No announcement yet.

Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you ever wondered why Forrest talked about the olive jar that JC waved in his face that looked like the olives were stacked one at a time or why Forrest said it was important that he drink a martini at least once a year, here's the olive jar with the olive and it's clue one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200509_141431.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	360961 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200509_141417.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	784.1 KB
ID:	360960

Comment

One of the best hints Forrest gave for the wood on the side of the post was when he showcased his gilded edge books. If you never watched it when it was released many years ago on hoD, here is a link when it was uploaded to Utube.

https://youtu.be/9KMRtKAeUMk

Comment

This little treasure is not Forrest's copy but is still a worthy addition to my collection of books. In case you hadn't connected the dots, each book that Forrest showed from his unique books were for hints. He chose Pony Tracks for the red and white cover, Fredericks name, the title because of the Pony track marking his special spot and he showed one of the drawings that had Yellowstone mentioned. Forrest placed hints in your face all the time and it was amazing at how deep the search community would dig while ignoring the surface. He didn't hide anything including his secret. He spilled the beans about his secret in the chapter IN LOVE WITH YELLOWSTONE. If you were keen, you would have noticed how he had the chapter title shifted to hint to the LOOK going down on the sign. He also threw the word LOOKING in another chapter because LOOK, LEWIS amd cLARK were were on the sign. It's funny to think about Forrest rolling his eyes at just how far searchers would stretch a tangent.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20211203_150703.jpg Views:	146 Size:	2.20 MB ID:	361913 Click image for larger version  Name:	20210417_140649.jpg Views:	176 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	361912

For those that had a special spot inside of Yellowstone you missed the point. Forrest didn't just love a little slice of Yellowstone he loved the whole thing.. That's why he placed it on the edge of the park he claimed as his very own. It wasn't on top of a mountain but it was on top of the park.

For those of you wondering why Forrest didn't want to mention when he found his special spot, it was ONE. His very first trip started his love affair with YNP.

Here is the cover for Forrest's book.

Name:	41ncdDFY61L._SX347_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	374718

Click image for larger version  Name:	Yellowstone-National-Park-iStock-1.jpg Views:	146 Size:	32.9 KB ID:	361914
        Hear me all
        Last edited by Hear me all; 01-14-2022, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Words, words, words - that is all I see on that Yellow stone sign.
          What am I missing?

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

It’s missing a drawing nigh, maybe an arrowhead
            Look out Willy and your little Turtle too. She sounds like twouble. The good kind

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

It’s missing a drawing nigh, maybe an arrowhead
              willynilly- Forrest referred to arrowheads as arrowpoints much of them time. If you look at the sign and dwell on it for a hot minute you will see the ARROWPOINT.

Some of you may remember the spice SB and that story being shared in OUAW. F said about the white arrowroot powder that it should be investigated. On the sign is ARROWROOT, the letters are white all you had to do was notice the LOOK going quickly down and it landed you at the missing shoe/U, rainbow, learning curve, good luck, asterisk/footnote, grin, smile, omega or one of many other hints that Forrest gave you so you could find the U. For those that have OUAW, his photo at the end of the story has the circle for the round benchmark bronze cap and a razor blade patch next to it that is shaped like the tub shaped sign. The cloves were hint for his love of Yellowstone. The wooden table for the wood board on the side of the post. And he said he liked hanging out with his mom in the kitchen. You hang a horseshoe folks! That is why he PONY called the painting of GraciELLA that "thang" and said YOU Sob when he said he changed his mind about selling it. Forrest was so good at hinting but searchers were ALL too busy talking to hear him YELLing. Forrest could have co-written the Camoflauge book with Eric because everything was right there to see if you paid attention. Seems like Forrest wrapped up TTOTC by saying nothing is too small to know as in you should pay attention to the details because they can pay huge dividends in life, business and treasure hunts.

