Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zapster: "Game Over"?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Zapster: "Game Over"?

    I'm not so sure. I'm uncertain of the meaning, if this does have meaning...

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Dragon Bracelet.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	342147

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Alligator Hatching.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	342148

    Forrest cut his "umbilical cord"? A new dragon is crowned?

    Or it could mean that the "student has become the master."
    Not by besting (who could best the true master that Forrest is/was?), but by inheriting?
    But that doesn't necessarily mean the Chase will continue.
    I guess time will tell. But that could be the reason for this uncertain ending.

  • #2
    What "ending"? It looks like the Chase will dragon (for a wile).

    Comment


    • #3

      In Flanders we have an expression:

      Het spel is over, nu gaat het om de knikkers.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Walker View Post
        I'm not so sure. I'm uncertain of the meaning, if this does have meaning...

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Dragon Bracelet.jpg
Views:	794
Size:	351.6 KB
ID:	342147

        Click image for larger version

Name:	Alligator Hatching.jpg
Views:	724
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	342148

        Forrest cut his "umbilical cord"? A new dragon is crowned?

        Or it could mean that the "student has become the master."
        Not by besting (who could best the true master that Forrest is/was?), but by inheriting?
        But that doesn't necessarily mean the Chase will continue.
        I guess time will tell. But that could be the reason for this uncertain ending.
        Where are those pictures from? I don't recall seeing those before.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ICV. View Post

          Where are those pictures from? I don't recall seeing those before.
          The first was from one of the released "found" posts. The one with the first pictures of Forrest and Jack together with the treasure, at the lawyer's office. I think, anyways.
          The alligator hatching is just something I found on the internet and saved.
          You see, when I saw that first picture, after a while, I realized that it looked like the dragon coat bracelet was a baby hatching from an egg.
          It's all speculation, but it seems like a fit.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
            What "ending"? It looks like the Chase will dragon (for a wile).
            Haha! Yes, the chase ending is dragon arse.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Balder View Post
              In Flanders we have an expression:

              Het spel is over, nu gaat het om de knikkers.
              What is the English translation?

              Comment


              • #8
                The game is over, now it's about the marbles.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ICV. View Post
                  The game is over, now it's about the marbles.
                  I'll believe that, right up until someone yells "Squirrel".

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Suzy View Post

                    I'll believe that, right up until someone yells "Squirrel".
                     

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The band name is "Faun", which means Pan, the forest spirit and god of herders.
                      Federkleid is German and means plumage.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Walker View Post
                        I'm not so sure. I'm uncertain of the meaning, if this does have meaning...

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Dragon Bracelet.jpg Views:	360 Size:	351.6 KB ID:	342147

                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Alligator Hatching.jpg Views:	342 Size:	40.0 KB ID:	342148

                        Forrest cut his "umbilical cord"? A new dragon is crowned?

                        Or it could mean that the "student has become the master."
                        Not by besting (who could best the true master that Forrest is/was?), but by inheriting?
                        But that doesn't necessarily mean the Chase will continue.
                        I guess time will tell. But that could be the reason for this uncertain ending.
                        Your visual comparisons had many common points. Maybe a new alligator is crowned instead of a dragon. I could be slightly dense but an inheritance is not the reward for finding the chest. Forrest has many family members he could drop his inheritance on.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It may be a phoenix egg. Marvel gaze? X?

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Phoenix-egg.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.2 KB ID:	342356

                          ...I was blind. Blind to how the world worked…and then I met a man who taught me to see——see how things really were. I loved him for it. And because I loved him——because I believed in him, in a way, I worshiped him——I claimed the things that he had faith in as my own. He called it his dream. It was a good one. But the world, you see——the waking world——where we all live…it is a killer of dreams. A destroyer of things you believe in. So when I grew older, I realized it was foolish to…deify him. Honestly, it’s unfair to expect that kind of perfection from anyone. After all, we’re all flawed and imperfect. There is no real difference between any of us. No matter how much we believe the lie that there is. You see, he wasn’t a savior. He was just a man——a mutant——like me. And his dreams——which still make me smile to this day——are no more valid than anyone else’s. Including mine. I love the idea of that. The promise of it. So what’s my story? I’m a dreamer. I’m an X-Man.
                          -Cyclops (Scott Summers):
                          Last edited by Sirius B; 09-28-2021, 09:21 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The Chase was a game of poker
                            until some joker stole the pot
                            without showing his cards to the players.
                            Now we're left playing marbles and darts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

                              Your visual comparisons had many common points. Maybe a new alligator is crowned instead of a dragon. I could be slightly dense but an inheritance is not the reward for finding the chest. Forrest has many family members he could drop his inheritance on.
                              I think you misunderstood what I meant by inheritance. It's the passing of a baton.

                              Maybe it's true that the Thrill of The Chase wasn't really about searchers after a pot of gold, but rather about Forrest seeking someone who thought like him?
                              Did he find that someone? The true reward would not be gold, but an awakening of sorts.
                              Maybe I'm just being a romantic (and I am).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X