Cary Grant coincidences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cary Grant coincidences

Coincidentally, I'm now watching a movie with Cary Grant in it, while writing this.
    Coincidentally, FF mentioned Cary Grant in a story about Pony Ault.
    Coincidentally, FF said something about her leaving abruptly, with someone "in close trail".
    Coincidentally, he wrote a different version of that story, in which Pony preceded some man who was "in close follow".
    When FF wrote an aberration (i.e., changing a story), it was to bring attention to detail in what was written.
    Coincidentally, Cary Grant was in a movie called "North by Northwest".

It's not as easy to find these stories as it once was, but life is like that sometimes. Tougher and tougher. The toughest survive/succeed/write history.

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
    A classic.

Comment

It was pretty hard for me to get through that. Your name is showing.

Comment

Coincidentally, I'm now watching a movie with Cary Grant in it, while writing this.
        Coincidentally, FF said something about her leaving abruptly, with someone "in close trail".
        Coincidentally, he wrote a different version of that story, in which Pony preceded some man who was "in close follow".
        When FF wrote an aberration (i.e., changing a story), it was to bring attention to detail in what was written.

It's not as easy to find these stories as it once was, but life is like that sometimes. Tougher and tougher. The toughest survive/succeed/write history.
        I'm going to have to ask Dawn about your post. It seems loose lips could sink my ship!

1f Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

I'm going to have to ask Dawn about your post. It seems loose lips could sink my ship!

1f Billy
          I get it . . . Delta Dawn (you were hella ready for that) . . .

Comment

Probably just a faded rose from days gone by.

Comment

and a bull’s eye and D’s…

Click image for larger version

Name:	17FD18EA-9F16-4670-9CC3-E5AA5E997944.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	338239

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

and a bull’s eye and D’s…

Name:	17FD18EA-9F16-4670-9CC3-E5AA5E997944.jpeg
Views:	425
Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	338239
                Although I had decided not to lose too much sleep about Forrest praying for D's, I am impressed. Thank you.

Comment

Now that does it. I'm not telling Stan where that spot is.
                  1f Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post

A classic.

Compare that cropduster shot from North by Northwest with the "Heading South"-captioned pictured in TFTW, page 211 (and Scrapbook 13):

Name:	SB13_airplane.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	339431

Comment

I am unfamiliar w/ Fenn writings other than the poem & TTOTC, but I would suggest Pony Ault could be: Pon AU (oro/gold) y (and) IT which translates to: Put gold & IT when in translator there are 3 suggestions to use the Spanish conjunctive form of verb pon w/ attention, music, & camera, which is interesting. Otherwise, left in word order it seems nonsensical, unless it suggests buying gold put options and/or a Paris location of Au 17 (neg 7 in GPS) Centre d'Affaires where put is mettre. What do you hear?

The North by Northwest mention is also interesting to me in that the tiny triangular snippet of where the forest fen touches the national forest w/ a Spanish name, is the NW corner of the uppermost northern section and is close to the regional airport -- where the center line W GPS is Pi to 6 digits. NxNW is also an Alfred Hitchcock movie at a national forest w/ Eva Marie Saint, (holy, as is Santa in Spanish) who was also in Raintree County -- hint to Lake(tree) image in Lake County. Plus, reportedly, the fav movie of J.D. Salinger (author of Catcher in the Rye) was The 39 Steps which was also a Hitchcock movie. All besides the repetition of spy, railroad, flying, surreptitious message, chase. BTW -- N x NW = 14 3 13 4 -- mirrored and 1 as Fenn repeated often -- when N is positive & xNW are negative code.
                      I chased this too, but I'd rather not share what I found. An overview of the forest fen. A pin at the Ojo spot while also marking the Marvel Eye. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

Compare that cropduster shot from North by Northwest with the "Heading South"-captioned pictured in TFTW, page 211 (and Scrapbook 13):

Name:	SB13_airplane.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	339431

Name:	Cary Grant is IT    screen shot North by Northwest movie trailer (2).png
Views:	210
Size:	511.0 KB
ID:	341094