Comment

For anyone who couldn't figure out Forrest or whether the chest was buried or not, there are two good examples of him telling us that it was buried without beating you in the head with a stick. The first was when he told about his amulet aka good luck charm that he found under the floor boards of a long ago cabin within walking distance of the Gallatin. The other time was when he wrote about the talisman aka good luck charm hammer that was placed under the floor baords of the JH Sharp cabin. He even told you that he used a shovel to put it back under the boards.

And if you had paid attention to what Forrest told Scott Conway, he said "don't dig where you are not supposed to dig," meant that to get to his treasure you would have to dig in the right spot.

For the first few years Forrest told numerous people that he buried the treasure. If you still want to believe it it was sitting on top of the ground that's okay but you never would have found it.
                Hear me all
                Last edited by Hear me all; 01-04-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hear me all View Post
                  For anyone who couldn't figure out Forrest or whether the chest was buried or not, there are two good examples of him telling us that it was buried without beating you in the head with a stick. The first was when he told about his amulet aka good luck charm that he found under the floor boards of a long ago cabin within walking distance of the Gallatin. The other time was when he wrote about the talisman aka good luck charm hammer that was placed under the floor baords of the JH Sharp cabin. He even told you that he used a shovel to put it back under the boards.

And if you had paid attention to what Forrest told Scott Conway, he said "don't dig where you are not supposed to dig," meant that to get to his treasure you would have to dig in the right spot.

For the first few years Forrest told numerous people that he buried the treasure. If you still want to believe it it was sitting on top of the ground that's okay but you never would have found it.
                  Hey Hear,
                  So here are pictures of the “trove,” the grove of juniper trees in the shape of an arrow (image 1)….where if you apply a mirror to the arrowpoint…..you get a flutter by (image 2)….the X Marks the spot…..looks like an arrow…smells like an arrow…must be an arrow…and the X Marks the spot….the empty hole that I found there is amongst the roots…of the juniper trees….within 200 feet of a blaze with the word General on it as per Forrest’s clue, “Lets coin a new phrase…general” (Image 3). Cheers!

Comment

Since it's Friday I'll share another couple of hints.

In the SB about Forrest's closet he mentions his Nike's and ends it by showing a picture of his white shoes. He didn't have Nikes. That was a hint for the U because Nikes have a swoosh. And the white shoes for the white U in the wood.

The SB about the Cuddles Twins were hints for the (2) and the U.

Name:	20210415_203311.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	482.0 KB
ID:	374717

Attached Files

Comment

The SB about the John Earlichman Saga contained hints including the book title White House Doodles for the white letters and numbers. The picture of Jill's leg and shoe was a hint for the shoe and the "Fine muscles" for the F and U. Also note that John was wiping his face with a white hankie. Also the picture of the gilded edge was a hint for the edge of the post.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                        Words, words, words - that is all I see on that Yellow stone sign.
                        What am I missing?
                        wwwamericana - people were driving down the street looking for a blaze and the sign is the blaze. When Forrest said people paid more attention to the blaze rather than the first clue, it was because the sign is large and stands out. Little attention was paid to the marker in front of the sign. If they had dwelled a little longer they may have figured it out but probably not.

The distance between the blaze and the treasure chest was one small step U or not far. That's why Forrest showed the picture of Eric with Neil Armstrong.

The reason Forrest challenged searchers with the word several is because a horseshoe in the game of horseshoes is worth several points. A correct solve involved being within several steps.

The reason Forrest said two can keep a secret second if them is dead was for the (2) and the U was like a dead ringer in horseshoes.

Forrest said autobiographies tend to lean toward the subject. Yet another hint for the U. Horseshoes that stand against the stake but don't encircle it are leaners.

When Forrest said he felt a part of himself slip inside the chest he was hinting to soul or rather the sole of a shoe..

When Forrest said he knew that New Mexico was the only place he could heal after the war that was a hint for the the heel of a shoe..

When Forrrest said he was a shoo in to win in the contest to win in his own book. Another hint for the shoe.

When Forrest shared the SB with his book that he signed over and over throughout the years with things like still my book or yep my book or my book for me, those were hints for the BenchMark post. His writings contained a lot of B's and M's and he answered many questions from people with names beginning with B's and M's.

