No announcement yet.

A hypothetical situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you to everyone who responded. I like to bounce ideas off others sometimes, think that’s healthy.
    Anywho, I’ve decided to trust but verify the destruction of WWWH and the true impermeability of its wall, and while being empathically conscious of methods so as not to harm others, also, not giving a damn about factors I can’t control.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
      Thank you to everyone who responded. I like to bounce ideas off others sometimes, think that’s healthy.
      Anywho, I’ve decided to trust but verify the destruction of WWWH and the true impermeability of its wall, and while being empathically conscious of methods so as not to harm others, also, not giving a damn about factors I can’t control.
      I think that the "destruction of WWWH" was offered only as a hypothetical thing, so it should hardly have any effect on a solve.
      Yes, there are different things, each of which might validly be considered WWWH. But they are still around, and (at least in general) will continue to be for thousands of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

I think that the "destruction of WWWH" was offered only as a hypothetical thing, so it should hardly have any effect on a solve.
        Yes, there are different things, each of which might validly be considered WWWH. But they are still around, and (at least in general) will continue to be for thousands of years.
        I thought I had a completed solve. However, it has failed twice (that I know of). Since F said (paraphrase) ‘if you don’t have the first clue you don’t have anything’- it was saying (to me) that either you need to know location of your first clue (in which case it can be skipped once you look at a map and can figure out the second etc) or you need to ‘have’ something at the first clue- maybe something that can only be observed at the proper spot. Maybe, since I’ve been to the end spot without success, it is only at the beginning clue it will make sense. For me there is a logistical issue with that clue that I have grappled with for years, hence my thread post and need for sounding board- even vague ones.

I don’t believe destruction is a thing. At all. Transformation maybe. ‘There’s nothing new under the sun’ was said by someone at sometime. Allegedly.

Comment

https://www.google.com/maps/@48.5066...!7i3328!8i1664

And this is what you see less than 100 feet from where the chest was found. It's a match!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.4883...7i13312!8i6656

Comment

for some reason i can't edit my previous post, but the first link is what you see at WWWH, and the second link is near where the chest was found... in my opinion

Comment

The chest was likely under this tall tree.. in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AaBbCcDdEeFf View Post
                The chest was likely under this tall tree.. in my opinion.

Right on the border.
                Below the home of the Brown shirt rangers
                Under a canopy of stars (US Flag)
                Me in the Middle (Middle Creek).
                Definitely a nice canyon.
                It's funny how confirmation bias can make every place seem like the right solve.
                Beautiful area.

Comment

It is unclear to which part you’re referring, though I suppose it to be three. That’s where definitions come in- trace the roots far enough.
                  Not all valid answers are designed to show validity (I would always have three- Valid, Invalid, Flagged)
                  I do think the poem hasn’t been completely figured out yet, but I always like to scrap whatever line of thinking I’m currently on and start over from scratch- from WWWH. Perhaps I go the same path, but perhaps I now have info from a prior solve attempt that opens doors that weren’t open before.
                  Hypothetically speaking, if YOUare insinuating that the wwh is dried up, gone ten years before Forrest hid his chest then the poem wasn’t built to last ten years much less a thousand. You could certainly guess at the wwh location with a good map perhaps but in it that case the poem didn’t lead you to that conclusion. There are many wwh locations why not pick another random one and hope for the best.
                  Last edited by Sarah Seedling; 10-25-2021, 06:18 AM.

Comment

In my solve, WWWH is a specific place on the road that you are taking in the canyon down. So long as you know where that is, you can drive up through the canyon coming from the other direction until you get to HoB, which is something that can only be identified from its proximity to WWWH.

If you don't mind my asking, if your WWWH is destroyed, what exactly is the "it" you are taking in the canyon down?

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post

If you don't mind my asking, if your WWWH is destroyed, what exactly is the "it" you are taking in the canyon down?
                      The WWWH of my solve is not destroyed, quite the opposite. I’m not sure what ‘it’ is I’m taking in the canyon down- perhaps knowledge from WWWH? From my armchair I skipped none of the clues. When BOTG I began at the end ever drawing nigh. (Well, after I parked my vehicle I walked right straight (metaphorically) to it.) I believe there’s a few failsafes built into the poem- at least, that’s what I would do. Maybe more than a few- perhaps even 900-1000.
                      But I’m odd like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Old Pilot, Jack said the blaze was damaged. You say WWWH was damaged. I know you think that WWWH is the same as the blaze (am I right?). So my remarks:

- You always said Jack was a dummy, a go between, or whatsoever. So why do you believe he spoke the truth about some damaged clue in the hunt/chase? He is the only one who spoke about a damaged clue (the blaze).
                        - Why do you think that WWWH and the blaze are the same “thing”?

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

Old Pilot, Jack said the blaze was damaged. You say WWWH was damaged. I know you think that WWWH is the same as the blaze (am I right?). So my remarks:

- You always said Jack was a dummy, a go between, or whatsoever. So why do you believe he spoke the truth about some damaged clue in the hunt/chase? He is the only one who spoke about a damaged clue (the blaze).
                          - Why do you think that WWWH and the blaze are the same “thing”?

Of course it was damaged, how else could it withstand the test of time? Just Heartbreaking really.
                          Last edited by Strawshadow; 10-25-2021, 01:44 PM.

Comment

I've shed so many tears over the damaged blaze.

Comment

Barmy Andersen damaged the blaze, so she claims.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawshadow View Post
                                Of course it was damaged, how else could it withstand the test of time? Just Heartbreaking really.
                                Da mage musta Ben frequently educated in da mauveine frequency room and is taking nothing, for Grant ed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAFAfhod9TU

Comment

Working...
                                X