Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permission needed!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Permission needed!

    The word "whore" doesn't always mean prostitute, as in selling oneself for sex. It can mean a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money, but often other reward.
    A good example would be = a greedy publicity whore.

    I think those who wrongly try to promote (for Netflix etc) NMH as the location, the one FFTC was hidden and found, could be referred to as Nine Mile Whores, using the context outlined above.

    I would like permission, after coining this innocent phrase, to use it without fear of being banished from the village.

    Thanks for your understanding.
    Last edited by Mr Eyes; 11-16-2021, 09:01 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
    The word "whore" doesn't always mean prostitute, as in selling oneself for sex. It can mean a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money, but often other reward.
    A good example would be = a greedy publicity whore.

    I think those who wrongly try to promote (for Netflix etc) NMH as the location, the one FFTC was hidden and found, could be referred to as Nine Mile Whores, using the context outlined above.

    I would like permission, after coining this innocent phrase, to use it without fear of being banished from the village.

    Thanks for your understanding.
    You have my permission, I am not offended. I choose not to be a snowflake. Our freedom of speech was bought with blood. Feel free to exercise it. Of course, I don’t wield the power around here, so . . . don’t get banned, lol.
    Last edited by elperro; 11-16-2021, 09:59 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by CurseWordsAndTreasure
      Do those whores that you are coining come in ten dollar denominations?


      NEIN! Sie tun es nicht

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post



        NEIN! Sie tun es nicht
        You speak German Mr. 'Sp-Eyes' ? Else, why post in German.
        (Always thought 'Neitzel', or however he spells it, sounds like it's got Germanic origin !).

        For those that are interested, I googled it..........".No ! They don't"
        Last edited by UNtitleD Brave; 11-16-2021, 01:43 PM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not offended. Fact I agree but had not put it to words yet. Thank you

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
            The word "whore" doesn't always mean prostitute, as in selling oneself for sex. It can mean a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money, but often other reward.
            A good example would be = a greedy publicity whore.

            I think those who wrongly try to promote (for Netflix etc) NMH as the location, the one FFTC was hidden and found, could be referred to as Nine Mile Whores, using the context outlined above.

            I would like permission, after coining this innocent phrase, to use it without fear of being banished from the village.

            Thanks for your understanding.
            https://youtu.be/IvRrYgGrnyI

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Colorado Cowgirl View Post
              That reminds me of a tale.

              I was on a sailing trip once with a mate, and we played poker every night for two weeks straight. He never won a game. At the end of the trip he asks in a sulk, "How do you win every single game? I only play now to pass the time, because I know I cant beat you".
              "That's simple", I said. "I cheat". Following with a burst of laughter.
              I explained that while he'd been practicing playing poker, I'd been practicing palming cards.

              He always grins when he tells me I will never be forgiven. At least he's having fun with it now.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Colorado Cowgirl View Post
                Almost everything Forrest tried to teach others could be learned by watching that series.

                It is so well done and touches on so many humane frailties and strengths.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
                  The word "whore" doesn't always mean prostitute, as in selling oneself for sex. It can mean a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money, but often other reward.
                  A good example would be = a greedy publicity whore.

                  I think those who wrongly try to promote (for Netflix etc) NMH as the location, the one FFTC was hidden and found, could be referred to as Nine Mile Whores, using the context outlined above.

                  I would like permission, after coining this innocent phrase, to use it without fear of being banished from the village.

                  Thanks for your understanding.
                  If you have to ask, take some time to think about it.
                  “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think you already skillfully, yet surreptitiously made your intended point. Well played.
                    Last edited by elperro; 11-17-2021, 12:29 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

                      That reminds me of a tale.

                      I was on a sailing trip once with a mate, and we played poker every night for two weeks straight. He never won a game. At the end of the trip he asks in a sulk, "How do you win every single game? I only play now to pass the time, because I know I cant beat you".
                      "That's simple", I said. "I cheat". Following with a burst of laughter.
                      I explained that while he'd been practicing playing poker, I'd been practicing palming cards.

                      He always grins when he tells me I will never be forgiven. At least he's having fun with it now.
                      That's akin to crafty Fenn.

                      Had us playing with a fixed deck, while he played his own game.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

                        That's akin to crafty Fenn.

                        Had us playing with a fixed deck, while he played his own game.
                        Fenn's bluff was seen.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

                          Fenn's bluff was seen.
                          Seen or shown? Gotta be careful when engaged with such a mind. Prolly a double bluff, him being twice as smart as us mortals.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think Mr Eyes was banned for this thread. It snows heavy on the wake...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

                              That's akin to crafty Fenn.

                              Had us playing with a fixed deck, while he played his own game.
                              Fixed deck! You nailed it, Sailor...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X