No announcement yet.

The cowboy who slugged young Forrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only cowboy I’ve seen out in the wild was at the beginning of a landing. This particular cowboy was toting a huge horseshoe on his back, for luck I guess. I didn’t dare yell “Hi Ya cowboy” for fear of repercussions.

Comment

I see just the opposite. If you mess with the cowboy (state). You will get nothing but pain.

Comment

I also see it as You get punched if you go to Wyoming , BUT also , if you search the Dude Motel ...

Comment

I bet it woke him up ,it sounds like that cowboy hit him hard enough for Forrest to see the light

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
            I bet it woke him up ,it sounds like that cowboy hit him hard enough for Forrest to see the light
            Did Forrest greet the light?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Did Forrest greet the light?
              I believe so

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                Or a canopy of stars spinning 'round his head. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by JDER View Post

This might be a classic case of chase overthink. It's quite simple. The Cowboy State. It's on the nose. He's telling us Wyoming. That's all. The expression "on the nose" means "over-literal, unimaginative, exact, precise."
                  Except, from this story posted here, the cowboy was not hit on the nose, Forrest Fenn was, in the forest fen, located close to borders. Across the border from where horses are boarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Or a canopy of stars spinning 'round his head. ;-)
                    Almost a crown of stars

Comment

I heard came from the southeast. But that’s just hearsay from far away, so they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                        In Forrest's story, he was a young boy, sitting at home (perhaps on his front porch or similar place) when a man riding a horse came by. Forrest greeted him with a called-out "Hiya, Cowboy" (or something similar/equivalent), upon which the man stopped his horse, dismounted, and without speaking to Forrest, walked over to Forrest, and slugged him in the face.

I call B.S.
                        I don't believe that happened as told by Forrest. He said that he learned, from the experience, to not make the alligator mad until you've crossed the river.
                        To me, that concept doesn't relate to the encounter with the cowboy.
                        If there's a poem-related clue or hint intended in that story, I don't know what we're supposed to learn/gain from it.
                        I suppose I could do some extrapolating/stretching, and imagine that since Forrest had an alligator named Elvis, and Elvis Presley was in a movie called "Flaming
                        Star" (portraying a half-breed), and singer Cher had a hit song called "Half-Breed", maybe the hint is to Cher (share). Like Jesus would have encouraged, perhaps.
                        Or maybe Fenn was trying to say something clever when he said "crossed the river" (speaking of Jesus, don'tcha know). If you "cross" a river, does that mean that
                        you put the river onto a cross? Or is the meaning more like adding a "cross" to the river, the way that "painting" something means to add paint to it?
                        I'd like to see any ideas y'all may have about this.
                        Question:
                        Did Fenn say specifically where he was hit? On the nose, in the chin, in the eye?

Fenn used art w/ his stories. And maps.

At any rate, I will repeat that most of the stories in TTOTC are simply creative writing stories to tie visible images in the forest fen to mental images created by readers.
                        Images in forest fen visible by satellite:
                        A young Fenn wearing his fur hat as a neg/pos image.
                        A large horse head of Lightning.
                        A stick figure of Fenn laying backwards & holding 2 bells on a horse close to a small skull island.
                        Numbers on the stick figure of Fenn's chest hint to a heart in a Norse tree S of blaze.
                        The Marvel Eye looks like a cowboy got punched in the eye. That W GPS is the exact (to 6 decimal pts) coordinate of the solve, but ~18' too far N. Like Fenn's feet hanging 18" off the ground.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Fenn wearing fur hat face geoglyph.png Views:	0 Size:	457.0 KB ID:	357013 Click image for larger version  Name:	F F  close up   spindly milk cow w tail tied in knot    horse head Lightning   odd figure hitching ride in Socks   partial of Indian plucking feathers (2).png Views:	0 Size:	856.6 KB ID:	357014
                        Fenn used opposites. Here are a few examples:
                        Inches/Feet
                        Oz / lb
                        Roman / Arabic numerals in clock framing the tired mark at 5:55/17:55
                        positive / negative -- like images, like GPS coordinates & note that to reverse code cipher
                        Spanish / English -- to translate poem line to find N GPS coordinate: My treasures bold
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	F F  close up  all 3 spots   Solve    Blaze   Tired mark (2).png Views:	0 Size:	843.7 KB ID:	357011
                        Attached satellite image shows all these:
                        Blaze -- dead center is vector of home address in Temple TX & the year Fenn won turquoise cuff
                        Tired mark area framed by || & inverted V as clock face 5:55/17:55 time -- located at broken pi -- 14 & 159 (the nearby airport runway is bisected lengthwise by W GPS xxx.314159 Pi
                        Marvel Eye (Cowboy eye on L is 6-sided star, eye on R is Arcturus -- the shape of a kite) Do Not Tarry There as the N GPS is not correct.
                        Poem solve marked Fenn's Ojo seen BOTG by a large X over a burial mound from a collection of large white smooth stones w/ more timbers laid out as a lightning bolt as if hit by Thor's hammer.

Click image for larger version  Name:	F F huge painting image man standing w  dog dying on wooden bridge and smoking gun   plus visible fen as long brown streak (2).png Views:	0 Size:	699.9 KB ID:	357012
                        Atop the hill in the SW part of town is where the word " i t " is visible in huge letters, the i is dotted by a pineapple. Following Toledo down is the Iowa Trailhead. Some trails that curve around high above the forest fen are Cold Feet, & Golddiggers. In a topographical map these look like very ugly old biddies as a line drawing.
                        NNE of blaze & E of airport is image of the face of Santa in a white scar. Along the spindle-like trail N of blaze reads: Ve Ti Amo FE. Santa Fe translates to holy faith.
                        Toward the river in Browns Canyon is where people board horses. On down in the canyon is where waters collect in the image of a peace sign..

Straddling the border in NW corner of a national forest w/ a Spanish name the corner triangle is also created by the high voltage power line besides the creek that cannot be paddled in the fen.
                        In a county w/ a name describes "waters high"
                        S of the highest elevation US town w/ a name describes "heavy load" w/ famed history of & current mining
                        Next to Turquoise Lake
                        N of Twin Lakes
                        N of an area of the river know as "The Numbers"

Comment

Another example of a hint not being in the main subject of the story. I think he was telling us that before we go right to the hidey spot (near the alligator aberration), you must first cross the stream and find the blaze (key to sighting the niche). It’s about the triangle…
                          ”all in my opinion”

Comment

Originally posted by Strawshadow View Post

I heard came from the southeast. But that’s just hearsay from far away, so they say.
                            Well I heard, it wasn't a cowboy at all it was a little brown spider named Moe.

Comment

I'm thinking it was a "girl cowboy" (paradox, right?), and Forrest never wanted to admit it.

GIRL POWER! Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by TimW View Post
                                I see just the opposite. If you mess with the cowboy (state). You will get nothing but pain.
                                Are y'all talkin' 'bout Texas?

Comment

Working...
                                X