Whatever happened to Voxpops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to Voxpops?

Voxpops joined in 2018, wrote about 2,400 posts, then suddenly stopped. Usually several posts each day.

All of his posts were then deleted. I think he/she last posted about September 20. Hasn't been on the forum since early October.

He had some very unusual posts/ideas, but I think that was just diversion. Along the way, I came to realize that he knew much more than he was letting on. I thought it was possible that this was Forrest Fenn himself. Or it might be a searcher who had figured out many important clues and was looking at the same specific area I am, but then gave up. I think he was teasing us with some big hints.

He claimed to be from England as I recall.

I just got back from a failed 5th BOG, but I'm certain he figured out some of the same things I have, down to the specific name of a nearby road.

Any thoughts?

Would that be Abbey Road by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by ICV. View Post

From Wales, not England.

Comment

I suspect his wife found out he was still thinking and blogging about the solution. Then he probably had to choose between being done with it and deleting everything or being shot at sunrise by a firing squad. .......... ..... ..... Tough choice...

1f Billy

Comment

Voxpops joined in 2018, wrote about 2,400 posts, then suddenly stopped. Usually several posts each day.

All of his posts were then deleted. I think he/she last posted about September 20. Hasn't been on the forum since early October.

He had some very unusual posts/ideas, but I think that was just diversion. Along the way, I came to realize that he knew much more than he was letting on. I thought it was possible that this was Forrest Fenn himself. Or it might be a searcher who had figured out many important clues and was looking at the same specific area I am, but then gave up. I think he was teasing us with some big hints.

I just got back from a failed 5th BOG, but I'm certain he figured out some of the same things I have, down to the specific name of a nearby road.

Any thoughts?
          This is my assessment: 'Voxpops' could be interpreted as 'Voice of the Father'. I think we all know who the father of the chase is (yes, 'is' !).

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnus View Post

From Wales, not England.
            Ah. You're correct. Thanks.

Comment

Perhaps he’s still trying to analyze the turd in the tire.

Comment

Voxpops was a reporter from VOX. Chase ended, story gone.

Comment

Any thoughts?
                  Yeah; I think there's flooding in San Rafael, California today.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawshadow View Post
                    Perhaps he’s still trying to analyze the turd in the tire.
                    Thinking like a thirteen-year-old could help solve the poem . . . (might take a little maturation).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Thinking like a thirteen-year-old could help solve the poem . . . (might take a little maturation).
                      Or perhaps his ripe sense of humor just aged well but not to the point of being fusty.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                        Would that be Abbey Road by any chance?
                        Or Yellowbrick, a brick is a stone kinda right?

Comment

Nothing happened to me, ICV. , but I needed to take a break... some of the posts started to get under my skin and at the same time a chapter in my search came to a conclusion. Thanks for thinking of me, though - nice to know one's not completely forgotten.

Just for the record, I'm English but living in Wales - and still operating on Greenwich Mean Time.

"Voxpops" is actually a broadcasting expression these days. It's taken from the Latin "vox populi," meaning "voice of the people." But over the years (of the chase) a number have confused it with "voice of the father." Funnily enough, "father" in the guise of "PA" became increasingly important to my search.

I deleted my more recent posts as they had started to leave me feeling somewhat naked (not a pretty thought!). Also, some of the newer searchers had begun to think I was trolling or misleading; that was never my intention as I only ever post what I truly believe. Parallel to that, there was so much focus on Jack and the bizarre twists, post-find, that I felt I could no longer contribute much of interest, particularly amid so much negativity.

Some years ago I began to suggest that this was not a regular treasure hunt and that there were deeper mysteries involved. Highly intelligent and logical searchers found that difficult to accept. I stand by that notion and, even though I have no idea how this will all end (if ever!), I wonder if we may yet be amazed.

My best wishes to all of you.

Comment

Thanks for the update, VP! It is and was always a pleasure to read your stuff (with a Welsh dialect in my head)... :-)
                            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                              Thanks for the update, VP! It is and was always a pleasure to read your stuff (with a Welsh dialect in my head)... :-)
                              Welsh dialect is unlikely, Cowboy.......he says he's ENGLISH (only living in Wales).

Comment

Working...
                              X