Why hasn't the chest been sold yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasn't the chest been sold yet?

Many would say that because of the outstanding lawsuits the chest cannot be sold until all is settled. Does this make sense knowing what we know?

Forrest has stated in court documents that he abandoned the chest and whomever finds it owns it. Zoe has claimed in her declaration that the chest and its contents are not and were never part of the Estate. Jack allegedly retrieved and owns the chest. He is named as a Defendant in lawsuits yet I do not see anywhere that Jack’s attorneys have addressed any of them in court. If the lawsuits are the sticking point to selling the chest, then why haven't we heard from Jack's side? Why?

“Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead”, or so I’ve heard.

Comment

I’ll say it again; the chest hasn’t been sold in part because “Jack” doesn’t own it and never did. Apparently, the chest is still at the attorneys office or at least under their care. I suspect that Forrest made this arrangement before he passed but exactly what that entails we can only speculate. I wonder if there isn’t a remaining discovery to be made, determining the final ownership. I have long thought he bought the chest back from a third-party finder and arranged for it to be awarded to the preferred shy searcher if/when he completes the task. All in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post
        I’ll say it again; the chest hasn’t been sold in part because “Jack” doesn’t own it and never did. Apparently, the chest is still at the attorneys office or at least under their care. I suspect that Forrest made this arrangement before he passed but exactly what that entails we can only speculate. I wonder if there isn’t a remaining discovery to be made, determining the final ownership. I have long thought he bought the chest back from a third-party finder and arranged for it to be awarded to the preferred shy searcher if/when he completes the task. All in my opinion.
        Absolutely. I should’ve said, “Why hasn’t the chest been sold yet if Jack owns it?” The answer is, it hasn’t been sold yet because Jack doesn’t have the power to sell it.

Comment

...Trust me, it hasn't been found yet.

Comment

The lawsuits have no teeth. No teeth- no reason to defend.

Comment

Just not sure what person with tons of money would be attracted to that chest.
              The chase or FF isn't well known. People don't know Forrest Fenn from Fettuccini. Ask people and they will be like Forrest who?
              They didn't find it so its like buying someone else's trophy. Why would they want someone else's trophy?
              The value of the gold vs. how much Jack wants is crazy.
              It doesn't look like something that will go up in value, except the gold itself which you can buy without paying for the FF premium.
              And I think another reason is the sleazy person that won it. He isn't doing any good PR for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

Absolutely. I should’ve said, “Why hasn’t the chest been sold yet if Jack owns it?” The answer is, it hasn’t been sold yet because Jack doesn’t have the power to sell it.
                A civil asset forfeiture case that we don't know of yet?

Comment

He hasn't sold the chest because he doesn't own it ...
                  He didn't reveal the solve because it wasn't his to reveal....
                  He didn't read the autobiography because he had no right to do so ....
                  He didn't reveal the special item because he didn't receive it....

I don't know how any other answers could be any more simple than these.... If Jack is the finder then why has he not exercised any rights of the finder?

Comment

Certain feelings of mine suggest that it's possible the treasure chest was never meant to be sold, no matter which definition of 'chest' we describe. I don't believe Forrest would give up control where it will eventually go, no matter what he made us believe. It doesn't really matter to me though, because I think the chest pictured in TTOTC was just a lure for something, but I have no clue what that "something" may be. "Not everything is as it seems" is a quote that keeps going through my head, and I am keeping an open mind about everything. Of course all in my opinion.....

Comment

IMO, Jack doesn't own the chest/trove, however the CURRENT OWNER might be able to sell it, perhaps to an unsuspecting multi-millionaire !
                      Alternatively, as the LeadSolver hasn't come forward with the true solve (as per the poem), Fenn/CU might have decided to attempt to
                      re-start the chase with a fake sale of the trove. CU could engage a known (to chasers) multi-millionaire as a fake purchaser, just as they
                      engaged Jack as a fake finder. The trove could then be re-hidden as 'good ole' Big O suggested on another thread !

Let's see if the LeadSolver is correct again !

Comment

Well well well. Hours after I started this thread, news breaks that the chest is in the process of being sold. How convenient.

Comment

Why hasn't the chest been sold yet?

Maybe the seller didn't have change for the $5 bill f tried passing him.

Comment

we only needed a jack to put the spare on

Comment

Working...
                            X