Permission needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission needed!

The word "whore" doesn't always mean prostitute, as in selling oneself for sex. It can mean a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money, but often other reward.
    A good example would be = a greedy publicity whore.

I think those who wrongly try to promote (for Netflix etc) NMH as the location, the one FFTC was hidden and found, could be referred to as Nine Mile Whores, using the context outlined above.

I would like permission, after coining this innocent phrase, to use it without fear of being banished from the village.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Last edited by Mr Eyes; 11-16-2021, 09:01 AM.

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
    The word "whore" doesn't always mean prostitute, as in selling oneself for sex. It can mean a person who sacrifices personal principles or uses someone or something in a base or unworthy manner, usually for money, but often other reward.

I think those who wrongly try to promote (for Netflix etc) NMH as the location, the one FFTC was hidden and found, could be referred to as Nine Mile Whores, using the context outlined above.

I would like permission, after coining this innocent phrase, to use it without fear of being banished from the village.

You have my permission, I am not offended. I choose not to be a snowflake. Our freedom of speech was bought with blood. Feel free to exercise it. Of course, I don’t wield the power around here, so . . . don’t get banned, lol.
    Last edited by elperro; 11-16-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CurseWordsAndTreasure
      Do those whores that you are coining come in ten dollar denominations?

NEIN! Sie tun es nicht

Comment

NEIN! Sie tun es nicht
        You speak German Mr. 'Sp-Eyes' ? Else, why post in German.
        (Always thought 'Neitzel', or however he spells it, sounds like it's got Germanic origin !).

For those that are interested, I googled it..........".No ! They don't"
        Last edited by UNtitleD Brave; 11-16-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Not offended. Fact I agree but had not put it to words yet. Thank you

Comment

https://youtu.be/IvRrYgGrnyI

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado Cowgirl View Post
              That reminds me of a tale.

I was on a sailing trip once with a mate, and we played poker every night for two weeks straight. He never won a game. At the end of the trip he asks in a sulk, "How do you win every single game? I only play now to pass the time, because I know I cant beat you".
              "That's simple", I said. "I cheat". Following with a burst of laughter.
              I explained that while he'd been practicing playing poker, I'd been practicing palming cards.

He always grins when he tells me I will never be forgiven. At least he's having fun with it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado Cowgirl View Post
                Almost everything Forrest tried to teach others could be learned by watching that series.

It is so well done and touches on so many humane frailties and strengths.

Comment

If you have to ask, take some time to think about it.
                  “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

I think you already skillfully, yet surreptitiously made your intended point. Well played.
                    Last edited by elperro; 11-17-2021, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

That reminds me of a tale.

I was on a sailing trip once with a mate, and we played poker every night for two weeks straight. He never won a game. At the end of the trip he asks in a sulk, "How do you win every single game? I only play now to pass the time, because I know I cant beat you".
                      "That's simple", I said. "I cheat". Following with a burst of laughter.
                      I explained that while he'd been practicing playing poker, I'd been practicing palming cards.

He always grins when he tells me I will never be forgiven. At least he's having fun with it now.
                      That's akin to crafty Fenn.

Had us playing with a fixed deck, while he played his own game.

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

Fenn's bluff was seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Fenn's bluff was seen.
                          Seen or shown? Gotta be careful when engaged with such a mind. Prolly a double bluff, him being twice as smart as us mortals.

Comment

I think Mr Eyes was banned for this thread. It snows heavy on the wake...

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

Fixed deck! You nailed it, Sailor...

Comment

Working...
                              X