Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Blaze and the Fake Blaze

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Blaze and the Fake Blaze

    I have been thinking again; I know, that's dangerous.

    Most of us realize that there is something Fishy about Jack, not sure what exactly. Some seem to know, but they (you) are guessing also.

    What if Jack lied about destroying the Blaze <gasp>!

    To my way of thinking, it is more likely that "it is not feasible to destroy the Blaze". But a Fake Blaze made by a cruel fellow searcher, I think could be destroyed.

    Random thoughts of a Madman.

  • #2
    My solve is in Montana and my blaze is about a thousand feet from the treasure location -- in a place where it is not supposed to be. Since I assumed Jack was lying about Wyoming, and he was really up in Glacier National Park, my first thought was that Jack's "fake blaze" was the real blaze and he was just trying to cover Forrest's butt -- a blaze that "seemed after some effort by me to have been faked by a cruel fellow searcher even though it had evidently been there for years. I couldn’t believe the chances," he said. I can't believe the chances, either. A fake blaze a thousand feet from the treasure, that had been there for years, yet no one in all that time had given Forrest the correct "home of Brown" and he wasn't sure anyone had solved beyond the first two clues? That certainly doesn't work for my Montana solve, but I don't see how it is supposed to work for Yellowstone solves along the Madison, either.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gunrunner View Post
      My solve is in Montana and my blaze is about a thousand feet from the treasure location -- in a place where it is not supposed to be. Since I assumed Jack was lying about Wyoming, and he was really up in Glacier National Park, my first thought was that Jack's "fake blaze" was the real blaze and he was just trying to cover Forrest's butt -- a blaze that "seemed after some effort by me to have been faked by a cruel fellow searcher even though it had evidently been there for years. I couldn’t believe the chances," he said. I can't believe the chances, either. A fake blaze a thousand feet from the treasure, that had been there for years, yet no one in all that time had given Forrest the correct "home of Brown" and he wasn't sure anyone had solved beyond the first two clues? That certainly doesn't work for my Montana solve, but I don't see how it is supposed to work for Yellowstone solves along the Madison, either.
      Interesting. Forrest once said something about searchers in Glacier NP, but he said the same thing about northern New Mexico.

      It will be interesting to see where this all goes. Hang in there, this may be a bumpy ride.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by nomadicMadman View Post
        I have been thinking again; I know, that's dangerous.

        Most of us realize that there is something Fishy about Jack, not sure what exactly. Some seem to know, but they (you) are guessing also.

        What if Jack lied about destroying the Blaze <gasp>!

        To my way of thinking, it is more likely that "it is not feasible to destroy the Blaze". But a Fake Blaze made by a cruel fellow searcher, I think could be destroyed.

        Random thoughts of a Madman.
        I love your self-effacing post, Madman. All this talk about a blaze. People just don't get it, IMO.

        Comment


        • #5
          When I first saw the "fake blaze", I was offended and angry, because it was an act of vandalism . . . and I didn't think (at the time) that Forrest would do or condone such a thing. I immediately considered what it would take to remove this fake blaze, and concluded that it would be a rather ambitious task. Probably not worth the trouble to me. Not a huge biggie, in my opinion.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
            When I first saw the "fake blaze", I was offended and angry, because it was an act of vandalism . . . and I didn't think (at the time) that Forrest would do or condone such a thing. I immediately considered what it would take to remove this fake blaze, and concluded that it would be a rather ambitious task. Probably not worth the trouble to me. Not a huge biggie, in my opinion.
            Old Pilot Hi ya,

            With all the talk of the Chest being sold and re-hidden; I'm like, if it's not put back in the same place, it kind of takes the fun out of it.

            I am trying to imagine it being put back in the same place.

            If the Real Blaze (RB) was destroyed it makes it difficult, unless they can repair it somehow.

            But, this could all be a hoax and we are just dreamers...dreaming.

            Comment


            • #7
              "That fake blaze was less than 1,000 feet from where I eventually found the treasure. And that’s not even the half of that story." -Jack

              source: https://thefinder.medium.com/a-remem...n-1be2a8646ff2

              Notice that he says "where I eventually found the treasure", not "where I eventually found the real blaze"

              The blaze was miles away from the chest, but for its glimmer.

              As for the fake one, someone will have to ask Santa for a new one I guess.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	how-to-get-a-drone-out-of-a-tree-1.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	347311

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nomadicMadman View Post

                Old Pilot Hi ya,

                With all the talk of the Chest being sold and re-hidden; I'm like, if it's not put back in the same place, it kind of takes the fun out of it.

                I am trying to imagine it being put back in the same place.

                If the Real Blaze (RB) was destroyed it makes it difficult, unless they can repair it somehow.

                But, this could all be a hoax and we are just dreamers...dreaming.
                I never believed that the Real Blaze was destroyed or at much risk of being destroyed in the next thousand years. It's bigger and more durable than the fake blaze.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                  When I first saw the "fake blaze", I was offended and angry, because it was an act of vandalism . . . and I didn't think (at the time) that Forrest would do or condone such a thing. I immediately considered what it would take to remove this fake blaze, and concluded that it would be a rather ambitious task. Probably not worth the trouble to me. Not a huge biggie, in my opinion.
                  So, you claim to have seen the fake blaze. Well spotted!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    When I first saw the "fake blaze", I was offended and angry, because it was an act of vandalism . . . and I didn't think (at the time) that Forrest would do or condone such a thing. I immediately considered what it would take to remove this fake blaze, and concluded that it would be a rather ambitious task. Probably not worth the trouble to me. Not a huge biggie, in my opinion.
                    I imagine that Jack, after spending 25 days of searching around the Blaze would have wondered if the Secret was hidden within. Not knowing it was a Fake Blaze, he destroyed it. Not finding anything, he continued searching from there. I doubt he destroyed it out of anger, but out of necessity. No one knows the complexity of this Mystery! IMO

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                      When I first saw the "fake blaze", I was offended and angry, because it was an act of vandalism . . . and I didn't think (at the time) that Forrest would do or condone such a thing. I immediately considered what it would take to remove this fake blaze, and concluded that it would be a rather ambitious task. Probably not worth the trouble to me. Not a huge biggie, in my opinion.
                      Old pilot. How can you be sure that the « fake blaze » you saw was the same fake blaze Jack pretended to have seen? He is the only person to have stated that there was a fake blaze. You always said Jack was a fraud or a something like it (for me he is part of the riddle). Or did you see another fake blaze? You are always pretending to represent the ultimate « wisdom » here. Let us please share in your wisdom and explain to us a little more in detail your experience with that fake blaze. Or could there be multiple fake blazes there out in the wild? If yes, why would any searcher put hints in the general area of the hiding place, and so stimulate other searchers to go on?
                      Last edited by jan_v60; 10-18-2021, 03:10 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well if the blaze was more than one thing then Jack could be telling the truth. Maybe he’s speaking about one in one statement and then about the other an another statement.

                        There are many definitions of Blaze.

                        This should make you think…

                        Is the blaze one single object?

                        “In a word, yes” -F

                        The blaze was always damaged imo. And it’s hidden in plain sight but it won’t draw attention if you don’t know what it is. There are millions of them, but the first clue will help you with it. It’s why it says if you’ve been wise (past tense). You should’ve already figured out what to look for before you get to this point. I’ve seesawed back and forth on this position many times and I always end up with my feet dangling over it.

                        I think the most important thing is imagination, as Forrest stated. You need to look at things through different lenses…and the words help you get there.



                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X