I hate to be the One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
    to say IT, but I’ve been here a couple of months now and I don’t think I can trust anyone here.
    I don’t see anyone or any group effort on trying to solve the poem. I only see chaos at the work at best. There is no organization no confirmation and no agreement.
    There is just a random bunch of jeniuses trying to convince everyone they are the chosen one. Covid may have been the perfect storm, and you clue thief’s are the perfect jeniuses.
    I know I’m not going to win any brownie point with my statement but consider it a wake up call. The only chance you have at a solution is an organized group effort. This vigilante attitude will get you know where and chaos still reigns.
    Please forgive me for saying this, as it hardly relates to the Forrest Fenn treasure hunt. I'll try to add something that does, before I hit "Post Reply".
    You mentioned "IT", as if it means something special to you. I'm not yet totally convinced that IT does. But since each letter was capitalized, I pronounced each one's name, and what I said sounded like "Eye Tee". This reminded me of some old cartoons I used to see on TV, featuring Sylvester (the cat) and Tweety (the little bird . . . perhaps a canary). The bird appeared quite young, and was fond of saying "I tink I tee a puddy tat." (So for the sake of attempted humor or teasing, I wanted to share this, with mild emphasis on the word "tink".) Again, my apologies are hereby offered.
    Now, back to the hunt. "Tinker" is an old word, meaning a person who works with metals. A more modern word might be something like craftsperson or fabricator or farrier or weldor or something similar. I suppose that an artist in metals (Forrest, for example) would have also been called a tinker. This may have come from the sounds made by hammering on metal to form it into the desired shape. And I think that Forrest may have said something about his treasure being hidden somewhere near the top of a hill . . . but I could be wrong about this.

Comment

Old Pilot I think Forrest said something like " you're not going to find it on the top of a mountain, but it might be close"

Comment

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
        This place is a ghost town.... The only people left are a few crusty old miners who think they are inches away from hitting the mother lode and they're not giving up any secrets...
        The gold is under the floorboards of the old hotel. Don't tell anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunrunner View Post

Who would even bother to listen? Maybe we should throw in a free bed and breakfast.

Comment

I bet many people overlooked it.

Comment

. . . The only chance you have at a solution is an organized group effort.
              Sorry, but there is no logic behind that statement.
              This chase spent nearly a decade making no headway toward a solution. That is exactly what influenced my decision to follow a different path. To pay no attention to guesses & conversations. To only follow Fenn's words. His poem & maps. Taking note of spots by GPS.
              Groupthink is not a positive attribute. Quite the contrary. Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. . . Groupthink - Wikipedia
              In fact, a group can follow a sweet-sounding idea right off a cliff. Like the children's story of the Pied Piper.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dsp1415926535 View Post

Sorry, but there is no logic behind that statement.
                This chase spent nearly a decade making no headway toward a solution. That is exactly what influenced my decision to follow a different path. To pay no attention to guesses & conversations. To only follow Fenn's words. His poem & maps. Taking note of spots by GPS.
                Groupthink is not a positive attribute. Quite the contrary. Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. . . Groupthink - Wikipedia
                In fact, a group can follow a sweet-sounding idea right off a cliff. Like the children's story of the Pied Piper.u
                Oh contrary if a group of nein can process one different clue each that would make a full house at hoB.

Comment

Oh contrary if a group of nein can process one different clue each that would make a full house at hoB.
                  Can’t figure out if you value a full house at zero/ heck no, nine, or 36(?) Guess it depends on your house. Are you the one offering hospitality and brisk, morning tea?

Comment

[QUOTE=Sarah Seedling;n346133]
                    Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post
                    Sarah Seedling
                    Cary _Galloway

least likely to succeed very high
                    Well, that sounds like likely to succeed not at the top but near the top.
                    I was voted ‘most likely to own night-vision goggles’. True story.

edit: also, I still wish I had night vision goggles. For the night is dark and full of terrors.
                    Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 10-13-2021, 07:54 PM.

Comment

You cannot solve them in isolation. They must integrate. An answer cannot be true for one clue w/out considering all the other clues.
                      PS I believe the French phrase you wanted to use was, " au contraire. "
                      Last edited by 3dsp1415926535; 10-13-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

So I’m showing my kids all of the wonders of nature in the cold snow of Yellowstone and my son (5yrs old) gets into a cavalier mood and decides to sneak towards the bank of the Madison. Well if you guessed it, he lost his footing in the snow and dipped his leg in it. I quickly made haste and snatched him up and a lesson was learned. I don’t think he’ll be doing anymore cavalier things for now. Not until he’s learned the rules of nature. She can be unforgiving but rewarding if you treat her right. Anyways. what an exhausting day and I still have a mountain of chores to do. Snow brings plenty of mud and mud brings plenty of clothes that need to be cleaned. I guess it’s a good thing I was in the military and learned to just soldier on sometimes. Hopefully they open more of the Park tomorrow.

Comment

Whoa! Your "under the floorboards" comment reminded me of a story that Poe wrote!! I don't know if I would want THAT bloody gold!

Comment

You cannot solve them in isolation. They must integrate. An answer cannot be true for one clue w/out considering all the other clues.
                            But I’m not french

Comment

If you insult people by telling them what you think they meant, you could lose popularity points (that is, if you have any left to lose).
                              That's one reason I'm not going to go on and on and on and on about your last digit. Hee hee!

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun View Post
                                So I’m showing my kids all of the wonders of nature in the cold snow of Yellowstone and my son (5yrs old) gets into a cavalier mood and decides to sneak towards the bank of the Madison. Well if you guessed it, he lost his footing in the snow and dipped his leg in it. I quickly made haste and snatched him up and a lesson was learned. I don’t think he’ll be doing anymore cavalier things for now. Not until he’s learned the rules of nature. She can be unforgiving but rewarding if you treat her right. Anyways. what an exhausting day and I still have a mountain of chores to do. Snow brings plenty of mud and mud brings plenty of clothes that need to be cleaned. I guess it’s a good thing I was in the military and learned to just soldier on sometimes. Hopefully they open more of the Park tomorrow.
                                Have you told your kids not to eat the yellow snow?

Comment

Working...
                                X