I'm back with facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CurseWordsAndTreasure

I can’t watch anymore cooking videos in the am. It forces me out of bed.
    You got me all excited to fire up the grill... and we'll, the grill is gone. At least there's air in here... so I got that going for me. Air bath time.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
      Yes, the owner is even human.

There is no leader, he died.
      I know you are, and I do appreciate your time. BUT, you are the leader here, and as you know unfortunately leaders are held to a higher standard. You as a leader can't put all this stuff out there that is just causing a commotion and making the chase uglier than ever. It's not your fault, it's just they are using you and your clout to get the needed attention. When you post something it holds a lot more weight than if anyone else does. You have the ability to do the chase some good. Thank you for understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by AaBbCcDdEeFf View Post
        93cruiser please elaborate on number 3. How many times has Gack messaged you over the last year?
        I just looked. 58 times, so divide by 2 for his responses. It's 29 for those who oppose calculations.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

Nobody cares how many times Gack has messaged him. We want to know what Gack messaged him. In your case though just ask him for his email address.
          Listen, I'm not going to release emails, and Jack never told me anything specific, but gave enough info in his answers. by corresponding with him, and his publically known actions and how he proceeded after the chest was found, anyone can see no way 9 mile hole. Would you be able to be searching 9 mile hole area without being seen and noticed? Would a chest be left after finding it if were in a popular area? I'd say logic dictates no.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

Really nice post. I think I'll print it out and post it on my refrigerator. Thanks!
            My God , being a troll is so 4 years ago . Grow up already. By my calculations you have to be at LEAST 13 years old by now and you're still using a 1990's playbook to troll people ??? I tell you what Mr. Old Pilot , I think him and Josh Jordan are 1st cousins.

Comment

Thanks Jeff. I've been trying to let the Chase go. So missed somethings. And of course every thread here gets derailed. Sadly, I haven't seen much for actual facts since Forrest has passed. And all other reliable sources have been shut down. You would think after over a year. All the people with " the real solve" would've either went to there location or amused us with it. I can see why people are sick of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 93cruiser View Post
                I will list facts as I know.

1. This chase has gotten so crazy people get banned for no reason.

2. This board has gotten so crazy the owner has issued apologies for actions.

3. If you believe 9 mile hole solve, you should really communicate with Jack more, and learn to ask the right questions to him. This would tell you that's not the place.

4. The chest was, and still maybe, for sale to anyone with the cash by contacting Jack's lawyers.

5. This place is full of sheep that just follow the leader.

Have a good night. And no, I dont know the solve but I know what's listed above.
                You probably should have left out 1, 2 and 5, but I agree with the rest.

It's essentially established that Jack was Condor2 on Reddit. The chances of their being two Chasers who were English majors, medical students and moved to Puerto Rico are vanishingly small. Regarding 3, Condor2 said he did search the Madison, and then at least abandoned that section of it.

Jack's initial public statements implied he found one area quickly and stuck with it, but he later modified it to say he did recon other areas, but his original area was correct. So was the Madison just one of these other areas?

I try to see both sides: the Jack is legit side and the Jack is hired to end the Chase as Forrest told Dal he vowed to do in December 2019 side. The Nine Mile Hole solve is obviously incorrect, and it's pretty laughable to think Brown is trout, heavy loads are rocks in the river, crossing the river is analogous to worth the cold, etc. I know there are other variations, but that only makes it imprecise. It's incredibly unsatisfying as a set of precise clues, and could be applied most anywhere in the Rockies. I'd burn my book in disgust if I believed Forrest spent 15 years coming up with that.

Also, it's virtually established that Jack is a liar, imo. The most glaring example is Jack saying Forrest didn't want the solution known when Forrest is repeatedly on record as saying it's up to the Finder. That Condor2 ever went botg at the Madison (I believe that's established) makes it highly suspect Jack is legit if he was chasing an NMH-like solve. Even if he just flirted with it early on, in context with his other statements, it seems suspect. That's perhaps biased by my disdain for the NMH solve as well as my belief the real solve is clever and sophisticated. If he knew where Forrest wanted to die so decisively at the beginning, he wouldn't flirt with other areas.

Given your relative closeness to Jack, what's your take on all that?
                Last edited by CRM114; 11-03-2021, 02:00 PM.
                You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
                  The Nine Mile Hole solve is obviously incorrect, and it's pretty laughable to think Brown is trout, heavy loads are rocks in the river, crossing the river is analogous to worth the cold, etc. I know there are other variations, but that only makes it imprecise. It's incredibly unsatisfying as a set of precise clues, and could be applied most anywhere in the Rockies. I'd burn my book in disgust if I believed Forrest spent 15 years coming up with that.
                  That's pretty much the best post I've ever seen. You've summed it up perfectly.

