Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

He will, he's a little slow.
    LOL, now I see what you meant. Small word indeed.

I look forward to reading Part 2.

Thanks Globus!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo View Post

LOL, now I see what you meant. Small word indeed.

I look forward to reading Part 2.

Thanks Globus!
      You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Comment

Vertigo , your story is amazing. Your research and detective skills are off the charts. I don't know how you ever made it here, but I'm sure glad you did. It was certainly a big help to me. Hey, if you ever get involved in solving another mystery, please let me know - I'd try not to slow you down, but it would be fun watching you solve it. Anyway, it was a pleasure and maybe we'll see you around on -line. I don't see myself posting much unless someone finds a Dan Cooper comic collection in the Fenn Estate - that would be something. Live long and prosper Vertigo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Ward View Post
          Hey Vertigo, I missed this post last September. Your message seems to be full of subterfuge and you are making us dizzy.

You sound somewhat like a nooker who does not want us to know you are a nooker.

I find it unlikely that anyone would join the Chase after the chest was found and put time and effort into finding the location.

In my opinion, you are being deceitful and are trying to get us to believe something that is unbelievable...except for a few.

You remind me of Packer Jack. A highly successful man joins the hunt right before it is found, and then begins helping unfold a fictional story. The chest being sold to an Entity that turns out to be Justin Posey. Are you in league with Packer Jack and Justin?

"Nothing is as it seems". f

IMO
          Is there a particular nooker you have me pegged as? I hope not, given all my efforts at being uniquely Vertigo.

It's true that I joined the Chase well after the find. The treasure was gone, but the mystery and challenge remained.

I have absolutely no reason to be deceitful. Rest assured that I am not in cahoots with Packer Jack or Justin Posey.

Comment

I first heard about Forrest Fenn's treasure on Jan 9, 2021 while reading a blog dedicated to unlocking the mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370. In a comment on the blog, a user warned others about the dangers of cognitive bias. He wrote:

"I’d like to recommend an interesting vid. Recently the identity of the man who found the Forrest Fenn treasure was revealed. He had put out a video on his thinking about cognitive bias, not long before he traveled to his deduced location and directly found the chest of gold. The crux of his thinking was that he was not up against a puzzle master or genius of deception, but merely needed to take all the clues at their face value without layering on any complexity. By keeping his cognitive biases in check, he succeeded in a very short time where thousands of others had failed, including several who lost their lives trying."

I was hooked, despite the fact that the treasure had already been found, the finder identified, and Forrest Fenn had passed away. The solution to the poem was still a mystery, so the opportunity to solve it remained.

It's not fair to compare my situation with that of real searchers -- those who were on the hunt while the treasure was still up for grabs. Jack's cognitive bias video was the very first thing I consumed in relation to the chase; it primed me to avoid cognitive bias before expending an ounce of energy on the hunt. Real searchers didn't have that luxury.

Using the poem and the stories in The Thrill of The Chase, I compiled a potential solve by the end of January. I considered a few different places, but my best guess placed the treasure somewhere south of the Madison River near the fishing spot known as Nine Mile Hole.

I had vague ideas about the blaze, but they failed to grow into anything specific over the next three months. During that time, I began listening to ideas that searchers had shared since the start of the chase. It became apparent that many of the elements in my solve were old news; they were things that many searchers had been discussing for a long, long time.

Collectively, I believe searchers had many of the correct answers, and merely failed to piece them all together in just the right way. On May 1, I published that thesis in the thread titled Everything But The Blaze -- Madison (Nine Mile Hole). I was anticipating that news of the true solve might emerge in early June, following the first anniversary of the find date.

That didn't happen, but by then, I was interacting with users here on THOR and having fun. Elements of the solve were challenged, as it should be, but I felt like there was a reasonable answer to every concern. I was unable to visit Nine Mile Hole, but I was hopeful that the damaged blaze could be found there by enterprising searchers of similar mind.

