Picture of chest as found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picture of chest as found

The first pic was taken by a brother who gave it to his partner/brother. Brother 1 did not think brother 2 would ever see anything in it. Brother 2 was unable to make the walk to the base of Woodbine Falls. They were to split the booty, but Bro 2 was cut out. That is how Bro 2 told the story to me. I've posted the Woodbine solve several times.

I've been to this cubby about a dozen times. The rock with the "F" has fallen to the floor and is covered with dirt. You can;t reach the cubby during high water.

Comment

these pics were sent to me before Stuef came to say he was the finder. I have sent them to two forensic photography people. The first was Jen Owens. She told me the pic had been opened in photo shop. I already knew that because of the big green arrows. That's what five hundred bucks got me. The next was Eric Johnson. He told me that a very good photo shop is extremely difficult to spot. He said the best that might be possible is an "inconclusive" result, so I saved my money on getting these looked at. I spent many hours talking to brother 2. I did not share these pics before because I was under contract with a production company that was doing a show on the Fenn search and it was to be part of that show. The company nixed the program because the world has moved on. I think people should know about this aspect of the search.

Comment

So we'll try this again.....
        Why was this place so special to Forrest?
        Thank you explaining it to me.
        1f Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
          So we'll try this again.....
          Why was this place so special to Forrest?
          Thank you explaining it to me.
          1f Billy
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRM2YcGpmxg

Comment

Hi DMac,

I like your solve. I've told you before, It's not the same as mine but we are in the same neighborhood and I just want to offer you some support.

So...why do I think it's possible? Maybe...
            * You started where river bathing is best- wwwh
            * Went down river to Firehole Canyon
            * Firehole Canyon is near a highway that will take you to the Lamar Ranger Station (Ranger Brown's old home)- about 30 miles as the crow flies. That's not far but too far to walk with a highway near.
            * While at Lamar Ranger Station you "put in" a canoe and floated to a place that was no place for the meek. Where was that? Next line.
            * The mouth of Hell Roaring Creek is no place for the meek. Hell Roaring is deafening. Meek is too quiet to be heard. Also, Hell Roaring and meek are sort of poetic together.
            * These travels have brought us nigh to Nye, Montana. Let's just go there. (my theory has a bit more to it, but will not apply here)
            * We are in Nye looking for no paddle. What's one of the main features of Nye? The Stillwater River. Think about it. If you have no paddle, then you make no waves, no disturbance of the water- still water.
            * Do we go up the river or down? I would say "up" because of the heavy lodes that are mined in the old mining company.

I'm stopping now because my solve veers off.

Good luck, DMac!!

Comment

I think this place was special to Forest for several reasons. In his favorite book, Journal of a Trapper, this is the epicenter of most of the action. Meeks was nearly killed by Blackfeet right down the drainage from Nye (No place for the Meek and End is drawing Nigh). If you were to look at a BLM map (Red Lodge district) you'd see that once you leave Nye, you immediately hit a buffalo jump. As an arrowhead hunter myself, I know those are candy for archeologists and collectors. Next, Forest, the collector of gold, drives by one of the biggest gold mines around. Soon, he parks at a fishing campground. I also would think he would like a spot right by Yellowstone Park. This spot is on the main drag north of the park and ninety minutes from the Cody museum where he was on the board. Come out of Yellowstone at Cody and make the loop by Columbus, MT right to Livingston and back into Yellowstone at Gardiner. I think Nat Forest because forest is multi-use. It's outfitted, grazed, trapped, mined, etc. You can leave your T posts there with the intent of fixing fence. Someone picks it up. Leave a tent, someone picks it up. They aren't involved in resolving those issues. Forest leaves some cash, someone takes it, they aren't involved. Problem? Tell it to the judge. Same with geocaching. You can do that on the Forest Service but not in Yellowstone. Not allowed, and after all, this was a sophisticated geocache. Also, he would have flown over this 'blaze" that is the falls and seen it from the air. Would he put it somewhere he had not seen from the pilot's seat? You are not allowed to fly around or over Yellowstone. This place fits Forest in every way. Archeology, fishing, gold, see it from the air, accessable to an old man, near Yellowstone, beautiful drainage with mountains, streams, small towns. It is perfect for him. I wish the people who just dismiss this would just take a look at it on a map before they are so hasty.

Comment

Thank you for not ridiculing this. Here's my solve once more. Boiling River to Yankee Jim Canyon too far to walk to Livingston where the river is famous for big browns - boss browns - Mr. Browns. No place for the Meek where one of the trappers - Meeks - was nearly killed by Blackfeet in Journal of a Trapper. The trappers built a fort at Columbus and put up a post to mark where one of the party was killed - at the confluence of the Stillwater and Yellowstone. Straight up the Stillwater to Nye. The Stillwater is famous for two things - fish and paddlers. Now to the huge ore trucks at the Stillwater Mine to the campground - not to your left, you can see the Falls about a mile off - a two tiered Falls that looks like a Forest Service Trail blaze. They "blaze" trails with two hatchet strikes that make a mark like an exclamation point. These pics were sent to me by a guy who came all the way from Michigan and Minnesota because they "knew the chest was there"

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
                  Sarah--You need to watch some happier movies.
                  Billy

Comment

Welcome back LarryQ!

Comment

Also note this location is on the north toe of Mount Wood.

Comment

All sensible ideas, DMac. I'm guessing the falls is your blaze AND water high?

Comment

I do think the falls is the blaze. Woodbine creek and the falls are above five thousand feet in elevation. Also, there are no structures, many people go to the overlook every day, it is loud at the base of the falls and you have to wade to the cubby - get cold get loud and get in the Wood. One more thing, I got these pics right after the news of the find came out when I found a post on youtybe "I've sid all along, my brother and I found the chest at the base of Woodbine Falls in Montana in 2016. I responded to his post - the only person who did - and said I would like to hear abut that and left my number. Three minutes later, my phone rings. I get these pics. Long before the chest pics with the dirt on them come out. That's what happened.

Comment

These photos were staged. That's a replica chest. A month before Jack found the chest a group was blackmailing Forrest saying they will release pictures of a fake discovery after his death and he won't be around to prove it. Dal was brought in to consult about any contingency as well too but I don't know if he's still around to verify. Someone else brought up they heard other people planning to do the same and Fenn didn't want to say anything that would help the cause as it would risk the integrity of the chase. After that I didn't hear anything about it until I read the chest was found.
                            Take that as you will.

Comment

Originally posted by djjmciv View Post
                              These photos were staged. That's a replica chest. A month before Jack found the chest a group was blackmailing Forrest saying they will release pictures of a fake discovery after his death and he won't be around to prove it. Dal was brought in to consult about any contingency as well too but I don't know if he's still around to verify. Someone else brought up they heard other people planning to do the same and Fenn didn't want to say anything that would help the cause as it would risk the integrity of the chase. After that I didn't hear anything about it until I read the chest was found.
                              Take that as you will.
                              Surely you have proof of this purely inventive conjecture BS. Yet another person claiming to have important, privileged “inside information” from a mysterious made-up “someone” source. Are there really this many people desperate for 15 minutes to feel relevant?
                              I’m getting sick of rumors that have nothing behind them but creative 15 minute chasers. I also don’t read tabloids though, so maybe I’m not the target audience.

Comment

Working...
                              X