Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why NOT 9 Mile Hole? Let me count the ways....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why NOT 9 Mile Hole? Let me count the ways....

Thought it would be good to have a separate thread to talk about possible reasons the 9 mile hole solve does not work. What are the flaws in this latest theory? I try not to get swept up with the latest developments unless there are facts. For starters I'm not convinced Jack was thecondor2 which a lot of the supporting "evidence" for 9 mile is based upon. I haven't been to this location so I can't speak with firsthand knowledge. I do have questions.

How can a spot so close to a parking lot yet treacherous enough to evade stumblers be safe enough for an elderly gentleman or young child?
    Why leave your partner in the car?
    How is imagination key in this solve?
    When asked about why the poem doesn’t rhyme he said, “I was limited in my ability” f. If the correct interpretation of the poem was so straight forward, what ability was he talking about?
    Why does one need a comprehensive knowledge of geography for this particular spot?
    Forrest said don't let logic distract you from the poem. Wouldn't that mean we shouldn't be too logical or oversimplify?

It was hard enough interpreting Forrest's words, now we have Jack's words clouding things. If you take Jack's words completely out of the picture and just use Forrest's words, are people just as confident in this location?

First, I will say I believe Jack is the Condor. As to why 9MH is wrong:

1. As I stated in my video, it doesn't fit the 200 foot comments.
    Let me add, they will try to get away from this conflict, but it's impossible. There is no question that dozens of searchers were within 20 feet of where they chest supposedly was.
    2. You don't have to know Forrest well to search there.
    3. The terrain is too rough.
    4. Their HOB is in the Madison, yet they Put in ABOVE it and not below.
    5. The clues are meaningless as there is nothing really between put in and the blaze. You are just walking from the parking lot to the creek and up. If that's correct, there would not be any need for 3 of the clues.
    6. There aren't borders there (at least not close enough for my liking).
    7. Jack said he did not post where he found it.
    8. The Condor stated he did not believe it was Madison Junction.
    9. The Condor stated it was a less obvious place.
    10. He said people deciphered the first 2 clues and walked past the rest. In the 9mh scenario, there is no walking past as nobody is walking from MJ to the 9mh parking area, they would simply drive to it.

That should get the convo started
    Last edited by My Chase Quest; 09-15-2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

1. As I stated in my video, it doesn't fit the 200 foot comments.
      2. You don't have to know Forrest well to search there.
      3. The terrain is too rough.
      4. Their HOB is in the Madison, yet they Put in ABOVE it and not below.
      5. The clues are meaningless as there is nothing really between put in and the blaze. You are just walking from the parking lot to the creek and up. If that's correct, there would not be any need for 3 of the clues.
      6. There aren't borders there (at least not close enough for my liking).
      7. Jack said he did not post where he found it.
      8. The Condor stated he did not believe it was Madison Junction.
      9. The Condor stated it was a less obvious place.

Thanks. #5 is a biggie for me. IMO if the clues are ambiguous as to which clue is which number, then one is just force fitting the location to the poem. How many times did he say use the poem like a map. The clues and their order should be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

Thanks. #5 is a biggie for me. IMO if the clues are ambiguous as to which clue is which number, then one is just force fitting the location to the poem. How many times did he say use the poem like a map. The clues and their order should be clear.
        I agree 100%.

Comment

Here are just some:

-The reasoning behind MJ is flawed: first they define the warm by simply being of higher temperature than the surrounding water. When it comes to the halt, though, they look at where the river stops, not where the warm stops - essentially they arbitrarily switch the semantics from the warm water to the the river itself.

- their definition of warm is subjective and therefore arbitrary

- the Madison solves don't comply with Forrest's statement that all you need is the poem and a good map. Across all four states there are other places with warm or hot water as well. The decision in favor of the Madison is completely arbitrary, and based on external knowledge.

- pretty much all explanations for why this spot would be so special for Forrest are pretty underwhelming (favorite fishing hole, fond memory, etc.), and they neither appreciate Forrest's aversion of reliving is past, nor do they respect his desire to conquer his dreams - Forrest said that he could imagine to live a 1000 years at that place; it would take denial to believe he was talking about a mere fishing place or a childhood memory.
          Last edited by rimsbrock; 09-15-2021, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rimsbrock View Post
            Here are just some:

-The reasoning behind MJ is flawed: first they define the warm by simply being of higher temperature than the surrounding water. When it comes to the halt, though, they look at where the river stops, not where the warm stops - essentially they arbitrarily switch the semantics from the warm water to the the river itself.

- their definition of warm is subjective and therefore arbitrary

- the Madison solves don't comply with Forrest's statement that all you need is the poem and a good map. Across all four states there are other places with warm or hot water as well. The decision in favor of the Madison is completely arbitrary.

- pretty much all explanations for why this spot would be so special for Forrest are pretty underwhelming (favorite fishing hole, fond memory, etc.), and they neither appreciate Forrest's aversion of reliving is past, nor do they respect his desire to conquer his dreams - Forrest said that he could imagine to live a 1000 years at that place; it would take denial to believe he was talking about a mere fishing place or a childhood memory.
            Nice points.

Comment

A larger point may be that it really seems like the good reasons why 9 mile is very unlikely for some of us is certainly obvious to the geniuses that presented it to us. It’s just another attempt to bamboozal us again. Is it only a coincidence that whenever a damning theory is presented, the same crowd rushes in to try to confuse us with more baloney?
              Last edited by Yellerstain; 09-15-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

HINT REMOVED.
                Last edited by UNtitleD Brave; 09-15-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Forrest said to be cautious and not take risks. He said safety should always be the first consideration. Knowing that this hunt was meant for families and people of all ages and abilities, any water crossing where you have to physically get in the water would violate these parameters IMO.

Comment

HINT REMOVED.
                    Last edited by UNtitleD Brave; 09-15-2021, 02:36 PM.

Comment

What map 'a good map' was used to distinguish this location from all other maps? Also, what was on the map that distinguished this special spot in relation to the poem?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
                        Forrest said to be cautious and not take risks. He said safety should always be the first consideration. Knowing that this hunt was meant for families and people of all ages and abilities, any water crossing where you have to physically get in the water would violate these parameters IMO.
                        I disagree here. There are many water crossings that absolutely safe even for children. However, the Madison may be a different story. I never crossed there.

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol

10. If the Madison is the "it" you are taking in the canyon down, why do you need to "put in" below the HoB? You are already IN the the river.
                          An why do you have to say "Begin it" where warm waters halt. Begin the Madison where warm waters halt. That IS where it begins, so it's redundant.

Comment

10. He said people deciphered the first 2 clues and walked past the rest. In the 9mh scenario, there is no walking past as nobody is walking from MJ to the 9mh parking area, they would simply drive to it.

11. If the Madison is the "it" you are taking in the canyon down, why do you need to "put in" below the HoB? You are already IN the the river.

Comment

I disagree here. There are many water crossings that absolutely safe even for children. However, the Madison may be a different story. I never crossed there.
                              True... I should've said any water crossing across a river like the Madison...

Comment

Working...
                              X