Nearly five months after publishing that piece, irrefutable proof of the blaze near Nine Mile Hole has not been proffered; it's an unfortunate reality that the blaze may have been damaged beyond recognition. Personally, I'm satisfied with how the clues in the poem and stories in TTOTC fit with the area. I'm confident enough it was Forrest's special place.

As a latecomer to the chase, it's easy for me to move on from it. I appreciate that it's immensely more difficult for people who invested years of their time, and considerable dollars, in this pursuit. Some of those people have been able to find closure with the Nine Mile solve. I admire and applaud them for being open-minded.

Others will never accept it, and that's okay. For them, the chase may be more about the process than about the solution. Forrest said it himself with his oft-repeated quote: "They never knew it was the chase they sought, and not the quarry." I wish them well.

All of this to say that I probably won't be posting very much on THOR any more. I'm satisfied with my answers. If I helped a handful of people reach the same place, I'm glad. Thanks to all of you who shared ideas, debated thoughtfully, and tracked down clues. I won't name anyone specifically, for fear of leaving anybody out, but I trust you all know who you are.

I'll drop in from time to time to see if there's any breaking news, and I'll spiral in to different YouTube chats every now and then.

--Vertigo

Click image for larger version Name:	Vertigo.gif Views:	434 Size:	4.83 MB ID:	339958
            You said, “Others will never accept it, and that's okay. For them, the chase may be more about the process than about the solution. ”

Perhaps it’s more about the solution than the process for them.

Comment

I first heard about Forrest Fenn's treasure on Jan 9, 2021 while reading a blog dedicated to unlocking the mystery of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370. In a comment on the blog, a user warned others about the dangers of cognitive bias. He wrote:

"I’d like to recommend an interesting vid. Recently the identity of the man who found the Forrest Fenn treasure was revealed. He had put out a video on his thinking about cognitive bias, not long before he traveled to his deduced location and directly found the chest of gold. The crux of his thinking was that he was not up against a puzzle master or genius of deception, but merely needed to take all the clues at their face value without layering on any complexity. By keeping his cognitive biases in check, he succeeded in a very short time where thousands of others had failed, including several who lost their lives trying."

I was hooked, despite the fact that the treasure had already been found, the finder identified, and Forrest Fenn had passed away. The solution to the poem was still a mystery, so the opportunity to solve it remained.

It's not fair to compare my situation with that of real searchers -- those who were on the hunt while the treasure was still up for grabs. Jack's cognitive bias video was the very first thing I consumed in relation to the chase; it primed me to avoid cognitive bias before expending an ounce of energy on the hunt. Real searchers didn't have that luxury.

Using the poem and the stories in The Thrill of The Chase, I compiled a potential solve by the end of January. I considered a few different places, but my best guess placed the treasure somewhere south of the Madison River near the fishing spot known as Nine Mile Hole.

I had vague ideas about the blaze, but they failed to grow into anything specific over the next three months. During that time, I began listening to ideas that searchers had shared since the start of the chase. It became apparent that many of the elements in my solve were old news; they were things that many searchers had been discussing for a long, long time.

Collectively, I believe searchers had many of the correct answers, and merely failed to piece them all together in just the right way. On May 1, I published that thesis in the thread titled Everything But The Blaze -- Madison (Nine Mile Hole). I was anticipating that news of the true solve might emerge in early June, following the first anniversary of the find date.

That didn't happen, but by then, I was interacting with users here on THOR and having fun. Elements of the solve were challenged, as it should be, but I felt like there was a reasonable answer to every concern. I was unable to visit Nine Mile Hole, but I was hopeful that the damaged blaze could be found there by enterprising searchers of similar mind.

Nearly five months after publishing that piece, irrefutable proof of the blaze near Nine Mile Hole has not been proffered; it's an unfortunate reality that the blaze may have been damaged beyond recognition. Personally, I'm satisfied with how the clues in the poem and stories in TTOTC fit with the area. I'm confident enough it was Forrest's special place.

