Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madison Junction and Canyon debunked for those who like 9mh?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by DanNun View Post
    Forrest says several people correctly deciphered the first two clues and didn’t know it.

    What does several mean according to Forrest? Well he says in the Moby Dickens interview around 48:00 mark.

    Seems to me if MJ is wwwh then many more than several correctly deciphered it.
    Agreed. Here’s another quote corroborating that fact. WWWH was very commonly correctly identified in this hunt.

    Forrest, you have stated that several searchers correctly identified the first two clues in your poem. Could you tell us how many searchers to your knowledge have correctly identified the first clue correctly? Thanks. ~49 Dollars

    No 49, I cannot tell you how many searchers have identified the first clue correctly, but certainly more than several. I cannot imagine anyone finding the treasure without first identifying the starting point, although many seem to be preoccupied with later clues. To me that’s just expensive folly. f

    https://mysteriouswritings.com/featu...st-first-clue/

    …but they all kept going right on by it. See my post on missing the home of Brown. https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...-nickels/page2
    Last edited by Longfellow; 11-22-2021, 08:06 AM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by DanNun View Post
      Forrest says in the Moby Dickens interview that "there are several people that have deciphered the first two clues, I don't think they knew it because they walked right on past the treasure chest" (About 8:20 minute mark)

      So let's think about this for those who like the 9mh "solve." I've repeatedly listened to those who argue that if 9mh is it, then WWWH is Madison junction, take it the canyon down is Madison Canyon, NFBTFTW is drive and hoB is 9mh....correct?

      I've seen Cynthias video...and many others arguing that WWWH is the first clue (MJ). And then they take it in the canyon down-2nd clue. And then NFBTFTW could just be a reference to driving and then hoB could be where you stop-which would then be the 3rd clue correct? Or for some NFBTFTW could be the 3rd and hoB could be the 4th....(I don't think it matters much in this case)

      This doesn't make sense with Forrest's quote. If you're given a direction to drive as the second clue then before you could start walking past it you'd need to stop-which would be the third clue. But Forrest doesn't say that....he says the 2nd clue and then they walked right on past it.

      And you can argue that WWWH AND Canyon down are the first clue and hoB is the second clue...but then Forrest once said about the 2nd Stanza when asked about how many clues there were, that it sounded like 3 or 4 to him. (I can't find the video/clip but would appreciate if someone did. I think it may have been a reporter or audio of him).

      So this tells me one of two things...either Madison Junction and Canyon are incorrect clues, or the several people who walked right on past it...must have trekked from Madison Junction all the way down past 9mh on foot...and that's maybe a little less than 4 miles (as the crow flys).

      I mean this is it…straight from the horses mouth. You can't make it fit because you want it to....In my humble opinion.

      Edit: I found the audio of Forrest saying it sounds like 3-4 clues in the 2nd stanza. 4:20 minute mark.

      https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...hunt-1.2942225
      People deny logic in the Chase. He didn't mean mentally walked as someone suggested. He meant walked with your legs. And the other glaring point is, if they were walking then it's clearly not too far to walk. You are absolutely right. They can't argue it away, but they will try. WWWH is first clue Canyon Down is 2nd HOB is 3rd.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

        People deny logic in the Chase. He didn't mean mentally walked as someone suggested. He meant walked with your legs. And the other glaring point is, if they were walking then it's clearly not too far to walk. You are absolutely right. They can't argue it away, but they will try. WWWH is first clue Canyon Down is 2nd HOB is 3rd.
        I agree. And I think they’re so preoccupied with the later clues they miss what’s right in front of them…as they’re looking for those clues. And that’s why they go right past it. Notice how many people were trying to figure out hoB before even knowing WWWH? I can’t blame them too much though cause in the beginning I thought the same way. But I learned and thought and tested my ideas. That’s why I feel so confident. But I guess sound judgment goes out the window if no one is willing to take the time and listen.
        Last edited by DanNun; 11-22-2021, 10:09 AM.

