Only 2 Rivers chest could be near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanNun View Post

Not at all. I never said he lied to him. I was alluding to the fact he was using him. Big difference.
    Then if you don't think he lied to him:
    1) Take a map of YNP
    2) Follow the road that goes in from the west gate along the Madison river, to Madison Junction and then up to Oj Caliente
    3) draw a zone of 300 ft along the roads
    3) the highlighted areas are where the chest was hidden

For example:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	FennRock.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	359005

Comment

It’s not in the park.Clint

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

1) Take a map of YNP
        2) Follow the road that goes in from the west gate along the Madison river, to Madison Junction and then up to Oj Caliente

For example:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	FennRock.jpg Views:	17 Size:	1.06 MB ID:	359005
        Sorry I don’t work like that. I begin it where warm waters halt. And I don’t need google earth…I’ve been to that area a few of times.
        Last edited by DanNun; 11-22-2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Cary_Galloway : You are simply choosing when to believe Forrest was lying and when he was telling the truth, with no basis for making the determination:

Scrapbook 78:

Fifth, I have never consciously misled any searcher or privately given a hint or clue I thought would help someone find the treasure.”

I think you will concede that Dal was a searcher, and that Forrest's unsolicited 100-yard remark was given privately to Dal (since clearly we didn't learn of it until quite recently). So... if Forrest was being truthful about the 100-yard-distance, that is a gigantic hint since it reduces Dal's search area by over 99.99%. How can that be construed as anything but extraordinarily helpful to Dal?

Alternatively, if you believe Forrest was just yanking Dal's chain, then how is that not in conflict with the first part of SB 78's point #5: Forrest claiming he had never consciously misled any searcher? You see what I'm getting at: this one sentence from SB 78 paints Forrest into a corner. With his private statement to Dal, Forrest either severely hindered him if he was lying, or tremendously helped him if he was being truthful.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
            Cary_Galloway : You are simply choosing when to believe Forrest was lying and when he was telling the truth, with no basis for making the determination:

Scrapbook 78:

Fifth, I have never consciously misled any searcher or privately given a hint or clue I thought would help someone find the treasure.”

I think you will concede that Dal was a searcher, and that Forrest's unsolicited 100-yard remark was given privately to Dal (since clearly we didn't learn of it until quite recently). So... if Forrest was being truthful about the 100-yard-distance, that is a gigantic hint since it reduces Dal's search area by over 99.99%. How can that be construed as anything but extraordinarily helpful to Dal?

Alternatively, if you believe Forrest was just yanking Dal's chain, then how is that not in conflict with the first part of SB 78's point #5: Forrest claiming he had never consciously misled any searcher? You see what I'm getting at: this one sentence from SB 78 paints Forrest into a corner. With his private statement to Dal, Forrest either severely hindered him if he was lying, or tremendously helped him if he was being truthful.
            It wouldn't have helped Dal because the route he gave was simply too large. I think Dal spent most of his time searching MT.
            But after it was found FF said it was in WY. This would have cut down the route to only Madison River and Firehole River.

Comment

It wouldn't have helped Dal because the route he gave was simply too large. I think Dal spent most of his time searching MT.
              But after it was found FF said it was in WY. This would have cut down the route to only Madison River and Firehole River.
              How so? Your main post even states he made the drive from NM to WY. Are you ruling everything out besides Yellowstone? There are the Tetons, Green River, Jackson hole…that’s all in WY.

Comment

You are thinking linearly, not by area. The "area" that is within 100 yards of all the routes Dal took is miniscule compared to the four-state search area. Thousands of viable destinations would have been completely ruled out for Dal because he knew he'd never been within miles of them, let alone 100 yards.

Furthermore, if the statement was truthful, it would have told Dal that but for a handful of exceptions, the treasure had to be not only within (roughly) 100 yards of a road -- it had to be within 100 yards of a road he had been on. That would be an extraordinary clue -- far better than eliminating one of the 4 search states, or even revealing the county and state in which the treasure was hidden.
                Last edited by Zapster; 11-22-2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

You are thinking linearly, not by area. The "area" that is within 100 yards of all the routes Dal took is miniscule compared to the four-state search area. Thousands of viable destinations would have been completely ruled out for Dal because he knew he'd never been within miles of them, let alone 100 yards.

