Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madison Junction and Canyon debunked for those who like 9mh?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Madison Junction and Canyon debunked for those who like 9mh?

    Forrest says in the Moby Dickens interview that "there are several people that have deciphered the first two clues, I don't think they knew it because they walked right on past the treasure chest" (About 8:20 minute mark)

    So let's think about this for those who like the 9mh "solve." I've repeatedly listened to those who argue that if 9mh is it, then WWWH is Madison junction, take it the canyon down is Madison Canyon, NFBTFTW is drive and hoB is 9mh....correct?

    I've seen Cynthias video...and many others arguing that WWWH is the first clue (MJ). And then they take it in the canyon down-2nd clue. And then NFBTFTW could just be a reference to driving and then hoB could be where you stop-which would then be the 3rd clue correct? Or for some NFBTFTW could be the 3rd and hoB could be the 4th....(I don't think it matters much in this case)

    This doesn't make sense with Forrest's quote. If you're given a direction to drive as the second clue then before you could start walking past it you'd need to stop-which would be the third clue. But Forrest doesn't say that....he says the 2nd clue and then they walked right on past it.

    And you can argue that WWWH AND Canyon down are the first clue and hoB is the second clue...but then Forrest once said about the 2nd Stanza when asked about how many clues there were, that it sounded like 3 or 4 to him. (I can't find the video/clip but would appreciate if someone did. I think it may have been a reporter or audio of him).

    So this tells me one of two things...either Madison Junction and Canyon are incorrect clues, or the several people who walked right on past it...must have trekked from Madison Junction all the way down past 9mh on foot...and that's maybe a little less than 4 miles (as the crow flys…and I’d imagine it must’ve been difficult to make two trips from his car as Forrest has stated)

    I mean this is it…straight from the horses mouth. You can't make it fit because you want it to....In my humble opinion.

    Edit: I found the audio of Forrest saying it sounds like 3-4 clues in the 2nd stanza. 4:20 minute mark.

    https://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens...hunt-1.2942225
    Last edited by DanNun; 11-22-2021, 03:23 PM.

  • #2
    Don’t bury me!

    Comment


    • #3
      FWIW, even in the 9mh solve you obviously don't need to visit the first two clues at all if you have the rest figured out. That was somewhat misleading by Forrest.

      He meant "mentally walked by."

      Or did he?

      It's a rare solve where you would actually have to physically visit Clue 1 and go from there on to Clue 9 if you knew the first two. It would be even rarer still to "walk right past it," even if doing the journey mentally.

      It would almost have to mean Clue 1 is near Clue 9.
      You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
        FWIW, even in the 9mh solve you obviously don't need to visit the first two clues at all if you have the rest figured out. That was somewhat misleading by Forrest.

        He meant "mentally walked by."

        Or did he?

        It's a rare solve where you would actually have to physically visit Clue 1 and go from there on to Clue 9 if you knew the first two. It would be even rarer still to "walk right past it," even if doing the journey mentally.

        It would almost have to mean Clue 1 is near Clue 9.
        Shhh…I’m not talking to you in the post! Or am I? However, I do believe you need to visit clue one to get you to clue 9. And dare I say the blaze is hidden in clue 1? Nah I won’t say…that’d be too bold.
        Last edited by DanNun; 11-21-2021, 12:40 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Didn’t somebody ask ff if he followed the clues when he hid the chest and he said yes, there’s no other way? So is there only one way to get to 9MH?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Hillbilly Hound View Post
            Didn’t somebody ask ff if he followed the clues when he hid the chest and he said yes, there’s no other way? So is there only one way to get to 9MH?
            Yea there’s only one way to get there. If the clues lead you there.

            Comment


            • #7
              At the 15:00 minute mark Forrest also says nobody is going to happen on that chest. You need to solve the clues to get there (paraphrasing). Nobody to my uncertain knowledge has given the right ideas to the clues yet. Hence they have not gotten to the right spot. Investigating confirmers or game cams is not solving the clues…so you’ll never get there.

