Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can I only go back 9 months in my or other profiles of posters.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can I only go back 9 months in my or other profiles of posters.

kpro Message to Kpro. It can be interesting for searchers to go back in profiles of posters. You get a posting history when yoy simply click on the Thor-name of the poster. But that function seems to be limited to 9 months. For finding older posts of some posters, you can only find them if you have correct keywords corresponding with the title of the thread. Is it not possible to extend the history of profiles to longer tim periods? I see that many thread themes are coming back, but we cannot find what somebody posted more than 9 months ago. Is there a problem about memory, or something else?

After verification, it is not the number of months that is limited, but the number of posts….for frequent poster you can only go back a few months, please explain Kpro.
    Last edited by jan_v60; 10-09-2021, 02:32 PM.

If you think thats bad, try going forward, its even worse...

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
      If you think thats bad, try going forward, its even worse...
      I completely disagree. You build a future from lessons in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
        I completely disagree. You build a future from lessons in the past.
        Lets just meet in the middle...

Comment

Did anyone bring any presents?

Comment

9 months is the gestation period. Look under rock and roll

Comment

Nine months of school and then three months of freedom!

Comment

kpro Message to Kpro. It can be interesting for searchers to go back in profiles of posters. You get a posting history when yoy simply click on the Thor-name of the poster. But that function seems to be limited to 9 months. For finding older posts of some posters, you can only find them if you have correct keywords corresponding with the title of the thread. Is it not possible to extend the history of profiles to longer tim periods? I see that many thread themes are coming back, but we cannot find what somebody posted more than 9 months ago. Is there a problem about memory, or something else?

After verification, it is not the number of months that is limited, but the number of posts….for frequent poster you can only go back a few months, please explain Kpro.
                Yes, 'Jan', as you 'say' at the end of this post, it is THE NUMBER OF POSTS THAT'S LIMITED.....I believe to 500 that can be readily accessed/searched for from user profile.
                Many posters haven't reached 500 posts so it doesn't affect them in any way, but for frequent posters it seems to be 'one post in,
                one post out' once you've reached the 500 'cut-off' point. (the older posts remain, but can only be retrieved via a keyword search, as you suggested, I believe).

IMO, it would be useful to readily be able to access posts of many of the frequent posters as, IMO, many are CU. It's true, historical posts can give
                insight into the character of the poster, & sometimes contain hints.

For non-CU contributors/readers, it's interesting to note, there appears to be burying of your opening post with meaningless mumbo-jumbo !!

Comment

Originally posted by UNtitleD Brave View Post

Yes, 'Jan', as you 'say' at the end of this post, it is THE NUMBER OF POSTS THAT'S LIMITED.....I believe to 500 that can be readily accessed/searched for from user profile.
                  Many posters haven't reached 500 posts so it doesn't affect them in any way, but for frequent posters it seems to be 'one post in,
                  one post out' once you've reached the 500 'cut-off' point. (the older posts remain, but can only be retrieved via a keyword search, as you suggested, I believe).

IMO, it would be useful to readily be able to access posts of many of the frequent posters as, IMO, many are CU. It's true, historical posts can give
                  insight into the character of the poster, & sometimes contain hints.

For non-CU contributors/readers, it's interesting to note, there appears to be burying of your opening post with meaningless mumbo-jumbo !!
                  Yes, I also saw those meaningless posts. But I do not believe in an organised CU, approved by Forrest. If, I say if….such a CU would exist, I think Forrest was smart enough to have taken precautions to provide us ultimately with a decent ending of the chase/hunt. It is just a question of time and some patience IMO.
                  About the limited possibility to view older posts of other profiles, I think (hope) Kpro has read my question. I can imagine that her site software of this blog has built-in limitations, but probably she is searching if this limitation can be resolved. Wait and see, as I have a 100% conviction kpro is a honest person.

Comment

Yes, I also saw those meaningless posts. But I do not believe in an organised CU, approved by Forrest. If, I say if….such a CU would exist, I think Forrest was smart enough to have taken precautions to provide us ultimately with a decent ending of the chase/hunt. It is just a question of time and some patience IMO.
                    About the limited possibility to view older posts of other profiles, I think (hope) Kpro has read my question. I can imagine that her site software of this blog has built-in limitations, but probably she is searching if this limitation can be resolved. Wait and see, as I have a 100% conviction kpro is a honest person.
                    Nice back handed comment. I will also add , she is a very bright individual and will "see" right through your dime store attempt at reverse psychology to "get your way ".

Comment

In advanced search you can search by user and a date range. I just did it in your user name and it only went back 500 messages (seems to be the retrieval limit) back to 3-16-21. Since you joined the forum under this name on 8-26-20, I then searched from then till 3-15-20 and got 204 results. Since your profile shows 726 total posts, I can only conclude that you either deleted 22 posts or those posts are between 3-15 and the cutoff on 3-16. I could check but it’s a beach on mobile.

edit: or possibly those 22 are on different forums as I only searched Fenn’s and don’t know how the total is calculated. Or some combo or the above.
                      Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 10-10-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

Nice back handed comment. I will also add , she is a very bright individual and will "see" right through your dime store attempt at reverse psychology to "get your way ".
                        What’s your point? I don’t understand your “back handed comment - my dime store - reverse psychology.”. It sounds like something you don’t like. But please explain. My elephant skin can support it.
                        Last edited by jan_v60; 10-10-2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                          In advanced search you can search by user and a date range. I just did it in your user name and it only went back 500 messages (seems to be the retrieval limit) back to 3-16-21. Since you joined the forum under this name on 8-26-20, I then searched from then till 3-15-20 and got 204 results. Since your profile shows 726 total posts, I can only conclude that you either deleted 22 posts or those posts are between 3-15 and the cutoff on 3-16. I could check but it’s a beach on mobile.

edit: or possibly those 22 are on different forums as I only searched Fenn’s and don’t know how the total is calculated. Or some combo or the above.
                          I always had the same and unique user name. I edited certainly more than 22 messages and certainly did not delete 22 posts. I was only active on the Forrest Fenn blog.
                          But thank’s for your input.

Comment

I did a search and it goes all the way back, depending on the search term or user.
                            “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                              I did a search and it goes all the way back, depending on the search term or user.
                              Would it not be possible to go all the way back if you hit simply the name of a member? That is now limited to 500 posts. If this limit would be taken away, that would allow searching posts of an interesting poster without the need of keywords, because we do not know the keywords for discovering those older threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X