Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some hard truths about the home of Brown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

What's your source for this information about Brown (with one name)?
    I am sorry! I can’t reveal my source. It’s a secondary source primarily, and I suspect it’s moot at this stage, but I’m a little stubborn and sentimental and a little spiritual.

Most wouldn’t go right straight to it (too far to walk) but a handful would go right straight to that 1/3 mile radius folks have talked about. That last 1/3 of a mile is a lulu. A most camouflaged place. Two sites, side by side, one bluff, and one spot is real. Only a legit finder could tell them apart.

I’m not worried about anyone finding a box of gold there. I believe it’s a special spot and absent some approval with provenance (approvenance?) I’d not reveal the source or spot. That’s a bridge or two too far. I do think Forrest’s last video with Dal (a great one, gave me chills and some onion cutting symptoms) was a 3-d map of the right spot.

I am 90 percent sure it is in “Grandpappy’s Office” too, but I can’t prove it just yet. I think someone knows where the final act has migrated. After hibernation, there’s a brief window of maybe 4 months to fish it out from under a pile of rocks.

IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ICV. View Post
      I think everyone agrees that the "home of Brown" is one of the 9 clues. Some would say "put in" is also part of that.

If it is a clue, then there are a few things that limit what it can be:

1. Not a structure.
      2. Not something labeled "Brown" on a map. (Little girl from india)
      3. Not a historical person. No knowledge of history needed to solve a clue. (I suspect many of the hints from the books a historical references, but not any of the clues.)
      4. Not a Brown bear, trout, etc. (My opinion) I think that would be misleading. No hint of subterfuge.
      5. Is a proper noun due to the capitalized Brown. Therefore a name. In the way it's used, almost certainly a specific "Brown".

To me, that leaves room for only one option. A "contemporary " person/animal/thing named "Brown". Contemporary when he hid the chest might be historical now as of 2021, but someone named "Brown" living in a describable area/location as of 2009/2010. There must be some documentation of this "Brown" somewhere for us to be able to figure it out.

Sorry. I know a lot of you wont agree with me, but I'm not settling for any other Brown.
      Okay you are FF.
      You are writing a poem.
      You need to rhyme brown trout with canyon down. and you don't want it to be totally obvious that you are talking specifically about trout.
      since trout is a noun and brown is an adjective you have to make brown into a noun.
      So you capitalize Brown

THIS IS NOT MISLEADING UNLESS YOU ARE A TOTAL IDIOT

Go to any fly fishing forum.
      They don't say trout
      They will say
      "check out this rainbow"
      "nice brown"
      "caught this brookie"
      etc.

Now read TTOTC. What would a normal person take away from it? FF loves fishing. FF spent a lot of time fishing. The book has pictures of all his family members fishing. FF talks about Flywater as a meaningful book to him. FF talks about death and using his last caddis in his tacklebox. There is a picture on the cover of FF of him holding a bunch of browns.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU THINK THAT HOB COULDN"T BE REFERRING TO BROWN TROUT?

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

Okay you are FF.
        You are writing a poem.
        You need to rhyme brown trout with canyon down. and you don't want it to be totally obvious that you are talking specifically about trout.
        since trout is a noun and brown is an adjective you have to make brown into a noun.
        So you capitalize Brown

They don't say trout
        They will say
        "check out this rainbow"
        "nice brown"
        "caught this brookie"
        etc.

Now read TTOTC. What would a normal person take away from it? FF loves fishing. FF spent a lot of time fishing. The book has pictures of all his family members fishing. FF talks about Flywater as a meaningful book to him. FF talks about death and using his last caddis in his tacklebox. There is a picture on the cover of FF of him holding a bunch of browns.

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU THINK THAT HOB COULDN"T BE REFERRING TO BROWN TROUT?
        SOLVE THE POEM TO KNOW WHY.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

They don't say trout
          They will say
          "check out this rainbow"
          "nice brown"
          "caught this brookie"
          etc.
          I seem to have angered you. It may be that I am, in fact, a total idiot. Maybe my wife has been right all these years.

But look at your own words: "nice brown". You didn't write "nice Brown". The capitalization is what makes the difference to me.

I started this out as "Truths" looking for a catchy title. Maybe I should have said "My strong opinions".

Still, I think the best way to interpret this is exactly what I said before. A real person with the name of Brown that lived in a specific location ar the time Fenn hid his treasure/wrote his poem, with online documentation to this effect.

Just my strong opinion. It's a free country, feel free to disagree.

Comment

The sad truth is most searchers who believe hoB is Brown Trout haven’t solved the poem and probably lack the kind of imagination and effort it takes to understand it.

Why on earth would Forrest promise something to a waterfall. And then, in a war torn country go back and fulfill that promise to that waterfall?

The burning desire and need to know what the poem is saying draws their mind to the easiest solution to make themselves feel okay with it. But is and isn’t that easy.

Forrest once said he saw what inherited money did. And the thrill is in doing it for yourself. Well I believe the same logic goes to solving the poem. The 9milers can’t do it themselves so they expect and want that inheritance, knowing damn well they didn’t deserve it. Maybe the chest story is being sold…and all these biddies are buying it.

Its funny…Cynthia’s last video insinuates she’s traveling by the first few clues in the poem. But you can clearly see when she’s driving she’s not walking. And Forrest said a few have deciphered the first two and walked right past it. I’d say those that believe “that” solve don’t have their mojo’s working.

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun View Post
              The sad truth is most searchers who believe hoB is Brown Trout haven’t solved the poem and probably lack the kind of imagination and effort it takes to understand it.

Why on earth would Forrest promise something to a waterfall. And then, in a war torn country go back and fulfill that promise to that waterfall?

The burning desire and need to know what the poem is saying draws their mind to the easiest solution to make themselves feel okay with it. But is and isn’t that easy.

Forrest once said he saw what inherited money did. And the thrill is in doing it for yourself. Well I believe the same logic goes to solving the poem. The 9milers can’t do it themselves so they expect and want that inheritance, knowing damn well they didn’t deserve it. Maybe the chest story is being sold…and all these biddies are buying it.

Its funny…Cynthia’s last video insinuates she’s traveling by the first few clues in the poem. But you can clearly see when she’s driving she’s not walking. And Forrest said a few have deciphered the first two and walked right past it. I’d say those that believe “that” solve don’t have their mojo’s working.

Unfortunately, Cynthia spent a lot of time and money inserting herself into Fenn's close quarters and I think it was more about trying to gain an advantage for herself under the guise of helping everyone. She was not alone in this tactic for certain. What I find interesting and somewhat satisfying is that she and the others doing this were no closer to unraveling the poem than anyone else. Think about that for a moment. Fenn was no dummy and by reputation was a shrewd man in his dealings with way more important and influential people. You can't play a player. They were all played like a worn cello. Happy turkey day, turkeys.

Comment

If you are at passing over the place where warm waters halt and "home in" on the peak of Mount Brown, and fly that direction, you will find the "put in" -- the fire tower below the peak. But it takes two fire towers to pinpoint the blaze.

Comment

Working...
                X