Forrest had always said he had a “hole card”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest had always said he had a “hole card”

hole card-(in stud or other forms of poker) a card that has been dealt face down.
    ​​​​​​
    -a thing that is kept secret until it can be used to one's own advantage.

Forrest said that if he ever wanted to go back and get the chest he had a “hole card”

Jack-a playing card bearing a representation of a soldier, page, or knave, normally ranking next below a queen.

“Life is a game of poker and happiness is the pot, fate deals you four cards and a joker and you play whether you like it or not”

Lumberjack-a person who fells trees, cuts them into logs, or transports them to a sawmill.

One could say a Forrest was felled by a lumberJack

Originally posted by DanNun View Post
    hole card-(in stud or other forms of poker) a card that has been dealt face down.
    ​​​​​​

Forrest said that if he ever wanted to go back and get the chest he had a “hole card”

Jack-a playing card bearing a representation of a soldier, page, or knave, normally ranking next below a queen.

“Life is a game of poker and happiness is the pot, fate deals you four cards and a joker and you play whether you like it or not”

Lumberjack-a person who fells trees, cuts them into logs, or transports them to a sawmill.

What is a Jack of all trades called?

Comment

Jack-take (something) illicitly; steal.

Douglas Preston said something like Forrest wanted someone to rob his grave and take it.

Jack-tired of or bored with someone or something.
      “ I’ve done it tired and now I’m weak”

Jack-a device for lifting heavy objects, especially one for raising the axle of a motor vehicle off the ground so that a wheel can be changed or the underside inspected.

“Heavy loads and water high”

Jack-Rabbit. Didn’t Forrest say something in TTOTC about someone standing around with big ears?

Coincidence? Probably…but it’s still interesting.

Comment

I'm not familiar with that one. Do you have a quote?

Comment

Originally posted by Gunrunner View Post

I'm not familiar with that one. Do you have a quote?
          At about 5:20 on Moby dickens interview is the exact quote.

Comment

hole card-(in stud or other forms of poker) a card that has been dealt face down. ​​​​​
            A hole card could be "a hole, car d(own)". Car is the left side (sinister) of something. A hole on the left side, down.

Comment

At about 5:20 on Moby dickens interview is the exact quote.
              OK, thanks. It sounds to me like his hole card is that he could go back and get it if he changed his mind, rather than if he changed his mind he had a hole card he could rely on.

Comment

​​​​​​

The phrase I have heard more common to "hole-card" is "Ace in the Hole"

Before I posted this I made a quick search & an old Kirk Douglas movie came up. I am really not a movie buff, but started watching ones tied to M C Cooper (a real Ace) after making the final connection. While this one is not his, or of his production company, RKO Radio Pictures, it still has a plot that can raise your eyebrows.
                For some reason (planted hint?) Wikipedia has an overly extensive section on the Plot Ace in the Hole (1951 film) - Wikipedia -- About 10 key words tie to Fenn chase & a similar one; Teal -- a dark shade of turquoise.
                And-- I will note a reference not familiar to me was Jaquet -- could it be the Swiss-made Jaquet Droz Luxury Watch? Like the 5:55/17:55 time laid out in timbers N & S of the tired mark at broken pi ?
                Last edited by 3dsp1415926535; 10-21-2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
                  What is a Jack of all trades called?
                  Master of none.

Comment

A minor hint; “hole”.

Comment

Originally posted by ICV. View Post

Master of none.
                      Master Jack

Comment

A hole card? An ace in the hole?
                        Sounds like a "one spot" to me.....

Comment

2 jokers. He’s playing both of them. Lucky sob drawed both. I was trying to run him down with a full house, aces over 8’s lol

Comment

Working...
                          X