Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bamaman View Post

if the website is true, I'm not sure I believe anything he's said post find
    Which website? The national snotel site shows 10 inches. Also this excerpt from an article on April 18, 2019:

"If you go, be prepared for a few things. First, snow. There’s still plenty of snow on the ground, and the possibility of snow is always present in April. (In fact, it snowed earlier this week. "

https://yellowstoneinsider.com/2019/...open-april-19/

Comment

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

Which website? The national snotel site shows 10 inches. Also this excerpt from an article on April 18, 2019:

"If you go, be prepared for a few things. First, snow. There’s still plenty of snow on the ground, and the possibility of snow is always present in April. (In fact, it snowed earlier this week. "

https://yellowstoneinsider.com/2019/...open-april-19/
      my bad, I meant if Jack was involved with the forrestfenntreasure.com website then I don't believe anything said about the finding

Comment

Jack claims to have been covered in bites. I would think August, not April.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
          Jack claims to have been covered in bites. I would think August, not April.
          do you see bug bites in the lawyers office pictures?

Comment

Originally posted by bamaman View Post

do you see bug bites in the lawyers office pictures?
            ...no pine pitch either.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

...no pine pitch either.
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post
                After Forrest died, several of the loyal “celebs” trekked their way to Santa Fe a while back… to sign a NDA and receive their check. But one prominent duo did not… because they already exchanged something for a much larger payday directly from Forrest. Don’t expect to hear the truth from any of them.
                You certainly have quite an imagination. Did you use a dictionary since Forrest introduced this treasure hunt?

Comment

Dont worry, she'll prolly have a new confirmed location next week.
                  Last edited by Round Peg, Square Hole; 10-13-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

You certainly have quite an imagination. Did you use a dictionary since Forrest introduced this treasure hunt?
                    Old Pilot, you mention quite often that it would be wise for us to use a dictionary -
                    can you tell me if Forrest ever recommended or commented about the use of a dictionary with regard to its assisting us in finding his "hidden treasure?"
                    Thank you in advice for responding.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

Old Pilot, you mention quite often that it would be wise for us to use a dictionary -
                      can you tell me if Forrest ever recommended or commented about the use of a dictionary with regard to its assisting us in finding his "hidden treasure?"
                      Ya gotts to stack em up, stand on em and act like a meercat. If ya lucky enough ya see it...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

“Google is your friend” and common sense. You can leave the mask on but take off the blinders.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

He never recommended using a dictionary to solve the poem, and never included one in his short list of critical resources. There are some tangential comments where he mentioned dictionaries. In a Mysterious Writings Q&A he write "I don't use dictionaries anymore. I just type the word in Google for a faster response." In a later Q&A, he reiterated that he didn't own a dictionary:

MW Q&A (7/1/2014): “In your dictionary, what’s an aberration? ~Serge Teteblanche” (This was Sean Whitehead -- get it?)

FF: “I don’t have a dictionary but my personal definition is 'Something different.' I like that word.

“When I was a kid there was a commonly used word. Crean, and it described the condition a car could get into when it ran into a ditch and the frame twisted a little, preventing the doors from opening. Modern autos are more sturdy so I guess that word was retired. I can’t find it anywhere now. f”

But perhaps the strongest evidence that a dictionary is not likely a critical resource for solving the poem was this MW Q&A (9/5/2017):

MW Featured Question: Spanish to English Dictionary? “Hello Mr. Fenn, For those of us that do not speak a lick of Spanish, would a Spanish to English dictionary be helpful in our search for your treasure chest? Thanks, John”

FF: “You should not need to look any words up John. Good luck. f”

True, the context was Spanish words, but I wouldn't be surprised if Forrest's answer was broader than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

He never recommended using a dictionary to solve the poem, and never included one in his short list of critical resources. There are some tangential comments where he mentioned dictionaries. In a Mysterious Writings Q&A he write "I don't use dictionaries anymore. I just type the word in Google for a faster response." In a later Q&A, he reiterated that he didn't own a dictionary:

MW Q&A (7/1/2014): “In your dictionary, what’s an aberration? ~Serge Teteblanche” (This was Sean Whitehead -- get it?)

FF: “I don’t have a dictionary but my personal definition is 'Something different.' I like that word.

“When I was a kid there was a commonly used word. Crean, and it described the condition a car could get into when it ran into a ditch and the frame twisted a little, preventing the doors from opening. Modern autos are more sturdy so I guess that word was retired. I can’t find it anywhere now. f”

But perhaps the strongest evidence that a dictionary is not likely a critical resource for solving the poem was this MW Q&A (9/5/2017):

MW Featured Question: Spanish to English Dictionary? “Hello Mr. Fenn, For those of us that do not speak a lick of Spanish, would a Spanish to English dictionary be helpful in our search for your treasure chest? Thanks, John”

FF: “You should not need to look any words up John. Good luck. f”

True, the context was Spanish words, but I wouldn't be surprised if Forrest's answer was broader than that.

Fenn did say he "looked up" words at one point when describing that the clues were contiguous and he had changed the poem many times. Whether or not he used a dictionary is a redundant type of idea for solving the poem I think. Personally I believe he did, but not necessarily for reasons that we might expect. The poem being "crafted", "blueprint" and so on, may indicate more of a structural idea.

Comment

I used a dictionary, a lot. I still do. I reckon it gave me an unfair advantage over folk looking for trees and canyons in the Rocky Mountains.

Comment

Kid's dictionaries worked good for the Poem too. My all time Pooh ‘em favorite was the donkey, Eyeore.

Comment

Working...
                                X