No announcement yet.

Confirmation was weak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still waiting on an answer from anyone "in the know".....
    What made nine mile hole so personal to Forrest that he decided to remove the reason for it being his special place from his autobiography?
    Was he having an affair with a trout? Please do tell!

Comment

Also.... How would anyone be Surprised that nine mile hole was the place? It was one of the most searched locations in the entire four states! Disappointing maybe... But surprising? Hardly....

Comment

So refreshing to hear the many voices of reason over this ridiculous (so called solve) there cannot be an ounce of truth in it.
        Forrest was so much more intelligent than to ever dream this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by BritChaser View Post
          You know there’s a bar that’s re opened called chasechat where you’ll find a lot more traction with your posts.

Sorry, you’ve got me doing what you do now.. my bad. I won’t do it again.
          wishes do come true

Comment

Production of the documentaries has begun, the beautiful searchers need to be thought of as important and relevant to the story and that means getting everyone on board with this farce. The documentarians need to hear the real solution and that will not come from the beautiful searchers or Gack, they don't have a clue. I'm surprised these docs are even being made, it's a joke and a stupid waste of money because it can all easily be proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
              What made nine mile hole so personal to Forrest that he decided to remove the reason for it being his special place from his autobiography?
              "Nine Mile Hole. (Palm to forehead) Oh my gosh, why didn't I think of that!" (insert sarcasm emoji here)

Comment

By autobiography, are you referring to Ramblings and Rumblings?

"They used to lock the gates to Yellowstone Park at 1000 at night. No one could get in or
                out after that time. So dad would take the car just inside the gate and park it so we could
                get up at 0500 and go fishing, before the gate opened. The Madison River in the park had
                three good fishing holes; the Slow Bend (five miles up,) the Nine Mile Hole (you guessed
                it, nine miles,) and the Water Hole, (about eleven miles). These were our secret names
                and the great fishing spots were also TOP SECRET.
                It was important that we beat my grandfather (old Charlie Simpson) to these fishing
                places, especially the Nine Mile Hole that had room for only one fisherman. It was not
                just a casual thing, but real competition that sometimes bordered on insanity. There were
                arguments about it. Old Charlie’s emotions on that subject were usually overstimulated.
                In 2007 I wrote this for Peggy. It was published in The West Yellowstone News
                Flywater"

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

Thanks in advance!

RIP 9MH
                  Sorry but 9mile isn't dying anytime soon. It's only been getting stronger.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
                    Was Cynthia's video lining us up for a mike drop moment at the end? The email exchange with Jack? Maybe she read it with bias and saw it as confirmation. Hoping we would do the same?

Maybe the girls had first made a trip to Santa Fe in an attempt to find answers. They didn't get any, so put this out in an attempt to fatten up the beast we wouldn't buy?
                    Confirmation isn't important. Faith is. Thinking about this is, of course, optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

You are just swimming against the tide, unaware of the undercurrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post

By autobiography, are you referring to Ramblings and Rumblings?

"They used to lock the gates to Yellowstone Park at 1000 at night. No one could get in or
                        out after that time. So dad would take the car just inside the gate and park it so we could
                        get up at 0500 and go fishing, before the gate opened. The Madison River in the park had
                        three good fishing holes; the Slow Bend (five miles up,) the Nine Mile Hole (you guessed
                        it, nine miles,) and the Water Hole, (about eleven miles). These were our secret names
                        and the great fishing spots were also TOP SECRET.
                        It was important that we beat my grandfather (old Charlie Simpson) to these fishing
                        places, especially the Nine Mile Hole that had room for only one fisherman. It was not
                        just a casual thing, but real competition that sometimes bordered on insanity. There were
                        arguments about it. Old Charlie’s emotions on that subject were usually overstimulated.
                        In 2007 I wrote this for Peggy. It was published in The West Yellowstone News
                        Flywater"
                        Nope... The "olive jar" autobiography....
                        Forrest said that he had originally included in it the reason why the hiding spot was special to him but decided to remove that explaination because he decided that it was "too personal".....

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

(sniff, sniff) I've noticed . . . I'll try to get (and stay) upwind from it.

Comment

Nope... The "olive jar" autobiography....
                            Forrest said that he had originally included in it the reason why the hiding spot was special to him but decided to remove that explaination because he decided that it was "too personal".....
                            This suggests something that I have suspected for a while -- that Forrest didn't seriously expect (or plan for) the finding of the treasure chest to happen after his own death.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

This suggests something that I have suspected for a while -- that Forrest didn't seriously expect (or plan for) the finding of the treasure chest to happen after his own death.
                              Yes! Exactly!
                              let's also not forget that he said he was motivated to hide the chest, at least in part, by the recession of 2008... He thought it could change someone's life.... Why would that matter 100 or 1000 years from now?

On a different note, Forrest said that the finder might not realize what made the place special to him.... How does that apply to a favorite fishing hole? The finder would have to be pretty daft to not figure that one out wouldn't they?

Comment

Also.... How would anyone be Surprised that nine mile hole was the place? It was one of the most searched locations in the entire four states! Disappointing maybe... But surprising? Hardly....
                                Yeah. Totally. Forrest would have had to have said "Several thousand people have figured out the first few clues..."

But that's not what he said. I'm not sure why they're pushing the 9MH narrative so hard, but it has to be in order to obfuscate something else. Because it's a shitty solve that still doesn't make sense. I'd like to see what hints in the book they are using to nail down whatever wwwh they are claiming that leads to 9MH. Should be a few subtle hints they can point to and say "This hint establishes what wwwh is."

Instead, the 9MH disciples just say Ojo Caliente or maybe Madison Junction. Warm water halts at neither of those locations. "Yeah but it changes names!" I wasn't told to find where warm waters change names. The waters do not halt there. The river names might change, but the waters DO NOT HALT at Madison Junction. I've been there. That water continues to flow. I've stood there and watched it flow. That's how I ruled it out after a while. Those warm waters enter the Madison and continue to flow and do not halt until they get to Hebgen Lake. It's there that they halt. It's also there that they freeze in the winter time, but they do not freeze in the park or below the dam.

Remember that last scrapbook, the one with pics of the guy cutting ice from Lake Hebgen? Almost every hint points to Hebgen. I'm still waiting for hints that point to MJ or Ojo or anything in the park. People will say "Well Forrest used to joke about how deep is a hole." Yes, he did. But he didn't joke about that in the book, so show me the hint to wwwh in the book that ends in any way at 9MH.

Comment

Working...
                                X