A significant thing Forrest said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A significant thing Forrest said

Of all the things I have read that Forrest said, I think one of the most significant things he said when answering the Six Questions on the Mysterious writings forum, that is a huge clue, not to the location of the treasure but how to approach figuring out the poem. Here it is:

"It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence"

This is just Forrest saying he likes to make people smile/laugh at what he writes.

He's not talking about like some actual smile inside the sentence.

Comment

Not referring to a smile but the fact that one might want to consider re-arranging letters or words to make sense of the poem's meaning. Such as the fact that if you re-arrange the letters in "Begin it where", can say "ignite bwhere"(beware). Could be a reference to the term "Fire in the hole" that is yelled when an explosive or cannon is lit. Forrest once said that the article in United Airlines magazine gave the search for the treasure the "ignition" to become known through out the nation and world and after that there was the "propulsion" to carry the story of the treasure forward.
      "Take it" in the canyon down. - "Take it" letters can be arranged to sat "Kite at". Perhaps this is a reference to flying at. So one could say it is saying, "Ignite it and fly it". Perhaps a reference to a rocket or missile? There is a geyser in Yellowstone right off the Gibbon river called Rocket Geyser. Just some random thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by bdalameda View Post
        Not referring to a smile but the fact that one might want to consider re-arranging letters or words to make sense of the poem's meaning. Such as the fact that if you re-arrange the letters in "Begin it where", can say "ignite bwhere"(beware). Could be a reference to the term "Fire in the hole" that is yelled when an explosive or cannon is lit. Forrest once said that the article in United Airlines magazine gave the search for the treasure the "ignition" to become known through out the nation and world and after that there was the "propulsion" to carry the story of the treasure forward.
        "Take it" in the canyon down. - "Take it" letters can be arranged to sat "Kite at". Perhaps this is a reference to flying at. So one could say it is saying, "Ignite it and fly it". Perhaps a reference to a rocket or missile? There is a geyser in Yellowstone right off the Gibbon river called Rocket Geyser. Just some random thoughts.
        I don't think so. That is messing with/overcooking the poem.

Comment

He rarely missed an opportunity to drop a hint, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by bdalameda View Post
            While I appreciate your imagination, I think it’s important to point out that FF said “arrange words” not letters of words.

Comment

"It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence"

An example of this might be “hint of riches new and old” meaning new and old hints, not new and old riches.

Another example might be “heavy loads and water high” meaning heavy loads and water are BOTH high.

Comment

I guess we've thrown out "straight forward."

Comment

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post
                  I guess we've thrown out "straight forward."
                  F rus straighted

Comment

Here's a little more to show the context of what Forrest said.
                    • 6Q) With Spring around the corner, the planning and search for your treasure will actively pick up again. I want to thank-you for sharing some of your favorite quotes during this cooler period of the hunt. I, and many others, have enjoyed them. In many of your books, interviews, etc., you so often share beautiful words filled with timeless wisdom. Would you be willing to share a few more that hold special insights or thoughts you hold close?

It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence.

If you were arranging a word only it could mean arranging the letters of the word as well as just changing the position of the particular words in a sentence. This could actually be interpreted either way.
                    Last edited by bdalameda; 09-24-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillbilly Hound View Post

An example of this might be “hint of riches new and old” meaning new and old hints, not new and old riches.

Another example might be “heavy loads and water high” meaning heavy loads and water are BOTH high.
                      Steam engines in tourist trains at 9,600 feet. Makes me smile every time I write it.
                      Begin it in the home of Brown where warm waters halt.

Comment

https://youtu.be/E4ZdQV9A87w

Comment

Originally posted by larsonist View Post

Steam engines in tourist trains at 9,600 feet. Makes me smile every time I write it.
                          You must have a personal secret the rest of us don't know about. Either that, or hefty 4x4 sandwich bag filled with gas.

Oh, alright. Don't get so upset. It was only a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post
                            He rarely missed an opportunity to drop a hint, IMO.
                            You got it Now go get to….

Comment

Let's not anagram let's keep it straight forward and not mess with his poem...

"Begin it where"
                              ​Pegi nite here
                              Dadi sit whole
                              Magic tim here
                              Map is ff my arm
                              Robin ff whole

This is one that makes me smile...
                              "And hint of riches new and old"
                              End historric house won gold

oh and this one too...
                              "Your quest to cease"
                              Hourd next to Couse