Everything U need is in the poem.

Comment

After Forrest hid the chest a fire damaged the blaze and it had to be partially rebuilt. Here is a picture of it before the logs were replaced. Notice how it looks like a flag without the lower logs. This is why Forrest wrote the SB about the family being caught in the middle and showed the his yellow star flag.

If you could read and had a little imagination you to could have figured out Forrest's blaze.

Other ways Forrest hinted to the blaze besides bathtubs and flags were by answering YES to the questions posed to him about the blaze.. Another time he said it was anything that stood out. Another was when he said it's a physical thing you look at. Yet another way he tried to help was when he described a bunch of blazes that had white. His Dad had a wooden sign that was a big deal that was hammered into the ground and Forrest pointed it out to all the kids. Forrest tried to point it out to all the adults but most didn't understand. Perhaps the best blaze was little Forrest standing next to the wooden sign on the dust jacket of TTOTC. He is staring at the U under the shiny coin. The shiny coin was the radial or benchmark cap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image001.png Views:	0 Size:	631.0 KB ID:	374803

The reason Forrest would say throughout the early years that his treasure hadn't been found but didn't want to say how he knew it was because when the blaze was being repaired they were just several feet from where the chest was hidden and could have accidently discovered it. Once it was repaired he could loosen his belt (2) notches.

When Forrest talked about loosening his belt two notches in one SB and answered another question by talking about walking 7 miles barefoot and his rule 26 he said hebdidn't wear suspenders and belt both. The ( ) were hints for a belt or suspenders. He also hinted to them by talking about angels. He viewed those ( ) as angel wings.

Forrest created a once in a lifetime hunt. He dedicated a big slice of his life and broke his 15 year rule so that he could give someone an opportunity to discover the chest. Of course you wanted to get the hell outta there once you had it so others didn't see U. What Forrest did was atrocious. The ending was atrocious. And some searchers are still acting atrocious.

Views:	111
ID:	374809

Perhaps time should be wasted on the Uth. Forrest did say time spent in thought was not wasted and knowing the small things or things not worthy of knowing made a difference. It filled Jack's pockets with gold.

Attached Files
                          Hear me all
                          Last edited by Hear me all; 01-15-2022, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Another way Forrest would hint to the (2) was by using the word by products in a SB and then in another SB he changed it to bi-products. Whether Forrest intended it or not, a fortunate by product of The Chase for him was the sale of his other books. A kind searcher recently sold me some of F's other books that I had been wanting to read and add to my library. They are Hugh quality like his other books save OUAW which should have been done as a hardback.

Not sure of any of you caught the purposeful mistake in the SB about Jose. Forrest wrote high plains and then pulled a switcheroo and wrote high planes.. the word HIGH was on the stake and the words PLAINS and PLANES were on the sign.

Forrest told us several times that he loved reading, writing and books.. That he treasured words despite him pretending not to know about the books he pretended to throw into the wastebasket. FYI: When he described the books he was hinting to the post with with his usage of numbers. The girl had thick braids ( ) and she went to a good school which was a hint for University. Remember she took him to the exact spot. U wouldn't want be in a general spot now wood ya'? F liked to be exact whenever he could too. He measured Eric's mixing board and gave the wrong size. The correct size with his numbers is on the top of the benchmark. 6+6+9+2+5+5=33

Views:	103
ID:	375049

Comment

I haven't noticed a single searcher question the nuggets. Forrest said there hundreds and hundreds oof gold nuggets in the chest. In all the post find pictures I have seen, I don't see hundreds. Even if you count the flecks of gold dust it doesn't seem to add up. Even Dan' B.'s photos don't show hundreds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hear me all View Post
                                I haven't noticed a single searcher question the nuggets. Forrest said there hundreds and hundreds oof gold nuggets in the chest. In all the post find pictures I have seen, I don't see hundreds. Even if you count the flecks of gold dust it doesn't seem to add up. Even Dan' B.'s photos don't show hundreds.
                                We're all to chicken to talk about em.....

Comment

Working...
                                X