How big is the "precise" location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is the "precise" location?

Fenn said there was enough information in the poem to lead a person to the precise location of the TC. The only way this makes sense to me is if the TC was very close to the blaze.

I simply don't see any precision. Of course, this may be because my "no place for the meek" is quite large.

Unfortunately for my solve, the poem only gets me down to about a 5 acre area. My gut tells me this isn't very precise. I can rule out some of this space based on common sense and things Forrest has said about the area, but using the poem only, I can't get below about 5 acres.

Of course "precise" is somewhat subjective, just like "close". How close do you think Fenn's poem could get you to the TC if properly followed?

It will take you to a place that is roughly the same area as a football field, or slightly smaller. Within that area you must search for and identify the blaze. Once you find the blaze, you will find the treasure chest directly below it.

Comment

Originally posted by ICV. View Post
      Fenn said there was enough information in the poem to lead a person to the precise location of the TC. The only way this makes sense to me is if the TC was very close to the blaze.

I simply don't see any precision. Of course, this may be because my "no place for the meek" is quite large.

Unfortunately for my solve, the poem only gets me down to about a 5 acre area. My gut tells me this isn't very precise. I can rule out some of this space based on common sense and things Forrest has said about the area, but using the poem only, I can't get below about 5 acres.

Of course "precise" is somewhat subjective, just like "close". How close do you think Fenn's poem could get you to the TC if properly followed?
      if you consider you are going from the ENTIRE Rocky Mountains (or the 4 states he limited to it) and bringing that down to where a creek meets a river, I'd say that was pretty precise. And then if you find the blaze there the chest is directly below it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

if you consider you are going from the ENTIRE Rocky Mountains (or the 4 states he limited to it) and bringing that down to where a creek meets a river, I'd say that was pretty precise. And then if you find the blaze there the chest is directly below it.
        simple as that, huh?

Comment

The only way this makes sense....? If you didn't believe Forrest's words, then there was little reason to participate in his game. Since you did participate, then I would suggest you check your assumptions.

In answer to your question, I would say no more than 5 feet in any direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

I saw them searchers moving with confidence as they wandered around aimlessly looking for a blaze.

Why does it seem every time someone tries to make nine mile work, Forrest pays the price?

At this point, nothing Forrest said matters, because the documentary is what matters.

How can you have a cast of lead searchers that were never close to finding the chest ?

Comment

“It was the perfect treasure chest.” f

Was it a hint that the treasure chest was perfect because of its size or was it just a coincidence that the Poem also ended up pointing to a 10”x10” spot?

Comment

I estimate about 20 feet. Thus, in order to find the TC, the searcher will still need to do some searching around. Your 5 acres would only work decently if the hidey spot is very obtrusive in an otherwise relatively featureless area.
                I haven't seen anything that makes me believe that the blaze is very close to the hidey spot. Here's a scenario that could illustrate a case like this. If, for example, there's a narrow trail/pathway that is the only practical way to get from point A to point B, and point B is right at the hidey spot, and the blaze could be seen (for all practical purposes, per the poem) only from point A . . . If the poem instructs the searcher, upon seeing the blaze, to proceed along said narrow trail/pathway, then the searcher could find the hidey spot. None of this requires that the blaze be nearby. But it must be findable . . . and I believe that it is.
                Last edited by Old Pilot; 11-17-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

I saw them searchers moving with confidence as they wandered around aimlessly looking for a blaze.

Why does it seem every time someone tries to make nine mile work, Forrest pays the price?

At this point, nothing Forrest said matters, because the documentary is what matters.

How can you have a cast of lead searchers that were never close to finding the chest ?
                  By assigning them the title of "lead searchers", maybe . . .

Comment

Originally posted by colokidd View Post

Was it a hint that the treasure chest was perfect because of its size or was it just a coincidence that the Poem also ended up pointing to a 10”x10” spot?
                    I dunno. Before now, I never saw any indication that the poem points to a spot that small. Good luck in finding that spot and/or the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post

The only way this makes sense....? If you didn't believe Forrest's words, then there was little reason to participate in his game. Since you did participate, then I would suggest you check your assumptions.

In answer to your question, I would say no more than 5 feet in any direction.
                      Not sure how I'm not following Forrest’s words. I was saying that to be precise, the TC and the blaze would have to be fairly close. Although not a certainty, Fenn never said otherwise.

If I found a blaze using the directions in the poem and that blaze was 200' up a hill but overlooking a flat area, what is more precise? Right next to the blaze, or somewhere down on the flat area?

Comment

Originally posted by colokidd View Post

Wow. That would be very precise. You may be right of course, but I just don't see what in the poem could be that precise. Something 10 inches by 10 inches?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Your 5 acres would only work decently if the hidey spot is very obtrusive in an otherwise relatively featureless area.
                          That's what I thought. I could do a 10 foot grid search for days, but that's not what a precise solution/location should require. If I were in the right location, I must still be missing something.

Comment

I think it's premature to be concerned with the size of the "precise" location until the poem has been completely solved. I urge folks to bounce their solves off of other (trusted, intelligent) folks, for feedback . . . as one sometimes can't catch all of one's own mistakes. By the way, you could pick one (trusted, intelligent) "consultant" for each clue solve. That way you won't need to share too much info with any individual. And please do remember that a good online map can be very, very helpful. I suggest Google Earth, as it allows one to zoom in quite far, and also look at some "ground-level" views. I found it to be the most useful of all the maps I used in this treasure hunt. Good luck to you. (Please don't eat any figs offered to you by a snake. Hee hee!)

Comment

“Unfortunately for my solve, the poem only gets me down to about a 5 acre area. My gut tells me this isn't very precise. I can rule out some of this space based on common sense and things Forrest has said about the area, but using the poem only, I can't get below about 5 acres. “

What if the poem gets you down to that 5-acre area, but then he left a clue/map somewhere on that 5 acres that points you to the precise spot? The poem says he’s going to hint of riches new and old. Maybe the “fake blaze” was ff’s final clue to the precise spot.

Comment

Working...
                              X