Comment

I will share the GPS I chased from your suggestion of movie which I obtained after I abbreviated it to NxNW which codes to a mirrored string and 1 as Fenn repeated: 39°14'03.0"N 106°13'04.0"W
                          This, zoomed out 1 time surprised me w/ image that mimics the main area & marking the hinted point in the forest fen -- the solve X & the Marvel Eye -- by the pin point & target/bullseye top. Also, note other images in close proximity such the pointed witch hat & 2 eyes next to a T, all positioned just as they are in the fen.
                          Zoom out 4 x more & note emergence of image of Russian -- interestingly, like the Russian artists Leon Gaspard and Nicolai Fechin as a Fenn reference I was previously unfamiliar with, mentioned recently in another thread to which I added several Fenn connections to their art. Zoom out again & you should be able to read Pigtail Gulch and Black Cloud Tailings Pond. Is that a Nija Turtle (frog) face next to it? Also, the Russian appears now to be telling a story to a young lad on his knee.

Besides the North by Northwest movie trailer of Cary Grant is "IT" posted above, see also these:
                          Note pattern in sign near Mt Rushmore: Chevron (Chevy) also pattern seen on astronaut walkway (aka Yellow Brick Road) at NASA Launch Complex 39 making reference to still another search leg theme.

Name:	Cary Grant in North by Northwest movie filmed near Mt Rushmore sign   note chevron.png
Views:	207
Size:	424.1 KB
ID:	341110
                          James Mason, Eva Marie Saint, & Cary Grant while filming North by Northwest near Mt Rushmore -- Note pile of rock in background -- Fenn's Ojo is pile of large smooth white stones in a 6' circle w/ an X on top by weathered timers.

Name:	Cary Grant w Mason and Saint at Mt Rushmore during filming of North by Northwest    Note pile of rock in background.png
Views:	185
Size:	165.9 KB
ID:	341111

Comment

Originally posted by 3dsp1415926535 View Post

I am unfamiliar w/ Fenn writings other than the poem & TTOTC, but I would suggest Pony Ault could be: Pon AU (oro/gold) y (and) IT which translates to: Put gold & IT when in translator there are 3 suggestions to use the Spanish conjunctive form of verb pon w/ attention, music, & camera, which is interesting. Otherwise, left in word order it seems nonsensical, unless it suggests buying gold put options and/or a Paris location of Au 17 (neg 7 in GPS) Centre d'Affaires where put is mettre. What do you hear?

The North by Northwest mention is also interesting to me in that the tiny triangular snippet of where the forest fen touches the national forest w/ a Spanish name, is the NW corner of the uppermost northern section and is close to the regional airport -- where the center line W GPS is Pi to 6 digits. NxNW is also an Alfred Hitchcock movie at a national forest w/ Eva Marie Saint, (holy, as is Santa in Spanish) who was also in Raintree County -- hint to Lake(tree) image in Lake County. Plus, reportedly, the fav movie of J.D. Salinger (author of Catcher in the Rye) was The 39 Steps which was also a Hitchcock movie. All besides the repetition of spy, railroad, flying, surreptitious message, chase. BTW -- N x NW = 14 3 13 4 -- mirrored and 1 as Fenn repeated often -- when N is positive & xNW are negative code.
                            I chased this too, but I'd rather not share what I found. An overview of the forest fen. A pin at the Ojo spot while also marking the Marvel Eye. . .
                            Too complicated and tedious . . . By the way, there was another change (that I didn't mention) in the Pony Ault story.

Comment

Pony Ault left the room with Cary Grant in close trail; Forrest Fenn searchers spent a decade looking for a word that is key.

Click image for larger version  Name:	NotoriousKey1.jpg Views:	8 Size:	1.17 MB ID:	341497

Click image for larger version  Name:	NotoriousKey2.jpg Views:	8 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	341498

Click image for larger version  Name:	NotoriousKey3.jpg Views:	8 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	341499

DISCLAIMER: This post is for entertainment purposes only. It will not help you solve Forrest Fenn's poem. Any connection between "Notorious" and "Vertigo" is purely coincidental. User is not associated with RKO Radio Pictures, or Alfred J. Hitchcock Productions. Cary Grant (1904-1986) and Ingrid Bergman (1915-1982) were paid actors.
                              Last edited by Vertigo; 09-25-2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X