As a latecomer to the chase, it's easy for me to move on from it. I appreciate that it's immensely more difficult for people who invested years of their time, and considerable dollars, in this pursuit. Some of those people have been able to find closure with the Nine Mile solve. I admire and applaud them for being open-minded.

Others will never accept it, and that's okay. For them, the chase may be more about the process than about the solution. Forrest said it himself with his oft-repeated quote: "They never knew it was the chase they sought, and not the quarry." I wish them well.

All of this to say that I probably won't be posting very much on THOR any more. I'm satisfied with my answers. If I helped a handful of people reach the same place, I'm glad. Thanks to all of you who shared ideas, debated thoughtfully, and tracked down clues. I won't name anyone specifically, for fear of leaving anybody out, but I trust you all know who you are.

I'll drop in from time to time to see if there's any breaking news, and I'll spiral in to different YouTube chats every now and then.

--Vertigo

Click image for larger version Name:	Vertigo.gif Views:	434 Size:	4.83 MB ID:	339958
              You sound exactly like a charter member of the Fenn Disinformation and Propaganda Committee. Everything you said is pure nonsense and contrived to try and bring this hunt to an early end. Try again. There is absolutely nothing in the poem that leads to Wyoming or the Madison River. The entire solution must be in the poem, not the book. If the book is requrired then the hunt is illegal and Fenn made sure it was not illegal by freely giving away only the poem.

Comment

Originally posted by SophieDee View Post
                Sanjuro is better than Yojimbo The Hidden Fortress is next. It's where George Lucas got the idea for the Death Star.
                Yojimbo has a little more fighting, but Sanjuro has a little more subterfuge, which I enjoy.

I followed up with one I had not seen in a long time: Seven Samurai. Kyūzō (久蔵) is my favorite of the seven, hands down.

The Hidden Fortress has been added to the watchlist. Thanks!

P.S. Yomiuri Giants are 11 games back in the Central League with 20 games remaining. Doesn't look good for a pennant, but they should still make it to the Climax Series.
                Last edited by Vertigo; 11-22-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
                  Vertigo , your story is amazing. Your research and detective skills are off the charts. I don't know how you ever made it here, but I'm sure glad you did. It was certainly a big help to me. Hey, if you ever get involved in solving another mystery, please let me know - I'd try not to slow you down, but it would be fun watching you solve it. Anyway, it was a pleasure and maybe we'll see you around on -line. I don't see myself posting much unless someone finds a Dan Cooper comic collection in the Fenn Estate - that would be something. Live long and prosper Vertigo.
                  Must Listengood, that means a lot to me, thanks! You helped me too. I’m glad our paths crossed.

As for other mysteries, that sounds like good fun. I’d happily play Jupiter Jones if you would be Bob Andrews. We would need a Pete Crenshaw though, especially for BOTG work. Hmmm, does anyone come to mind?

Google those names if they aren’t familiar, or just watch the following video, which coincidentally was published just four days before I joined THOR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbMMY0nJD44

Click image for larger version

Name:	ThreeInvestigators.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	935.2 KB
ID:	358938

The speaker captures the essence of a series that influenced me, in retrospect, and perhaps played a part in bringing me here. Some highlights:

“The important thing about The Three Investigators books is, despite the supernatural sounding titles, the Three Investigators are very much grounded in reality.”

“The whole point of The Three Investigators is, despite appearances, Occam’s Razor still applies. The Three Investigators, and particularly the main one, Jupiter Jones, he believes very much in logic and common sense.”

“The Three Investigators would investigate these mysterious and seemingly supernatural events and then find the rational explanation for what was actually happening.”

I said in the original post that Jack’s cognitive bias video was the first thing I consumed in relation to the chase, and that it primed me to beware of cognitive bias before even starting the hunt. I suppose I was an easy candidate to be primed that way. Similar thoughts had been implanted long before then.

