I lost my sanity to the Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost my sanity to the Chase

When I was trying to solve the poem, I went a little bonkers. I back to reality now, but for a few months I wasn't right, and I knew it. The poem ran through my head all day long, over and over and over. I would wake up in the middle of the night with it running through my head. It interfered with my R.E.M. sleep, which took me on a weird tangent exploring some former attorney for Michael Stipe. This isn't normal.

Is this what f meant to do to us? Did he mean to hypnotize people until they went mad?

I learned alot of weird obscure things about interesting places and people. I hope to go a little crazy again someday, but for now I'm glad to be back to my normal boring beancounting self.

Now that COVID calmed down enough to go places again I went for my annual physical. Told my doctor what the poem did to me. He had never heard of it, but is gonna try to solve it. Hope it doesn't drive him bonkers too.

Comment

Sounds like you were consumed by Forrest. I’m in the same boat buddy…He always lurks in the deepest corners of my mind. Sun up to dark…non stop. Well maybe one stop but that’s it I promise…okay maybe two to three…but no more than that. Okay maybe more than that…well back down the rabbit holes I go!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePaco View Post
        Now that COVID calmed down enough to go places again I went for my annual physical. Told my doctor what the poem did to me. He had never heard of it, but is gonna try to solve it. Hope it doesn't drive him bonkers too.
        The truth is, Forrest made his hints and clues to sit in the back of our minds.
        None were right out front, in your face, like the belief f would have a chapter "In love with Yellowstone" and then put the chest there.
        I think any searcher with a little smarts, went to Yellowstone early and followed the many rabbit holes f gave us.
        He knew how them clues fit Yellowstone, and to make sure we knew, he gave us "Journal of a trapper"
        Forrest knew he could not just have a book with hints and clues, he had to have misdirection.
        In the end, when the real place is known, when he said if you don't have WWWH stay home, he meant it.
        You can't do anything with TTOTC book in till you find WWWH. It will take the reader there, if you let it.
        Forrest did play fair and made the clue you needed stand out, but even with it, it was not easy to find WWWH.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

The truth is, Forrest made his hints and clues to sit in the back of our minds.
          None were right out front, in your face, like the belief f would have a chapter "In love with Yellowstone" and then put the chest there.
          I think any searcher with a little smarts, went to Yellowstone early and followed the many rabbit holes f gave us.
          He knew how them clues fit Yellowstone, and to make sure we knew, he gave us "Journal of a trapper"
          Forrest knew he could not just have a book with hints and clues, he had to have misdirection.
          In the end, when the real place is known, when he said if you don't have WWWH stay home, he meant it.
          You can't do anything with TTOTC book in till you find WWWH. It will take the reader there, if you let it.
          Forrest did play fair and made the clue you needed stand out, but even with it, it was not easy to find WWWH.
          I agree with you 100 percent. Forrest led such a diversified life it was almost like trying to figure out how 3 different people think. Forrest the child, the veteran, and the art and Indian collectible Forrest. The best advice he gave was figure out WWWH before putting to many BOTG together. I got the book by a chance trip to Sante Fe on other business and happened to run across the bookstore. My father was around Forrest age with similar lifestyle so I thought I started with a edge but its obvious I was never in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by In My Opinion View Post

I agree with you 100 percent. Forrest led such a diversified life it was almost like trying to figure out how 3 different people think. Forrest the child, the veteran, and the art and Indian collectible Forrest. The best advice he gave was figure out WWWH before putting to many BOTG together. I got the book by a chance trip to Sante Fe on other business and happened to run across the bookstore. My father was around Forrest age with similar lifestyle so I thought I started with a edge but its obvious I was never in the game.
            I would think anyone who solved the poem had to get lucky and work hard.
            There are a lot of smart people in the chase, I have met a few, and they are no dummies.
            Maybe it was just a mindset you had to find, who really knows.

Comment

Maybe your Dr will give you the same sleeping pills that he’s gonna need to start taking himself after you’ve told him about the Chase and got him sucked into it.....
              I know I’ve had to take some over the years just to function at work the next day after thinking about FF all night....

Comment

The Thrill of the Curse

Comment

When I was trying to solve the poem, I went a little bonkers.

Is this what f meant to do to us? Did he mean to hypnotize people until they went mad?

I learned alot of weird obscure things about interesting places and people. I hope to go a little crazy again someday, but for now I'm glad to be back to my normal boring beancounting self.
                  Hey Prince,
                  You are in good company. Arnold Glasgow’s quote: “Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.” A video I posted shows the winner of a footrace (1600 Meters), and at the end it says…..”Be your own Hero. Set yourself on Fire.” The video is titled, "Godspeed," and is on Youtube.

Cheers mate!!!

Comment

When I was trying to solve the poem, I went a little bonkers. I back to reality now, but for a few months I wasn't right, and I knew it. The poem ran through my head all day long, over and over and over. I would wake up in the middle of the night with it running through my head. It interfered with my R.E.M. sleep, which took me on a weird tangent exploring some former attorney for Michael Stipe. This isn't normal.

No point losing sanity over the The Chest. The known contents are about 800k. 800K is nice don’t get me wrong, but 800k isn’t going to knock down every door in your way.

Just look at the way the Gov is expanding credit. It’s wise in their own eyes, now! But In reality they are baking a recipe for inflated prices and a stagnant economy. This economy is going to stagnant just like the Obama years. I’m hearing story’s of people surviving just by simply opening up credit lines. The “demand” is inflated in the end too.

life can be a funny thing. And honestly this whole chase has been an experience. I will certainly remember how everyone treated each other. Now that’s the thing that can make you insane.

I will be glad to cross paths with some of you! Just remember how people treated you now. Then simply reflect. Forgive, but never forget! But, we know what to do now when the shoe was on the other foot!
                    Last edited by CoatezOfManyColors; 11-24-2021, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

I would think anyone who solved the poem had to get lucky and work hard.
                      There are a lot of smart people in the chase, I have met a few, and they are no dummies.
                      Maybe it was just a mindset you had to find, who really knows.
                      The "only lucky searcher" I could ever visualize is that little leprechaun from Lucky Charms getting confused and saying "Trix are for Kids". Fenn's proverbial rabbit hole doesn't end up buried at the end of a rainbow, it has found it's way into some distant, but all too common, milky way galaxy, where a vast array of stars are giving an ample supply of generous milk.

Comment

"If you haven't been consumed by something now is your chance"

Comment

After witnessing the omnipotence, I have been trapped in a daze. I lived this simple life beforehand I wouldn't trade the journey I endured on for anything but it only led to more questions and confusion. A different perspective on life though for sure. It's hard not to look back on the past and be consumed by the things. But for today I shall listen to Alice when she said "It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then."

Comment

In the David Blaine hunt the creator Cliff Johnson use to call it "Just Blaine Crazy". Check out his site................. fools-errand...............

Your pal Goldball

Comment

Which one of us would still be hanging around here if they weren't crazy?

Don't answer that. I've got enough problems with myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X