              Comment


              • #8
                I tend to believe BIWWWH is exactly where you start on foot. NFBTFTW I believe is the unintended riddle Jack spoke of. In one of the Fenn videos he said something along the lines of " for me now, it's too far to walk" being a metaphor. He also stated before if you solve the first clue, you're more than halfway there...metaphorically speaking.
                Best guess is this clue is somehow tied to time. One could use WWWH as the beginning of the Madison river and use NFBTFTW as a confirmer of this being correct.

                A junction is (1) a place where two things join or meet, or (2) the act of joining or meeting. Juncture has traditionally borne these senses as well, but in modern usage it more often refers to a point in time, especially one made critical by a confluence of circumstances.

                Madison junction: Birth of the Madison ( Feels umbilically connected) And Junction(juncture) being a point of time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by rmx63 View Post
                  I tend to believe BIWWWH is exactly where you start on foot. NFBTFTW I believe is the unintended riddle Jack spoke of. In one of the Fenn videos he said something along the lines of " for me now, it's too far to walk" being a metaphor. He also stated before if you solve the first clue, you're more than halfway there...metaphorically speaking.
                  Best guess is this clue is somehow tied to time. One could use WWWH as the beginning of the Madison river and use NFBTFTW as a confirmer of this being correct.

                  A junction is (1) a place where two things join or meet, or (2) the act of joining or meeting. Juncture has traditionally borne these senses as well, but in modern usage it more often refers to a point in time, especially one made critical by a confluence of circumstances.

                  Madison junction: Birth of the Madison ( Feels umbilically connected) And Junction(juncture) being a point of time.
                  Is a junction only limited to what a name on a map says? I can see many junctions without the name telling me it’s there.

                  You need to think of it all before you start trying to get the first clue. This is why there are no shortcuts…he made it impossible to find without the bigger picture.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hillbilly Hound View Post
                    Didn’t somebody ask ff if he followed the clues when he hid the chest and he said yes, there’s no other way? So is there only one way to get to 9MH?
                    I think Forrest said he followed the clues in the poem, but he had not finished it yet. Something along those lines. Zapster, you there?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DanNun View Post

                      Shhh…I’m not talking to you in the post! Or am I? However, I do believe you need to visit clue one to get you to clue 9. And dare I say the blaze is hidden in clue 1? Nah I won’t say…that’d be too bold.
                      Ooopsie, I thought I was playing straight man... Or was I!?

                      Don't you know you aren't supposed to talk about "what abouts" anymore? Actually having to visit Clue 1 to find it? That's crazy talk.
                      You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

                        Ooopsie, I thought I was playing straight man... Or was I!?

                        Don't you know you aren't supposed to talk about "what abouts" anymore? Actually having to visit Clue 1 to find it? That's crazy talk.
                        You’re talking straight while I’m holding the Royal Flush! Or am I?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DanNun View Post

                          You’re talking straight while I’m holding the Royal Flush! Or am I?
                          Well, it's better than Aces and eights.... Or?
                          You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
                            FWIW, even in the 9mh solve you obviously don't need to visit the first two clues at all if you have the rest figured out. That was somewhat misleading by Forrest.

                            He meant "mentally walked by."

                            Or did he?

                            It's a rare solve where you would actually have to physically visit Clue 1 and go from there on to Clue 9 if you knew the first two. It would be even rarer still to "walk right past it," even if doing the journey mentally.

                            It would almost have to mean Clue 1 is near Clue 9.
                            IMO, clue 9 ends physically near clue 1, but the remaining clues are spread over a large area. I also think, this is the reason why Forrest quoted T. S. Elliot “We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.”

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DanNun View Post

                              Shhh…I’m not talking to you in the post! Or am I? However, I do believe you need to visit clue one to get you to clue 9. And dare I say the blaze is hidden in clue 1? Nah I won’t say…that’d be too bold.
                              Hello DanNun,

                              Some of the things you say resonate with my way of thinking. I’m curious, whose voice do you hear when reading the first stanza of the poem? Is it the voice of Forrest, something else, or both?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X