Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only 2 Rivers chest could be near

Firehole or Madison.

Folks, this is straight from the horse's mouth (Forrest Fenn).
    1) Forrest said the chest was in Wyoming
    and
    2) FF said on two occasions directly to Dal's face and on writing in an email that Dal had been 100 yards from the chest.

Intersect 1) and 2) and you got only Firehole and Madison rivers.

This is from Dal's site:
    http://web.archive.org/web/202105192...here-ive-been/

My mother died within 300 feet of the bridge across the Madison River at Westfork, which is the little stream that dumps into the Madison near where the trailer park is. You drove within 300 feet of the treasure chest and that’s for sure, but don’t look for any clues in this email. f

—– Original Message —–

To: Forrest Fenn

Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 10:44 PM

Subject: Exactly where I’ve been

Forrest…this is what I remember…if there were other places I’ve looked or traveled…I have forgotten them…

I don’t have my notes from last year nor my pics from last year with me to help me remember…

They are at home…

First my direct route to Santa Fe and then my side trips…

TO NEW MEXICO-SANTA FE

I’ll start my path in Idaho.

I enter Idaho on I-84 at Fruitland and stay on it all the way to Pocatello

At Pocatello I catch I-15 and head South through Salt Lake City to Provo.

At Provo I catch US6 and head SE to Green River UT.

At Green River I catch I-70 and head East to Crescent Jct.

At Crescent Junction I catch US191 and head South through Moab to Montecello.

At Montecello I catch US 491 and head SE into Colorado to Cortez.

At Cortez I catch US160 and head E to Pagosa Springs.

At Pagosa Springs I catch US84 and head South to New Mexico and Chama.

At Chama I continue S on US84 to Tierra Amarilla where I catch US64 into Taos.

At Taos I catch NM68 S to Espanola.

At Espanola I catch US285 down to Santa Fe

NEW MEXICO SIDE TRIPS

Into downtown Chama and about 3 miles past Chama on NM17 to look at the river.

At Tierra Amarilla I have taken NM112 to the dam and the campground at El Vado. I have driven across the dam and have walked a bit around the campground there.

From Tierra Amarilla I have taken US84 through Abiquiu down to Espanola.

At Abiquiu I have gotten onto an unmarked dirt road that follows the W side of the Chama River all the way N to the Abiquiu Lake Dam.

At the Abiquiu Dam I have taken NM96 to Coyote and drove out into the sagebrush south of Coyote a few miles.

At Espanola I have looked at the confluence of the Chama and the Rio Grande.

At Chili I have traveled US285 to Tres Piedras.

I have taken the John Dunn road from US64 across the John Dunn Bridge to Rio Hondo. took a soak in Manby’s Hot Spring.

Out of Santa Fe I took NM475 all the way up to the ski area.

Out of Espanola I have taken NM76 to Placitas and NM518 to Taos.

In Taos I have walked around in all directions within a quarter mile of the plaza.

In Taos I have taken US64 to Eagles Nest and Angel Fire where I looked at the Vietnam Memorial and Elizabethtown.

From Eagles Nest I have continued on 64 down to the town of Cimarron. I have walked much of the Cimarron River through the park.

From Eagles Nest I have taken NM38 to Red River and explored quite a bit of the Red River above the town of Red River…some with Gadi.

I have driven on NM578 to its end and I have walked the trail to the lakes below Wheeler Peak.

From Red River I have taken NM38 over to Questa and explored the box on foot from the confluence of the Red and the Rio north a few miles.

I have also explored the Red just below the Hatchery.

I have also walked the Red from its confluence with the Rio about two miles upstream.

From Taos I have driven up NM522 to Questa and Ceros and the Wild Rivers Park Office.

FROM NM TO YNP

From Chama US84 back up to Pagosa Springs.

From Pagosa Springs US160 E to Durango.

From Durango US550 N to Grand Junction.

From Grand Junction US50 W to Fruita.

From Fruita CO139 N to Rangely

From Rangely CO64 W to Dinosaur

From Dinosaur US40 W to Vernal, UT

From Vernal US191 N to junction with UT44

Follow UT44 NW to Manila WY

At Manila take WY530 N to Green River, WY

At Green River take WY372 NW to US189

At that junction follow US189 N till it becomes US 191.

Follow US191 N to Jackson, WY

At Jackson take WY22 across the pass to Victor, ID

At Victor take ID33 N to Teton, ID

At Teton take ID32 NW to Ashton, ID

At Ashton pick up US20 to West Yellowstone.

SIDE TRIPS FROM WEST YELLOWSTONE

To Madison Junction and walk around

To Firehole Canyon and walk the canyon rim along the road

Walk the area below the Firehole Falls

To Ojo Caliente and walking around Fountain Flats

To the Barns and walking around that area

To Baker’s Hole and walking around that area

Up the Red River Canyon to the end of the road and up the trail about a mile.

On the road down the E side of Hebgen Lake to the dam.

Continuing down to Quake Lake…explore the area including Ghost Ranch and Fishing Lodge and Visitor Center.

Cross the Madison at the bridge on MT84 and traveled to Raynold’s Pass and then turn around and come back the way I came…up the Madison…

Walk from the Dude to the Barns.

That’s about it…

I may have left something out but not on purpose…

That’s as much as I remember…
    Last edited by Cary_Galloway; 11-02-2021, 01:25 AM.

I would read that email over and over, then think who was the treasure Forrest spoke of in this email.

Forrest tells Dal, DO NOT LOOK FOR ANY CLUES IN THIS EMAIL.

