Well, I'm out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'm out

It's obvious to me Nine Mile Hole is going to be the semi-official story.

The good news is that leaves me to claim Union Pass as my own. It's a much better place, where the blaze is infeasible to remove, Brown is not an effing trout, and there's a genuine reason it's capitalized. It's a world where worth the cold is not a dangerous river crossing, and the treasure is not near a highway.

It's a place rich in history, and (gasp), has an actual story. It's a scenic, isolated place, and now it's my spot.

It's a place where the double omegas exist. It took me awhile to find them, but I did. It's a place where the clues actually are quite clever, and they are challenging. It's a place where every noun, nearly every word in that damn poem had some kind of clever meaning.

It's a world where you can believe it took 15 years to write that poem. I might be in fantasy land, but it's my fantasy land now. It's my spot. First one to claim it, gets it, right?

On January 15th, I'll release what the double omegas are. If you want a fun puzzle, in the spirit of the Chase (the old one, not whatever this has become), you have until then to figure out what they are before I say what they are. You won't be disappointed if you find them, but they are tough. You have the advantage of knowing what you are looking for though. They will be a coincidence too unique to deny, and they are supported by hints in the book. You will certainly question how it could be when you discover them. You'll certainly question the official story. That's not the whole solve to Clue 9 - I think I'll keep that for myself, but it's the meat of it. Maybe it's not the true solve, but it's something like what the solve should have been, and you can decide for yourself. I'm not just blowing smoke. Anyway, it's mine now.

January 15th is a day that means something to me. It's the day my father died. He was a giant of a man, born 2 days exactly before Fenn. He was in the same Air Force, and had the same success in life. He had some stories to tell. He worked on his own memoirs but never completed them and it's a shame.

If I stay here, I'll get quite more cynical, so I'm just going to claim my territory and mosey off. I'm actually pretty happy go lucky.

You can follow me at my blog if you like, where I'll post the omegas on January 15th:

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

In the meantime, I may dump some of the notes that corroborate this, as well as some details on Frank Brown and Robert Stanton, which is a pretty fascinating historical story. Weren't we promised a story with the end of this hunt? That's what I thought.

Anyway, farewell to the several remaining I admire here who haven't run out the door before me. I hope you find your own closure.
    Last edited by CRM114; 11-21-2021, 05:47 PM.
    You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

I think all this 9MH nonsense will see off a lot more of the community, just like the "100% confirmed GPS solve" that came with chase closure.

I often wonder if I will be the last man standing. I never give up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnus View Post
      I think all this 9MH nonsense will see off a lot more of the community, just like the "100% confirmed GPS solve" that came with chase closure.

I often wonder if I will be the last man standing. I never give up.
      Well hang in there, fight the power, and good luck.

https://youtu.be/Khvo6TH-DXc

Comment

Well, I am sad to see you go. There were many times you said some things that made me think you might be Forrest himself. I guess not. Well what you said was insightful, so your solve must be real good. I still think there is a story at the end; but we are not quite there yet. Anyhow, thanks for sharing a bit of yours. Happy trails to you.
        1f Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
          Well, I am sad to see you go. There were many times you said some things that made me think you might be Forrest himself. I guess not. Well what you said was insightful, so your solve must be real good. I still think there is a story at the end; but we are not quite there yet. Anyhow, thanks for sharing a bit of yours. Happy trails to you.
          1f Billy
          I have to agree with Billy. You have made some very astute deductions along the way. Look forward to more of your potential hints to the hunt in your area on your site. I will be fun to see how they relate to my solve. Just because I know I'm right!! (Like a ten thousand people before me!! :-))
          Take care. Ignore the detractors. Seems to be the ending they hope for.
          AH

Comment

If you use your imagination, the Beartooth Hwy forms 2 omegas in my search area, so that's my interpretation. I'm looking forward to hearing more about yours.

Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

The good news is that leaves me to claim Union Pass as my own. It's a much better place, where the blaze is infeasible to remove, Brown is not an effing trout, and there's a genuine reason it's capitalized. It's a world where worth the cold is not a dangerous river crossing, and the treasure is not near a highway.

It's a place rich in history, and (gasp), has an actual story. It's a scenic, isolated place, and now it's my spot.

It's a place where the double omegas exist. It took me awhile to find them, but I did. It's a place where the clues actually are quite clever, and they are challenging. It's a place where every noun, nearly every word in that damn poem had some kind of clever meaning.

It's a world where you can believe it took 15 years to write that poem. I might be in fantasy land, but it's my fantasy land now. It's my spot. First one to claim it, gets it, right?

On January 15th, I'll release what the double omegas are. If you want a fun puzzle, in the spirit of the Chase (the old one, not whatever this has become), you have until then to figure out what they are before I say what they are. You won't be disappointed if you find them, but they are tough. You have the advantage of knowing what you are looking for though. They will be a coincidence too unique to deny, and they are supported by hints in the book. You will certainly question how it could be when you discover them. You'll certainly question the official story. That's not the whole solve to Clue 9 - I think I'll keep that for myself, but it's the meat of it. Maybe it's not the true solve, but it's something like what the solve should have been, and you can decide for yourself. I'm not just blowing smoke. Anyway, it's mine now.

January 15th is a day that means something to me. It's the day my father died. He was a giant of a man, born 2 days exactly before Fenn. He was in the same Air Force, and had the same success in life. He had some stories to tell. He worked on his own memoirs but never completed them and it's a shame.

If I stay here, I'll get quite more cynical, so I'm just going to claim my territory and mosey off. I'm actually pretty happy go lucky.

You can follow me at my blog if you like, where I'll post the omegas on January 15th:

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

In the meantime, I may dump some of the notes that corroborate this, as well as some details on Frank Brown and Robert Stanton, which is a pretty fascinating historical story. Weren't we promised a story with the end of this hunt? That's what I thought.

Anyway, farewell to the several remaining I admire here who haven't run out the door before me. I hope you find your own closure.
              If you'd refresh our memories for us (by posting the link again here on January 15), that might help.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

If you'd refresh our memories for us (by posting the link again here on January 15), that might help.
                OK, will do, thanks for thinking of that. I wrote up a little more formal invite to my little contest:

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2021...double-omegas/

Macahol Thanks and you too, that's a great area. I'm confident the double omegas are part of the solve.

Anonymous Hunter Thanks! There were a few things I discovered that didn't fit. I'll skim the cream off the top and post those in case they help anyone else. I'm sure even some of the other hints I point out can be applied elsewhere.

Sherif Billy Ha, ha, that made me laugh as you often do, thanks for that. I can tell it's therapeutic for me to get this off my chest finally and maybe provide some fun for folks. Happy trails, cowboy.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

The good news is that leaves me to claim Union Pass as my own.... It's a place rich in history, and (gasp), has an actual story. It's a scenic, isolated place, and now it's my spot.... I might be in fantasy land, but it's my fantasy land now. It's my spot. First one to claim it, gets it, right?
                  Absolutely! That's the way I look at it, too. I think everyone who has a great solve they believe in, or at least they think is better than NMH, should put it out there. Who would believe you if the real solve came out and it turned out to be at Union Pass? Too late to say it's your spot then.

Don't leave forever, OK?

Comment

Indirectly Forrest said the double omegas hold no meaning to the chase or the poem. So.....
                    "Don’t spend a lot of time on the last page (of TTOTC) like he did, not unless you need a good font type. " - The double omegas are on the last page of TTOTC. Ergo, a waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                    X