Perhaps Forrest's secret is a reveal of the D.B. Cooper mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps Forrest's secret is a reveal of the D.B. Cooper mystery

All the circumstantial evidence that links the D.B. Cooper saga to Forrest sure is intriguing, especially what Alan K has pointed out in the Ha Ha Ha D.B. Cooper book. It's really hard to explain away so many unique and poetic coincidences.

What if Forrest's "secret where" is not that he was Dan Cooper himself, but the fact that he knows the real identity of Dan Cooper? And has evidence to support it. A secret he's kept for decades.

I remember checking out Forrest links to D.B. Cooper before and coming across the story of paratrooper extraordinaire and Vietnam Vet Ted Braden. This writer makes a convincing case to me that he was the real Dan Cooper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAxEjbPv7II

Forrest and Braden both served in Vietnam around the same time. A notable fact uncovered about Braden is how so many of the soldiers who knew him were absolutely certain that he was Dan Cooper. He was amongst a small group of paratroopers who jumped out the rear door of a 727 jumbo jet on missions in Laos - something no one else (except D.B. Cooper) even knew could be done.

Did Forrest suspect him as well - and perhaps help him launder the cash?

I don't believe someone like Ted Braden would write the Ha Ha Ha book. But Forrest? Perhaps. If he knew the secret.

It's never felt like a match to me that Forrest was the hijacker himself. But I could definitely see him being in the know - and keeping the secret.

Ted Braden died in June of 2007.

November 24th 2021 is a perfect 50th anniversary of the hijacking, once again right on the day before Thanksgiving. The perfect day for Forrest to announce it to the world. The day we've all been waiting for?

Interesting. I haven't watched the Treasure Warriors DBC vlog-a thon and am not up on that angle of the chase, but isn't art considered to be an avenue for money laundering in general? I'll have to try to watch that video.

Comment

Perhaps Forrest's secret is a reveal of the D.B. Cooper mystery . . .

Originally posted by artislurker View Post
      All the circumstantial evidence that links the D.B. Cooper saga to Forrest sure is intriguing, especially what Alan K has pointed out in the Ha Ha Ha D.B. Cooper book. It's really hard to explain away so many unique and poetic coincidences.

What if Forrest's "secret where" is not that he was Dan Cooper himself, but the fact that he knows the real identity of Dan Cooper? And has evidence to support it. A secret he's kept for decades.

I remember checking out Forrest links to D.B. Cooper before and coming across the story of paratrooper extraordinaire and Vietnam Vet Ted Braden. This writer makes a convincing case to me that he was the real Dan Cooper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAxEjbPv7II

Forrest and Braden both served in Vietnam around the same time. A notable fact uncovered about Braden is how so many of the soldiers who knew him were absolutely certain that he was Dan Cooper. He was amongst a small group of paratroopers who jumped out the rear door of a 727 jumbo jet on missions in Laos - something no one else (except D.B. Cooper) even knew could be done.

I don't believe someone like Ted Braden would write the Ha Ha Ha book. But Forrest? Perhaps. If he knew the secret.

It's never felt like a match to me that Forrest was the hijacker himself. But I could definitely see him being in the know - and keeping the secret.

November 24th 2021 is a perfect 50th anniversary of the hijacking, once again right on the day before Thanksgiving. The perfect day for Forrest to announce it to the world. The day we've all been waiting for?
      In 90 years of living, Forrest may conceivably (hee hee!) have accumulated a lot of secrets. I'm not interested in any of them, except those relating directly to this treasure hunt. The others, in my not-very-humble opinion, don't belong on this blog . . . which almost guarantees that somebody will post about them.
      Last edited by Old Pilot; 11-19-2021, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I'm fascinated by the DB Cooper connection, although there is nothing really solid that I've seen. I wrote down a general outline of the evidence just to get it straight and to try and really evaluate the pros and cons.

I won't post that here unless someone wants to talk about it, but there are a lot of interesting favorable circumstances. Allen K's Ha Ha Ha findings are fascinating, but I am having trouble believing that was Forrest responsible for it. But maybe - a 200K thrill of the chase treasure hunt is really a "blow your mind" kind of thing.

I was thinking that some strong evidence we might get is if someone can show that Forrest has a Dan Cooper comic collection or even one comic book. That would go a long way to convincing me he might be involved or actually be Cooper.

I think the connection you have presented is also a potentially good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
          I'm fascinated by the DB Cooper connection, although there is nothing really solid that I've seen. I wrote down a general outline of the evidence just to get it straight and to try and really evaluate the pros and cons.

I won't post that here unless someone wants to talk about it, but there are a lot of interesting favorable circumstances. Allen K's Ha Ha Ha findings are fascinating, but I am having trouble believing that was Forrest responsible for it. But maybe - a 200K thrill of the chase treasure hunt is really a "blow your mind" kind of thing.

I was thinking that some strong evidence we might get is if someone can show that Forrest has a Dan Cooper comic collection or even one comic book. That would go a long way to convincing me he might be involved or actually be Cooper.

I'm definitely interested in seeing your general outline of pros and cons. I agree that something more concrete like Forrest having a Dan Cooper comic collection (or some Cooper cash) is required to go above and beyond the layers of very circumstantial connections.

The potential of a hidden secret to be revealed within the chest has always been the most compelling and inspiring part of Forrest's tale/poem for me. This Cooper Caper has become the number one suspect for me lately thanks to what Alan K and Stephanie have shared. But if we don't hear anything next Wednesday, November 24 on the 50th anniversary, I think it's likelihood dims. That's too perfect an opportunity to miss for someone like Forrest. There couldn't be a more perfect day to disclose a secret that's captivated so many for 50 years.

I also don't think Forrest was the hijacker. But does he want us to think he was? "It's not who you are, its who they think you are"

Comment

I would love to see it. Everytime I've tuned in, it's only been the Ha Ha Ha book conversation which isn't very convincing to me.

Comment

Originally posted by artislurker View Post

Very plausible. That would 'splain all the DB Cooper chatter in the Chase lately.

RE: "The perfect day for Forrest to announce it to the world." That would be a shocker for sure!! Talk about a (re-) Entrance?!? Wowza!
              Last edited by Hoof Hearted; 11-19-2021, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I feel like this is where Forrest would have told me to go back to the poem, and to keep dwelling on that first clue.

Comment

Yes make a new thread and post it. Nobody is 100% sold on the connections but they are definitely interesting. Allen, Ben, even the first ones Mindy and Stephanie who wrote a little book about it, none are completely sold. I found one interesting thing myself that I haven't heard out there but I didn't read Mindy's book.

Comment

Originally posted by Max23 View Post

Yes make a new thread and post it. Nobody is 100% sold on the connections but they are definitely interesting. Allen, Ben, even the first ones Mindy and Stephanie who wrote a little book about it, none are completely sold. I found one interesting thing myself that I haven't heard out there but I didn't read Mindy's book.
                    I don't feel like my overview summary of reasons that DB Cooper = Fenn has any information that someone like you probably doesn't already know. I'm sure you are way ahead of me on the subject- you have demonstrated that you are an extremely bright person.

But if you start a 50th anniversary DB Cooper = Forrest Fenn thread, I'll post on it. I'd love to hear the interesting thing that you found. And artislurker has an interesting take as well. I'd love to have a DB Cooper thread up that people could post on. I haven't read Mindy's book either and I'm not aware of what Fenn said about it. Maybe people could post some of that info.

Comment

Maybe we should be looking for Robin Hood instead....

Comment

Working...
                      X