Comment

He could have meant that dal drove within 300 front yards of houses

Comment

Here's is what the prompted the email

Dal writing:

That evening we went to dinner and the next day we filmed several interviews and met with some friends of Forrests and talked. The following day I left to head back home. As I was turning to walk out of his house he said, “By the way, you’ve been within 100 yards of the chest.”

I nearly fell over. I turned and looked at him. He shook his head up and down and said, “One hundred yards. But I didn’t say it was necessarily a place you were searching. You could have driven by it.”

Comment

Forrest Fenn did not give out any secret hints to searchers. Many want to tell themselves that, so they have an excuse why they did not find it.

When the true location comes out, people are going to see how far off they were following rabbit holes.

So many, who have pointed fingers to save face or their solve, will have the red est faces of all.

Forrest said the location will come out, so it will, and that is when people will marvel gaze.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
            Firehole or Madison.

and
            2) FF said on two occasions directly to Dal's face and on writing in an email that Dal had been 100 yards from the chest.

This is from Dal's site:
            https://dalneitzelblog.wordpress.com...omment-page-1/

My mother died within 300 feet of the bridge across the Madison River at Westfork, which is the little stream that dumps into the Madison near where the trailer park is. You drove within 300 feet of the treasure chest and that’s for sure, but don’t look for any clues in this email. f

—– Original Message —–

Forrest…this is what I remember…if there were other places I’ve looked or traveled…I have forgotten them…

I don’t have my notes from last year nor my pics from last year with me to help me remember…

They are at home…

TO NEW MEXICO-SANTA FE

NEW MEXICO SIDE TRIPS

At Tierra Amarilla I have taken NM112 to the dam and the campground at El Vado. I have driven across the dam and have walked a bit around the campground there.

At Abiquiu I have gotten onto an unmarked dirt road that follows the W side of the Chama River all the way N to the Abiquiu Lake Dam.

At the Abiquiu Dam I have taken NM96 to Coyote and drove out into the sagebrush south of Coyote a few miles.

I have taken the John Dunn road from US64 across the John Dunn Bridge to Rio Hondo. took a soak in Manby’s Hot Spring.

In Taos I have walked around in all directions within a quarter mile of the plaza.

In Taos I have taken US64 to Eagles Nest and Angel Fire where I looked at the Vietnam Memorial and Elizabethtown.

From Eagles Nest I have continued on 64 down to the town of Cimarron. I have walked much of the Cimarron River through the park.

From Eagles Nest I have taken NM38 to Red River and explored quite a bit of the Red River above the town of Red River…some with Gadi.

I have driven on NM578 to its end and I have walked the trail to the lakes below Wheeler Peak.

From Red River I have taken NM38 over to Questa and explored the box on foot from the confluence of the Red and the Rio north a few miles.

I have also walked the Red from its confluence with the Rio about two miles upstream.

From Taos I have driven up NM522 to Questa and Ceros and the Wild Rivers Park Office.

FROM NM TO YNP

Continuing down to Quake Lake…explore the area including Ghost Ranch and Fishing Lodge and Visitor Center.

Cross the Madison at the bridge on MT84 and traveled to Raynold’s Pass and then turn around and come back the way I came…up the Madison…

That’s about it…

How do you define "near"?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

How do you define "near"?
              less than 500 feet
              If you read Dal's journey the part where he entered YNP. He followed the road/highway that follows the Madison and then follows the Firehole.
              Just pull up a map of YNP and you will see. It is quite obvious what "near" would mean.

Comment

The problem with trolls is they don't listen to people EVER . Like NEVER EVER . One of the places he "drove by " is my EXACT search location , where I found Mr. Fenns axe . But you guys wont listen AGAIN .

Comment

Firehole or Madison.

and

This is from Dal's site:
                  https://dalneitzelblog.wordpress.com...omment-page-1/

—– Original Message —–

They are at home…

TO NEW MEXICO-SANTA FE

NEW MEXICO SIDE TRIPS

FROM NM TO YNP

That’s about it…

He was at the junction so you can add Gibbon River to your list!
                  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

He was at the junction so you can add Gibbon River to your list!
                    I was wondering if someone was going to catch that. Yes a very slight nod to a tiny section of the Gibbon River at Madison Junction.

Comment

less than 500 feet
                      If you read Dal's journey the part where he entered YNP. He followed the road/highway that follows the Madison and then follows the Firehole.
                      Just pull up a map of YNP and you will see. It is quite obvious what "near" would mean.
                      Thank you for the answer. I am convinced that the hidey spot is more than 500 feet away from either of those two rivers.

Comment

less than 500 feet
                        “There isn’t a human trail in very close proximity to where I hid the treasure" -f

Any road (paved or not) is most definitely a man-made trail. You just excluded your area with your 500ft comment.

Comment

I was wondering if someone was going to catch that. Yes a very slight nod to a tiny section of the Gibbon River at Madison Junction.
                          I'd bet he drove to see the falls at least once... that way the Gibbon is in play for quite a stretch...
                          All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Pay attention....

"At Tierra Amarilla I have taken NM112 to the dam and the campground at El Vado. I have driven across the dam and have walked a bit around the campground there."

https://pws111.medium.com/to-the-bla...d-5a38c093581f
                            Last edited by pws111; 10-29-2021, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post

“There isn’t a human trail in very close proximity to where I hid the treasure" -f

Any road (paved or not) is most definitely a man-made trail. You just excluded your area with your 500ft comment.
                              Do I believe you or Forrest Fenn?
                              Forrest Fenn told Dal "You drove within 300 feet of the treasure chest"

Okay I've made up my mind. I think I'll believe Forrest Fenn instead you.

Comment

Working...
                              X