Furthermore, if the statement was truthful, it would have told Dal that but for a handful of exceptions, the treasure had to be not only within (roughly) 100 yards of a road -- it had to be within 100 yards of a road he had been on. That would be an extraordinary clue -- far better than eliminating one of the 4 search states, or even revealing the county and state in which the treasure was hidden.
                  Fifth, I have never consciously misled any searcher or privately given a hint or clue I thought would help someone find the treasure.” -ff

I thought would help

So now you are claiming to know what FF thinks? Wow what an extraordinary claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuppajoe View Post

This is a nice post that points out the difficulty of the post chase terrain. There is no way to interpret all of Forrest’s words without finding some uncomfortable contradictions and we all have to question our underlying assumptions as new information emerges.
                    In this instance, I choose to believe that Forrest is exceedingly more likely to tease Dal with meaningless information than to drastically narrow the search area. I think that is especially true given that Forrest had no way of knowing whether Dal would release that information.
                    Is there some cruelty in that? Perhaps. I’m reminded of my big brother holding me down and doing a spit dangle over my face. I knew he’d suck it back up, but that didn’t make it any less maddening.
                    Forrest did clearly say not to look for clues in the email, so should Dal have known this was a spit dangle? Maybe, maybe not.
                    Did Forrest just assume Dal would figure this to be a harmless tease? Maybe. Or maybe he knew my brother.

For the record Zap, I didn’t suggest there was a different chest, just that Dal might have been in proximity to Indulgence before it was stuffed. That doesn’t change the cruelty factor of course. Happy Halloween.
                    That suggests to me that Dal would have been "in proximity" before this hunt started. I'm guessing that Forrest hasn't much evidence that Dal was within a few hundred feet of Forrest's Santa Fe address at that time. La la la la la . . . (this means that I don't consider this discussion extremely important.)

Comment

The river nearest to the hidey spot (per the poem) is not one of the three rivers closest to 9MH, in my opinion.

Comment

Fifth, I have never consciously misled any searcher or privately given a hint or clue I thought would help someone find the treasure.” -ff

I thought would help

So now you are claiming to know what FF thinks? Wow what an extraordinary claim.
                        So your argument is that Forrest didn't think Dal had a snowball's chance in hell of ever finding the treasure, so there was no risk in giving him extremely focused geographic information. In essence, you're saying you wouldn't have called "FOUL!" if Dal had been privately told that the treasure was hidden in Yellowstone National Park (a hint far weaker than the one he actually gave him)? I call horse apples on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                          The river nearest to the hidey spot (per the poem) is not one of the three rivers closest to 9MH, in my opinion.
                          Concur. And like you, I don't think the treasure was hidden inside YNP.

Comment

Concur. And like you, I don't think the treasure was hidden inside YNP.
                            Hey Zap,
                            Sorry to crash your guyzes concurrence, but.....
                            The book cover with the shadow on the water is a hint and a lesson in the telling and the solving of riddles. The water and shadow are that riddle. A dry Wash (arroyo) is the shadow of a flowing river. The meaning is wet, and dry. Flexibility is the key...Funny thing too..WWWH's at Bisti (the correct solve), is within the boundary of a Dry Wash (when not running), and that fits the answer to the riddle-river-water-shadow.......that has folks looking for rivers....there's rivers, and then there's rivers (and lakes too), but where is the river without water, where is the shadow of the river, a memory of the water of the river.....wet/dry......a Wash (dry arroyo), but by not understanding......the riddle, the metaphor, and the meaning........lost in the Labyrinth......as the Minotaur is approaching you.....look out......got shiny diaomonds....like the eyes of the cat in the black and blue....something is coming for you!!! Look out........cheers
                            The above technique invalidates Wyoming......meaning that it, is a riddle too... Concurrence and riddle/metaphor/meaning Marry 9M to 9W.....flexibility....Wyoming is the shadow of New Mexico.....New Mexico is the location.....It is a concurrence of interchangeabilty....simple....sleep on it.

Comment

1) Take a map of YNP

For example:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	FennRock.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	359005
                              Fun fact: If you draw some horizontal lines that intersect with those vertical ones you’ll get a grid?

Then maybe we can play some real football!

Comment

Not that everyone on here would give credence to this but, for what it’s worth, here’s Jack’s response to the question of Dal driving within 300 feet.

”It’s just not possible he drove that close to where the treasure was (unless he was in a flying car, I guess). Sounds to me like Forrest was just messing with Dal.”

Comment

Working...
                                X