Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some hard truths about the home of Brown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some hard truths about the home of Brown.

I think everyone agrees that the "home of Brown" is one of the 9 clues. Some would say "put in" is also part of that.

If it is a clue, then there are a few things that limit what it can be:

1. Not a structure.
    2. Not something labeled "Brown" on a map. (Little girl from india)
    3. Not a historical person. No knowledge of history needed to solve a clue. (I suspect many of the hints from the books a historical references, but not any of the clues.)
    4. Not a Brown bear, trout, etc. (My opinion) I think that would be misleading. No hint of subterfuge.
    5. Is a proper noun due to the capitalized Brown. Therefore a name. In the way it's used, almost certainly a specific "Brown".

To me, that leaves room for only one option. A "contemporary " person/animal/thing named "Brown". Contemporary when he hid the chest might be historical now as of 2021, but someone named "Brown" living in a describable area/location as of 2009/2010. There must be some documentation of this "Brown" somewhere for us to be able to figure it out.

Sorry. I know a lot of you wont agree with me, but I'm not settling for any other Brown.

Or it could be his hair color. Capitalized Br Brown on his ID, which he shows us in every single book. And his address is his childhood home address: 1413 N.

Shrugs.

Comment

Originally posted by ICV. View Post
      I think everyone agrees that the "home of Brown" is one of the 9 clues. Some would say "put in" is also part of that.

1. Not a structure.
      3. Not a historical person. No knowledge of history needed to solve a clue. (I suspect many of the hints from the books a historical references, but not any of the clues.)
      4. Not a Brown bear, trout, etc. (My opinion) I think that would be misleading. No hint of subterfuge.
      5. Is a proper noun due to the capitalized Brown. Therefore a name. In the way it's used, almost certainly a specific "Brown".

To me, that leaves room for only one option. A "contemporary " person/animal/thing named "Brown". Contemporary when he hid the chest might be historical now as of 2021, but someone named "Brown" living in a describable area/location as of 2009/2010. There must be some documentation of this "Brown" somewhere for us to be able to figure it out.

Sorry. I know a lot of you wont agree with me, but I'm not settling for any other Brown.
      There’s a reason he said the hints help with the clues.

“I give you TITLE to the gold” (Not a clue…so a hint)

Why is Brown titled???

Comment

Why would Brown trout be misleading? US Fish & Wildlife tell you to capitalize fish species (if that is what it refers to) in their Guide for Authors.
        Last edited by Not4but242Walk; 11-22-2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

iCV. - Forrest shared oodles of Buffalo stories because hoB was Buffalo Horn Creek. He wanted us to think about Home on the Range. Interesting is that when following the poem on the map, TFTW really does make sense in the end because the entire route looks just like a leg with a foot. And the route really is too far to walk. Good thing the poem brings you back to the beginning where the giant X on the map is and where the treasure was accessible by an old guy and most anyone else. Some of the wild places searches have trekked, me included, thinking an old man would go are so far fetched that it's no wonder Forrest wished he could have lived to do the things he was attributed to during this Chase.

Comment

I can tell you Brown is a person.Clint

Comment

1. Not a structure.

Why would hoB not be a structure?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Why would hoB not be a structure?
                I'm going from memory here, but I believe Forrest stated at one time that HOB was not associated with a structure.

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post

Why would Brown trout be misleading? US Fish & Wildlife tell you to capitalize fish species (if that is what's it refers to) in their Guide for Authors.
                  Just my opinion. I may be wrong. The home of Brown sounds to me like a home of an individual. Not home of the Browns.

Comment

I'm going from memory here, but I believe Forrest stated at one time that HOB was not associated with a structure.
                    I was wrong. He said the treasure was not near a structure. If HOB was decently away, I suppose it could be. There seems to be some confusion based on his answer to a MW question. He didnt really answer completely. Strange for Forrest to be vague.

Comment

ICV: for what it's worth as a counter-example, I used Tepee Creek as my home of Brown. Brown capitalized because it's referring to a proper name (the creek's name). I thought it served pretty good triple-duty: a tepee is a type of home, "Brown" colloquially referred to the Native American denizens of said structures, and (far less convincingly) Tepee Creek itself is probably home to brown trout, being a feeder stream to the Gallatin which is certainly a river for browns.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                        ICV: for what it's worth as a counter-example, I used Tepee Creek as my home of Brown. Brown capitalized because it's referring to a proper name (the creek's name). I thought it served pretty good triple-duty: a tepee is a type of home, "Brown" colloquially referred to the Native American denizens of said structures, and (far less convincingly) Tepee Creek itself is probably home to brown trout, being a feeder stream to the Gallatin which is certainly a river for browns.
                        I was always taught a proper noun was a person,place, or thing. So is it one of those things? Maybe all? Who knows.

But I can assure you, it wouldn’t be crazy if all of those lines crossed.

Comment

I think the word burnish is important to Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post

Why would Brown trout be misleading? US Fish & Wildlife tell you to capitalize fish species (if that is what it refers to) in their Guide for Authors.
                            Then wouldn't it be plural - Browns?

Comment

I wouldn't consider history to be specialized knowledge. You can learn it on your own. Personally, I believe Brown is a fictional character from a forgotten book - hinted at in the Flywater chapter of TTOTC.

Comment

Working...
                              X