Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone who thinks the entire treasure hunt is fake, please consider this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by colokidd View Post
    The unselfish and noble behavior displayed by Fenn was a ruse to hide the true purpose for the Chase.

Genius in my book too.
    I do think that is a real possibility. If I am right about the location, the revealing of the location will put a spotlight on some wrongdoings of the locals. Fenn may have encountered this problem and thought, "I'll fix them".

But that only works if the chest is found in the present time. It may be a combination of vengeance and the positive things I mentioned earlier.

This is pure speculation, but I believe the area I'm looking at was likely known by the Fenn family as he was growing up. Fenn encountered the area again in the Air Force (before Vietnam), then again in later life. The third time he became aware of some unethical/possibility illegal behavior that didn't get resolved by the law.

I decided not to wait until next May anymore. One last quick one-day trip next weekend, before the gales of November. Just simply can't wait 7 more months. Hopefully if I'm wrong I can put it out of my head for the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by ICV. View Post

I do think that is a real possibility. If I am right about the location, the revealing of the location will put a spotlight on some wrongdoings of the locals. Fenn may have encountered this problem and thought, "I'll fix them".

But that only works if the chest is found in the present time. It may be a combination of vengeance and the positive things I mentioned earlier.

This is pure speculation, but I believe the area I'm looking at was likely known by the Fenn family as he was growing up. Fenn encountered the area again in the Air Force (before Vietnam), then again in later life. The third time he became aware of some unethical/possibility illegal behavior that didn't get resolved by the law.

I decided not to wait until next May anymore. One last quick one-day trip next weekend, before the gales of November. Just simply can't wait 7 more months. Hopefully if I'm wrong I can put it out of my head for the winter.
      I don’t believe the spot holds that much drama, but I do believe it’s poignant.
      I’m debating on a trip next week too, or maybe next year, we’ll see. And thanks to Gack no one needs to know if we go, or if we were successful or not.

Good Luck!

Comment

I’m debating on a trip next week too, or maybe next year, we’ll see. And thanks to Gack no one needs to know if we go, or if we were successful or not.

Good Luck!
        Perhaps I am mistaken about what I am considering to be wrongful. It sure threw a wrench in my plans last time, but maybe it's all legit. Poignant in a totally different way, but we're probably talking about two different areas anyway.

If I'd find it, I'd let the community know where/how after a while, but would do my best to remain anonymous.

Good luck to you also.

Comment

No one creates a treasure hunt that can be solved, especially if there is nothing at the end. Who wants to be remembered as a fraud?
          I knew the "Chase" was the real McCoy after solving the first few clues. Any lunatic can say they hid a treasure, but no sane person actually makes up clues that lead somewhere, only to disappoint the solver of the riddle. For those still trying to find that spot, I want to remind you Forrest decided to say it was found in Wyoming.
          1f Billy

Comment

It was an interesting thread, Old Pilot. Thanks for the thought-provoking questions. Unfortunately, it looks like many would prefer to speculate over Jack and the sale of the treasure chest at this point than consider the mysteries of the chase.

This is related to my previous post, I found it amusing.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Touched_by_His_Noodly_Appendage_HD.jpg Views:	9 Size:	397.4 KB ID:	347559
            I may convert to Pastafarianism, and I owe it all to you.
            Last edited by elperro; 10-17-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
              For those still trying to find that spot, I want to remind you Forrest decided to say it was found in Wyoming.
              1f Billy
              With all respect, Wyoming is the last place I'd look. That is why I'm so certain the ending is phony. It is possible, but doubtful, that Jack actually found it. No way was it Wyoming, although I understand why people so readily accept that.

Even so, as a matter of due diligence, I did buy the Wyoming Map-Book and searched every possible square mile once it occurred to me what "no place for the meek" likely meant. I also looked at all of the other states in the same manner.

In my opinion, there are only 4 locations within one state to focus my efforts. I have a very specific methodology for determining this, based on information from TTOTC. Further use of logic quickly narrows the list down to two seldom considered areas, but the evidence (to me) for one of these is overwhelming.

If it was actually found, my first suspect as the solver would be Matt from Smell the Sunshine, based on things he said in his videos. He certainly had some correct thoughts anyways.

Of course, it may turn out that I know absolutely nothing. That is the most likely scenario. I will find out soon.

Comment

Good Luck!
                That's a good point (about Gack). He may provide cover for anyone who actually finds the trove. Still, to sell the thing and profit from it, some careful prior planning may be appropriate.

Comment

No one creates a treasure hunt that can be solved, especially if there is nothing at the end. Who wants to be remembered as a fraud?
                  I knew the "Chase" was the real McCoy after solving the first few clues. Any lunatic can say they hid a treasure, but no sane person actually makes up clues that lead somewhere, only to disappoint the solver of the riddle. For those still trying to find that spot, I want to remind you Forrest decided to say it was found in Wyoming.
                  1f Billy
                  Please consider us reminded.
                  If you're quite desperate for the find to happen, you might be able to provide some significant hinting . . . that the "lead searcher(s)" would be likely to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

If you're quite desperate for the find to happen, you might be able to provide some significant hinting . . . that the "lead searcher(s)" would be likely to understand.
                    Okay O.P.--

"Gypsy Magic"

Now when one preforms a magic trick, they wave their arms about and say some special words. Those special words are called a "spell". Now a book with the correct spellings of words and their meanings is called a dictionary. So the title to this chapter in the book, "Gypsy Magic" Forrest is telling us to use a Gypsy Dictionary. The gypsies speak Cant. Cant is derived primarily from the Scottish Gaelic language. Anyone serious about solving the poem or the gobble de gook Forrest said, should try using a Scottish Gaelic dictionary.