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we began and to know the place for the first time.” – T. S. Eliot

All the best Must Listengood!

Comment

Originally posted by pws111 View Post

You sound exactly like a charter member of the Fenn Disinformation and Propaganda Committee. Everything you said is pure nonsense and contrived to try and bring this hunt to an early end. Try again. There is absolutely nothing in the poem that leads to Wyoming or the Madison River. The entire solution must be in the poem, not the book. If the book is requrired then the hunt is illegal and Fenn made sure it was not illegal by freely giving away only the poem.
                    That's funny, did you read my message straightforwardly? Why would anybody do that?

It's a goodbye message, the end of Vertigo. "I go" is at the end of Vertigo. So why is it that I must go? This is telling you to remove the i's from the message.
                    It goes without saying that you also have to remove all spaces and punctuation, before arranging the letters neatly in grid fashion. That's just common sense.
                    260 i's will disappear. 239 individuals disappeared on Flight MH370 on March 8. That's 239+(3+7+0)+(3+8)=260, confirming that the removal of i's was correct.
                    In sport, a "flight" is a number of competitors grouped together by skill level. This is the hint to group 260 characters on each line (or level) of the message.
                    When the message is properly arranged this way, numerous hidden words will appear in up, down, and diagonal directions. I'll stop there.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. If you can unravel the rest of my goodbye message, it will blow your mind! Others are already on the trail.

Did you read my message as petty, simple prose?
                    No, my friend, it took me fifteen weeks to compose.
                    Should you find the answers that are contained therein,
                    Then spiral quickly to my spot and let the games begin!

Comment

So why is it that I must go? This is telling you to remove the i's from the message.
                      You're a sharp cookie, Vertigo. You are the first I've seen mention this - good on you. But remember it is "that I" (singular), not all i's. Only one is removed, IMO, and he told us which one: "So why is it".

Comment

Nice to know you and Cinthia had finally met.
                        First the "Flop", then the "Turn, then the "River"

The Turn/Green (Vert) is actioned that leads to the "River" confirmed( illusion).

MH370 disappeared without a trace nor a tincture. I think those here are extremely intelligent enough to paint the picture.

A Game Of Shadows.
                        "i" see your hands and call.

What was the date of the email exchange Dal had posted on his new now closed blog , of his exchange with FF about pulling the chest and ending the Chase?
                        December 7, 2019.- 1 year Delta. They like their simple number Codes , don't they.

https://youtu.be/aJ67Fz1Jf6E
                        Last edited by Alsetenash; 11-23-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
                          What a small world we have here. You read a comment by Ed Anderson on a blog about MH370, mentioning the cognitive bias video and Ed Anderson shortly after he posted Stuefs' cognitive bias video as a comment on another MH370 blog. What are the chances of that?

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20211120-195001_Firefox.jpg Views:	362 Size:	422.3 KB ID:	357883
                          If it happened, 100%. (Just like those two Civil War bullets that collided in mid-air, and fused together.)
                          Last edited by Old Pilot; 11-24-2021, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsetenash View Post
                            Nice to know you and Cinthia had finally met.
                            First the "Flop", then the "Turn, then the "River"

The Turn/Green (Vert) is actioned that leads to the "River" confirmed( illusion).

MH370 disappeared without a trace nor a tincture. I think those here are extremely intelligent enough to paint the picture.

A Game Of Shadows.
                            "i" see your hands and call.

What was the date of the email exchange Dal had posted on his new now closed blog , of his exchange with FF about pulling the chest and ending the Chase?
                            December 7, 2019.- 1 year Delta. They like their simple number Codes , don't they.

https://youtu.be/aJ67Fz1Jf6E
                            Alsetenash I've been sitting here for about fifteen minutes trying to decide what to say. Well, it's been thirty minutes now so I think I’ll pass. Merci.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1-XFXX8rU4&t=57s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8317VVohgMo
                            Last edited by Vertigo; 11-24-2021, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X