Comment

I know you are, and I do appreciate your time. BUT, you are the leader here, and as you know unfortunately leaders are held to a higher standard. You as a leader can't put all this stuff out there that is just causing a commotion and making the chase uglier than ever. It's not your fault, it's just they are using you and your clout to get the needed attention. When you post something it holds a lot more weight than if anyone else does. You have the ability to do the chase some good. Thank you for understanding.
                    True, but I didn’t ask for the role nor do I want it anymore. Too many snakes in the grass.
                    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

True, but I didn’t ask for the role nor do I want it anymore. Too many snakes in the grass.
                      Just because snakes are in the grass, does not mean to stop walking in the grass. Just stay away from the snakes. Rather than shut the place down why not take a different approach..

I suggest taking a step back and regroup with people you only truly trust. It's simple but good advice, will alleviate your stress, and make for better information presented by a well respected person within the chase.

I'd ask if you know facts, real proven facts, list them out for us. That would help the chase and we'd believe you.

Comment

Originally posted by JEffjeFF View Post

I'll try to find it, unless hopefully, someone beats me to it; Doug Preston did a fairly long interview in an article where he was quoted as asking F, "did the finder really solve all nine clues as intended" and F replied yes. I know, very very very far from clearing much of anything up. I agree strongly with much of what you wrote.
                        I should have said long article instead of interview, but here's it.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020...-treasure.html

“I think he was genuinely disappointed and a little crestfallen that the treasure was found,” Preston says. “He enjoyed the thought of going off into the unknown himself with the treasure unfound.” He says he even asked Fenn outright, “Did the finder actually solve the poem and follow the clues to the treasure?” According to Preston, he said “yes.”

Comment

Just because snakes are in the grass, does not mean to stop walking in the grass. Just stay away from the snakes. Rather than shut the place down why not take a different approach..

I suggest taking a step back and regroup with people you only truly trust. It's simple but good advice, will alleviate your stress, and make for better information presented by a well respected person within the chase.

I'd ask if you know facts, real proven facts, list them out for us. That would help the chase and we'd believe you.

The really sad part is , even though some snakes play possum and attempt to get you to "look over there" , those are the same snakes that are a part of a family full of criminals and the same ones picking your pocket for superchats and such . Lets face it , we STILL have not gotten any one snake to out the other snakes . You think that would have happened by now . That is the proof in the proverbial pudding .

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

You probably should have left out 1, 2 and 5, but I agree with the rest.

It's essentially established that Jack was Condor2 on Reddit. The chances of their being two Chasers who were English majors, medical students and moved to Puerto Rico are vanishingly small. Regarding 3, Condor2 said he did search the Madison, and then at least abandoned that section of it.

Jack's initial public statements implied he found one area quickly and stuck with it, but he later modified it to say he did recon other areas, but his original area was correct. So was the Madison just one of these other areas?

I try to see both sides: the Jack is legit side and the Jack is hired to end the Chase as Forrest told Dal he vowed to do in December 2019 side. The Nine Mile Hole solve is obviously incorrect, and it's pretty laughable to think Brown is trout, heavy loads are rocks in the river, crossing the river is analogous to worth the cold, etc. I know there are other variations, but that only makes it imprecise. It's incredibly unsatisfying as a set of precise clues, and could be applied most anywhere in the Rockies. I'd burn my book in disgust if I believed Forrest spent 15 years coming up with that.

Also, it's virtually established that Jack is a liar, imo. The most glaring example is Jack saying Forrest didn't want the solution known when Forrest is repeatedly on record as saying it's up to the Finder. That Condor2 ever went botg at the Madison (I believe that's established) makes it highly suspect Jack is legit if he was chasing an NMH-like solve. Even if he just flirted with it early on, in context with his other statements, it seems suspect. That's perhaps biased by my disdain for the NMH solve as well as my belief the real solve is clever and sophisticated. If he knew where Forrest wanted to die so decisively at the beginning, he wouldn't flirt with other areas.

Given your relative closeness to Jack, what's your take on all that?
                            Being unbiased about the FF statement it’s up to the finder, leads me to this.

Why doesn't F state one way or the other about the solution, although I believe his comments were more directed to the location. So the up to finder statement would say this. Only the finder/solver would now have the correct knowledge to realize whether or not the information could or should be public knowledge. Giving way to the reason for his comments on that subject. Meanwhile we have the I am right opinionated can’t reason with, exploding out of the woodworks with almost every accusation imaginable come to life.
                            So maybe Jacks statement about F thoughts are not that off base. And were he wanted to die is not physically relevant to his body but more spiritually. Just a way of looking at it.

Comment

Working...
                            X