Even the lead searcher would know that.....
                    1f Billy

P.S. O.P. your turn. What's 85 to do with it? Does 85 equate with the name Abraham?
                    Last edited by Sherif Billy; 10-18-2021, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Okay O.P.--

"Gypsy Magic"

Now when one preforms a magic trick, they wave their arms about and say some special words. Those special words are called a "spell". Now a book with the correct spellings of words and their meanings is called a dictionary. So the title to this chapter in the book, "Gypsy Magic" Forrest is telling us to use a Gypsy Dictionary. The gypsies speak Cant. Cant is derived primarily from the Scottish Gaelic language. Anyone serious about solving the poem or the gobble de gook Forrest said, should try using a Scottish Gaelic dictionary.

Even the lead searcher would know that.....
                      1f Billy

P.S. O.P. your turn. What's 85 to do with it? Does 85 equate with the name Abraham?
                      I will take Words used by a magician for the Daily Double Alex . I will bet the ranch Alex .

Comment

You're killing me......"Under stand".... understood

First I thought Dawn maybe had it, and you know I would really like to frisk her down; and now am I led to believe Stan has been sitting on it this whole time? Well you can forget it. I'm not frisking him. You try to get him to move his lard aXX.

Thinking about Dawn, made me think of a joke. Did you know that Oprah was detained at the airport? It was all a misunderstanding though. She was kinda rude to one of the TSA officers and so he pulled her aside to have her patted. down by a female TSA agent. That's what led to the miscommunication. They arrested Oprah, and it made quite the scene, after the female agent told the first officer that she found 20 pounds of crack between her legs. I guess they misunderstood what she meant!...
                        1f Billy

Comment

What people want is to be praised by others. We learn this at a very young age, and work at it all our lives. Praise may be accompanied by respect, and they are earned in various ways. One way is to do something that others approve of, such as saving lives or fighting fires. Generally, helping others to be safe and healthy will get approval from people.

Some approval comes in the form of money, usually paid to signify not only the value of what someone has provided, but also approval of their "asking price" for the product or service.

We all know that there are thieves, robbers, crooks, embezzlers, etc. But in general, the belief -- at least in this country -- is that someone is presumed innocent of illegal wrongdoing if not convicted of it. I believe that most folks who have made a lot of money did it legally. That is not necessarily to say that they did it ethically/morally. I don't think being excessively greedy is very ethical/moral. But earning a few million dollars doesn't have to be excessive, in my opinion.

Regarding Forrest Fenn, it appears to me that he made some millions of dollars in the art business and also in real estate. It wasn't hundreds of millions or billions of dollars. I believe he was quite a "wheeler-dealer", terrific salesman, and quite knowledgeable about psychology and other facets of human nature . . . which can certainly help separate someone from their money in a way that doesn't offend/anger them.

Yes, I believe that financial prosperity represented "praise/approval" for Forrest. And I think he created his treasure hunt largely for even more praise/approval. Based on all his writing related thereto, including 3 books (that I know of), and his online articles, Scrapbooks, etc. -- not to mention all the interviews, he put a hell of a lot of time and effort and -- yes -- emotional investment into this treasure hunt. And I think he did it largely for glory (otherwise known as praise/approval). So if it were proven to be fake (i.e., invalid, with no available chest of goodies to be found), he would be shown to have been, for many years, quite a charlatan. I don't think he would have risked faking it simply by withholding a box of goodies that cost him less than a million dollars.

I'd like to see what y'all have to say about this. As always, all part of my opinion.
                          You can tell from THE VERY FIRST CHAPTER of TTOTC that Forrest was having a hard time coming to terms with famous writers and why his books couldn't tell.
                          I agree. He made the chase to sell books. He made the chase to be known as a writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                            I keep my #2 pencil within my reach at all times.
                            That's good to know . . . thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew !

Comment

Originally posted by djjmciv View Post

You can tell from THE VERY FIRST CHAPTER of TTOTC that Forrest was having a hard time coming to terms with famous writers and why his books couldn't tell.
                              I agree. He made the chase to sell books. He made the chase to be known as a writer.
                              I'm sorry to disagree. Forrest had the desire to leave some of his most valued possessions in that special place after returning from Vietnam. He really could care less about being a successful writer. With knowledge and belief, It appears he published the books and started the Chase to protect himself and his family from the enforcers of the Central Intelligence Agency. I have never known any private pilot to have a mid-flight engine failure. Forrest is the lone exception and it happened to him twice. Also recall that his brother Skippy drowned while SUBA diving alone. I don't think is common for divers to dive without a buddy. Colby who was in charge of the Phoenix Project in Vietnam and later director of the agency, although an avid outdoorsman, drown while canoeing on a river he regularly paddled. These aren't the only suspicious deaths of people tied to the agency or a relative of one. If you're interested maybe you should read Valentine's book on dealings the agency was engaged in with the Phoenix project. Forrest was getting up in years, and the agency doesn't like any deathbed confessions violating their oath of secrecy.

Comment

That's good to know . . . thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew !
                                I read this in Taylor Swift’s voice.

Comment

Working...
                                X