        Comment


        • #34
          No matter how anyone slices the cake, Fenn always said that a searcher has to learn or discover wwwh is, and then go there. The clues are contiguous after that, in order. Trying to find shortcuts will not work and that pretty much sums up the status of the Chase right up until the find announcement. Many folks had figured out the first two clues, and a "maybe" up to the fourth clue.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by klein View Post
            No matter how anyone slices the cake, Fenn always said that a searcher has to learn or discover wwwh is, and then go there. The clues are contiguous after that, in order. Trying to find shortcuts will not work and that pretty much sums up the status of the Chase right up until the find announcement. Many folks had figured out the first two clues, and a "maybe" up to the fourth clue.
            Agree, but he did also say that if he told you the HoB, "you would/could go right to it." So you need to know WWWH to figure out the correct HoB but evidently you can bypass starting WWWH if you know HoB. What that suggests to me is that HoB must be something that you have to figure out beforehand, but you actually have to identify it while taking the canyon down. 9MH is something you can find on a map. Then there's the little girl from India who can't get past the 1st 2 clues. Even if pibthob is Clue #2, then npftm is easily identifiable on a map per most of the 9MH solves.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Macahol View Post

              Agree, but he did also say that if he told you the HoB, "you would/could go right to it." So you need to know WWWH to figure out the correct HoB but evidently you can bypass starting WWWH if you know HoB. What that suggests to me is that HoB must be something that you have to figure out beforehand, but you actually have to identify it while taking the canyon down. 9MH is something you can find on a map. Then there's the little girl from India who can't get past the 1st 2 clues. Even if pibthob is Clue #2, then npftm is easily identifiable on a map per most of the 9MH solves.
              This is what I’m taking about. I agree with Fenn’s statement but you’re shortcutting it because you don’t know where warm waters halt. There’s no way you can bypass WWWH if you know hoB. And there’s no way of knowing hoB until you know WWWH. People aren’t thinking of everything.

              Comment


              • #37
                People think… “9MH is a good fishing spot for Brown Trout, so that must be the home of Brown. Now let me go and find my WWWH.” It doesn’t work like that. And then People say, “oh this must be wwwh so let me go find my hoB”. It also doesn’t work like that. You need to consider the big picture…just as Forrest has always said.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Macahol View Post

                  Agree, but he did also say that if he told you the HoB, "you would/could go right to it." So you need to know WWWH to figure out the correct HoB but evidently you can bypass starting WWWH if you know HoB. What that suggests to me is that HoB must be something that you have to figure out beforehand, but you actually have to identify it while taking the canyon down. 9MH is something you can find on a map. Then there's the little girl from India who can't get past the 1st 2 clues. Even if pibthob is Clue #2, then npftm is easily identifiable on a map per most of the 9MH solves.
                  Case in point. That is one of the biggest reasons why the Chase pretty much stalled for as long as it did. Folks trying to get ahead of the first clue, and even the second, pretty much sums it up. I do agree that a searcher would have to keep in mind the first two clues while figuring out the third, and so on, however, it's in your face obvious that is the Achille's heel of the entire problem. From the second clue and beyond never worked out for anyone.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by klein View Post

                    Case in point. That is one of the biggest reasons why the Chase pretty much stalled for as long as it did. Folks trying to get ahead of the first clue, and even the second, pretty much sums it up. I do agree that a searcher would have to keep in mind the first two clues while figuring out the third, and so on, however, it's in your face obvious that is the Achille's heel of the entire problem. From the second clue and beyond never worked out for anyone.
                    Because they never knew they correctly deciphered the first two!

                    Forrest is so good with words that even saying those that were a couple hundred feet from the chest is misleading imo. But it’s also very simple.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      He said get in your car and drive to the first clue.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post
                        He said get in your car and drive to the first clue.
                        Yeah? Where are you going with this?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Forrest said "where warm waters halt" was the first clue, and that the clues were contiguous. So "And take it in the canyon down" almost certainly has to be part of the second clue (since it indicates travel away from WWWH), or possibly that line combined with the next ("Not far, but too far to walk.") Either way, if Madison Junction is your first clue, you've got a problem: MJ and Madison Canyon are NOT contiguous.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by DanNun View Post

                            Yeah? Where are you going with this?
                            Someone had posted that Forrest never said you had to visit the first clue (I should have quoted their post, my bad). I posted the drive to it quote in response.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Anonymous Hunter View Post

                              I think Forrest said he followed the clues in the poem, but he had not finished it yet. Something along those lines. Zapster, you there?
                              Hi Anonymous Hunter : sorry for the delay (playing catchup today). Here's the ATF you're referring to:

                              MW Periodic Words (6/5/2017): “To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f”

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

                                Someone had posted that Forrest never said you had to visit the first clue (I should have quoted their post, my bad). I posted the drive to it quote in response.
                                Oh okay. Sorry I was a little confused.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X