Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only 2 Rivers chest could be near

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Zapster View Post

    So your argument is that Forrest didn't think Dal had a snowball's chance in hell of ever finding the treasure, so there was no risk in giving him extremely focused geographic information. In essence, you're saying you wouldn't have called "FOUL!" if Dal had been privately told that the treasure was hidden in Yellowstone National Park (a hint far weaker than the one he actually gave him)? I call horse apples on that.
    Total horse shit. Forrest even ruled out large portions of land for Dal, something he didn't do for anyone else (that has admitted it). Dal admitted it and shared the correspondence on his second defunct website. Forrest ruled out everything below the dam within a two mile circumference. If he'd done that for me, and probably hundreds of others, there's no place we'd have been looking but inside the park. So Forrest is full of shit about not helping people. Telling people they are within a certain distance or had been already gives a huge advantage that no one else ever had. The fact that Dal was unable to piece it together and find the treasure is his own failure, but Forrest certainly wasn't managing a level playing field. Not saying he had to, but he certainly didn't.

    Comment


    • #92
      IMHO I believe that Forrest used some searchers that were close to him to disseminate information to the general chase community to extend the length of the chase. Also, to spread disinformation about the chase in the media (chase blogs). What would be the repercussions and outcry by the chase community and what would he be labeled by the general public, if the TC was found by one of them. The outcry would be tremendous that he provided inside information to one of his closest friends . FF did want the chase to last for many, many years.

      IMHO I believe he told the truth most of the time (85%) by using doublespeak. Perhaps something he learned in the CIA.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Wally View Post
        . . . FF did want the chase to last for many, many years.
        . . .
        . . . until he changed his mind and had the chest pulled by someone without a legitimate solve of the poem?
        Not a good thing to do, in my opinion. It's an effective way to tarnish one's own reputation/legacy. He could have
        at least explained what he was doing and why he was doing it. I believe that in choosing a "finder", Forrest's choice was a poor one.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
          . . . until he changed his mind and had the chest pulled by someone without a legitimate solve of the poem?
          Not a good thing to do, in my opinion. It's an effective way to tarnish one's own reputation/legacy. He could have
          at least explained what he was doing and why he was doing it. I believe that in choosing a "finder", Forrest's choice was a poor one.
          That theory is so 2020
          It's 2021 the year of the 9 mile hole

          Read Jack's posts on the reddit database file. He was just as much a searcher as everyone of us. He was on AGK 2 or 3 times. He used the same email. He made videos about the search on youtube.

          Jack wasn't chosen by FF.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
            That theory is so 2020
            It's 2021 the year of the 9 mile hole

            Read Jack's posts on the reddit database file. He was just as much a searcher as everyone of us. He was on AGK 2 or 3 times. He used the same email. He made videos about the search on youtube.

            Jack wasn't chosen by FF.
            I've read Jack's posts. He's evasive, and hasn't shown, to my satisfaction, any clear evidence that he correctly solved any part of the poem. Not even one clue. I'm not convinced that he even knows what "halt" means.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

              I've read Jack's posts. He's evasive, and hasn't shown, to my satisfaction, any clear evidence that he correctly solved any part of the poem. Not even one clue. I'm not convinced that he even knows what "halt" means.
              He does. The question is if he was told or not.
              Last edited by DanNun; 11-26-2021, 12:42 AM.

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
                I would read that email over and over, then think who was the treasure Forrest spoke of in this email.

                Forrest tells Dal, DO NOT LOOK FOR ANY CLUES IN THIS EMAIL.
                My apologies if this has already been stated but, I too, have read that email over and over and I have come to the conclusion that Forrest was in fact pointing (I know, blasphemous) Dal. But I think Forrest was confident Dal wouldn’t make the correct connection and at the same time was tired and didn’t mind if Dal did figure out the clue.

                the clue in Forrest’s email: the treasure (Forrest used his mother to represent the treasure) is 300 feet across a (foot) bridge on the Madison river. There it is, so simple it went right over Dal’s head. Sorry Dal, I love you man…probably would have went right over my head too.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

                  what about yards?

                  As I was turning to walk out of his house he said, “By the way, you’ve been within 100 yards of the chest.”

                  FF used both feet and yards to tell Dal how close he was within. I think the distance can't be redefined.
                  Sometimes the truth is closer to you than you think.

                  The chest (lure) that he shows in TTOTC was just buried in his garden all this time.

                  He told others who visited his home that they had come within 12 feet.

                  He did not lie about this, quite the contrary.
                  Last edited by Balder; 11-26-2021, 11:28 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by RFISH

                    “You could have driven by it”could be interpreted as meaning the chest was in his yard,
                    close enough to the road that Dal or anyone could drive past it. Same as if he could have
                    worn a different hat, or could have left sooner, but didn’t at that particular point in time.
                    Then later confirmed Dal did drive past it without giving a specific time. He could have
                    drive by as he left. This would require a scenario where Fenn kept everything he said
                    was in the chest, in his possession, (big-ass can of pepper), and hid another, different chest
                    somewhere else, with 22 lbs. of gold, for me to find, in Montana.
                    FF plays with time and place. It's not just a question of where his poem leads to, but above all, when did he create the hiding place.

                    Consider the ‘What if’s’:

                    When, where, who, what and why?
                    Last edited by Balder; 11-26-2021, 12:15 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Balder View Post

                      FF plays with time and place. It's not just a question of where his poem leads to, but above all, when did he create the hiding place.

                      Consider the ‘What if’s’:

                      When, where, who, what and why?
                      You forgot the word "HOW?". There's only one tree in the vicinity of Wyoming that looks like it could fit that bill. Maybe nobody wanted to list-ten good concerning HOW cold it could get.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Suzy View Post

                        You forgot the word "HOW?". There's only one tree in the vicinity of Wyoming that looks like it could fit that bill. Maybe nobody wanted to list-ten good concerning HOW cold it could get.
                        Thanks for reminding me:

                        By ‘what means’ or how mean?

                        I will consider the other recommendations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Balder View Post

                          Thanks for reminding me:

                          By ‘what means’ or how mean?

                          I will consider the other recommendations.
                          Thanks in return. It's about as close as I could get to a rodeo torn solve . . . that is, short of the obvious.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X