Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some hard truths about the home of Brown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I think everyone agrees that the "home of Brown" is one of the 9 clues. Some would say "put in" is also part of that."

You're making a false assumption here. Home of Brown is not one of the clues.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
      "I think everyone agrees that the "home of Brown" is one of the 9 clues. Some would say "put in" is also part of that."

You're making a false assumption here. Home of Brown is not one of the clues.
      Fallacy, false assumption

Hey Senora,
      Fallacy fancy fetish for silly sayings not recognizing the fractal nature of a Labyrinth. And that is to say flexibility demands that Brown means more than one thing....Brown is in fact a nexus inflection point of the continually rotating torus that is the labyrinth of Forrest’s Solution. Brown, is a place among other things (flexibility required for fractals), called the Barnum Brown Amphitheater. That point of the toroidal fractal, is one of three points....that provide "triangulation" for an area, where the Poem then leads the searcher to a "point of enrty," into the said triangulated area. ie: "put in below the home of Brown," means simply to enter into the triangulated area by entering it below....Barnum Brown Amphitheater.

Ain’t no shame in my game...Fallacies, we don't need no stinking Fallacies.....no false assumptions here mate, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ICV. View Post
        I very well may be incorrect. What assumptions of mine do you think are incorrect?.
        Perhaps the following, albeit the last was not an assumption but your conclusion:
        (1) "home of Brown" is one of the 9 clues.
        (2) If it is a clue, then there are a few things that limit what it can be: 1. Not a structure.
        (3) No hint of subterfuge.
        (4) Is a proper noun due to the capitalized Brown. Therefore a name. In the way it's used, almost certainly a specific "Brown".
        (5) that leaves room for only one option. A "contemporary " person/animal/thing named "Brown".

That's my take on it, anyway.
        Last edited by Spoon; 11-23-2021, 10:41 AM.

Comment

One way I thought that could work around the "no knowledge of history is required", would be if it was a site of a historical Brown, and there was a plaque or historical marker on site. That way you wouldn't need the prior knowledge, but you would gain it in your search. My first HOB I had hoped was this way. It would have been perfect. There was a historical marker. I know a man named Brown founded this ghost town. But alas, the marker did not mention him, so I dropped that one.
          Hey,
          No history needed per se, but the Barnum Brown Amphitheater (BBA), is a spot on the map. It is the "home of Brown." Starting out with just the Poem, all you need is that spot to proceed. Google it.

Historical significance comes in later. The meaning of the metaphor of Brown (person, place, thing etc., al), initially is simply to match a spot on the ground to the “Brown” of the poem.

The history, and the significance of the meaning of the metaphor, “Brown,” comes in later. It transforms into other things therefore, but later. Sleep on it mate…cheers! Hey, in fact, “Brown” is the dragon of the Dragon Room in the Pink Adobe too! Get it? Brown=Dragon. Brown is a Dinosaur, and the ancients, finding the bones incorporated them into the Dragon myth. Brown, (Kritosaurus Navajovius Brown) =Dinosaur=Dragon.

For now, “Brown,” is BBA, a spot on a map. Google it. On the Paleontological map it is shown as, "BBA." It is a locality of a significant dinosaur find. Found there by none other than Barnum Brown. did not want to post link here...copywrite question, you know?

Look in quadrant 18 for BBA. That is the home of Brown. The dinosaur Brown.
          Here is the link:
          https://www.uv.es/~pardomv/pe/2009_1/149/fig_4.htm
          Last edited by trueyeti; 11-23-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

There is certainly a spirit of Brown in this article. Not to mention the pictures. I have to believe the point of this letter is also at the core of Forrest's message.
            This month's announcement that the Biden administration is finally taking an important step toward protecting one of the world's most culturally influential landscapes is significant, Robert Redford writes. It's important that Chaco Canyon will get the protection it deserves, and we must now do better in protecting all the sacred lands of those who were here long before us.

Comment

Why do you folks complicate everything so much? All you need to do is find a "put-in" that is located below or downhill from a place that is called the "home of Brown". Easy!

Early in the hunt, it only took a few keywords entered into a search engine to find it. There is way too much garbage about HOB on the web for it to work now.

