution. I certainly was not a favorite of his, him being such a family man and all, and my family in such chaos. Weird how the mirror shows such juxtapositions and now all seen and held in check.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

                    well then, leave the devil out of your personal problems.
                    Well said!...

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      My personal suspicion is that most of us were already a little touched in the head before we ever read that poem. The "few Indiana Jones type out there," the unemployed redneck who throws his bedroll and 12 kids in the back of a pickup and heads off to the Rockies in search of gold aren't exactly the staid, practical, down-to-earth segment of the population, yet that was Forrest's alleged target audience. I think maybe the Chase appealed to a special kind of crazy -- be honest, when you told someone about how you were going to solve Fenn's poem and go get a box of gold out of the Rocky Mountains, that wasn't the first time you had gotten "that look."

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	sam_elliott.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	361083

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by djjmciv View Post

                        Fenn must have known he had the money and means to prey upon people's psychologically tendency to attract this disease in a means to be well-known by the greater public. Dozens suffered and people even died for one ultimate cause......we know the name Forrest Fenn. Basically the same bargain one sells their soul to the devil for.
                        As soon as I read this I sneezed, it sounded like horse sh*t. We know the name Forrest Fenn, apparently you don’t.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by djjmciv View Post

                          Gambling addiction is a real mental disease. Fenn must have known he had the money and means to prey upon people's psychologically tendency to attract this disease in a means to be well-known by the greater public. Dozens suffered and people even died for one ultimate cause......we know the name Forrest Fenn. Basically the same bargain one sells their soul to the devil for.
                          I gamble on options now. It's different, dignified. Nobody looks down on you for telling them you trade financial derivatives because most of them don't know what it is, but at it's core it is degenerate gambling.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X