This is the answer. Just let yourself see it...

https://pws111.medium.com/to-the-bla...d-5a38c093581f

Comment

Originally posted by pws111 View Post
                Why do you folks complicate everything so much? All you need to do is find a "put-in" that is located below or downhill from a place that is called the "home of Brown". Easy!

Early in the hunt, it only took a few keywords entered into a search engine to find it. There is way too much garbage about HOB on the web for it to work now.

This is the answer. Just let yourself see it...

https://pws111.medium.com/to-the-bla...d-5a38c093581f
                Hey111,
                With respect, it is an answer. Reasoning/methodology is correct. But the location is wrong. It is possilbe to be right and wrong at the same time. That's how.

To "put in" Below the home of Brown..... At Bisti three points are assertained from the poem, from home.... Triangulated area...meaning a triangle. When you "put in...Brown," it is an entry point into the bottom (below) of the triangulated area garnered from home.... as in "home," in "home of Brown." The reasoning/logic is sounder because it is right, and righter...and not right but wronger.... in other words...Bisti is the answer, and the Winning Solve too. Consider your logic as applied to the correct solve and sleep on it....I'll draw a picture soon. Go look at the string, "I Solved the Riddle of the Nickels"...cheers mate! I cross Abique dam on my way to Bisti, where the real Brown resides.

To be simpler, would be rude. I respect your effort.

Forrest said that it was not going to be easy...difficult, but not impossible, I recall...

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                  There is certainly a spirit of Brown in this article. Not to mention the pictures. I have to believe the point of this letter is also at the core of Forrest's message.
                  Hey Sharp,
                  Love it! Hey there is a place there at Chaco designated as, "Casa Moreno." Translated it means the house/home of Brown, or the Brown house, or the house that is Brown. When looking for Brown you gotta turn over a lot of logs...hahaha! cheers

Comment

The home of brown was made by Mother Nature and Brown was a owner at one time.does any of that make much sense? Clint

Comment

I'm going from memory here, but I believe Forrest stated at one time that HOB was not associated with a structure.
                      Forrest said that the treasure is not associated with a structure.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                        Brown is certainly a person- even better- he only had one name! You don’t need any knowledge of history to figure out the right Brown. The riddle is that you can acquire the knowledge you need-it isn’t a prerequisite…but you have to be in the right area to begin with in order to find him. The road to Brown isn’t paved, but it is accessible to the persistent.

The second part of the riddle is that not being associated with a structure doesn’t mean it isn’t associated with where a structure once was. At least one scrapbook talks about how structures can be moved.

A home doesn’t need to be owned. Home is where the heart is. It’s where you hang your hat. Where you go in your mind when you can’t go in body.

Some place names are so powerful they radiate outward and become Proper. They become bigger than their square footage. Waterloo might be a good example.

Brown is a person. But he represents something also-an undying spirit… like Daniel Boone, or Jackie Robinson, or John F. Kennedy, or Sacagawea, or even Secretariat. The spirit of doing, trying, discovery, bravery, and living, rather than simply drawing breath. Becoming more than the sum of one’s parts. I only wonder what became of young Brown.
                        What's your source for this information about Brown (with one name)?

Comment

The information is out there.Find the right canyon down and don’t look for Browns name it’s not in the open you are going to have to on cover it.Clint

Comment

Besides if I told you the source it would take all the fun out it and you would go straight to the hoB. Clint

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              Besides if I told you the source it would take all the fun out it and you would go straight to the hoB. Clint
                              I consider myself to be fairly reasonable and by reading this post I must tip my hat to you good sir. A real mensch will never leak it’s source.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                                The home of brown was made by Mother Nature and Brown was a owner at one time.does any of that make much sense? Clint
                                Hey blackdog,
                                The home of Brown in the solve is a nexus point where it means many things,
                                As per your comment..the Barnum Brown Amphitheater (BBA), is an erosional feature where the dinosaur Kritosaurus Navajovius Brown was discovered by the paleontologist Barnum Brown. It was made by mother nature. The locality bares the designation BBA. Barnum Brown, "owns" the name of that locality. It is where the duck-billed dino (Brown) resided, it was his home in mother nature. Later in the Poem, Brown becomes "other" things. I covered some of those things earlier and they are person, place, thing, color, and the frog, to name a few...... your statement makes much SENSE. Cheers...
                                Last edited by trueyeti; 11-24-2021, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X