The archery approach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The archery approach

One approach (which I call "the archery approach") to solving the poem is to seriously consider that FF collected arrowheads, starting while quite young.
    It is believed that this treasure hunt has some relationship to the concept of a "cycle of life", that has a beginning point and an ending point, both of which
    have some similarities to one another. This concept has also been teased at in other (outside of this treasure hunt) venues, mentioning that when you are
    born and when you die you are typically (for all practical purposes) pretty much toothless, hairless, and unable to walk. But I digress.
    Forrest's quote from T.S. Eliot suggests to me that the beginning resembles the ending, so I want to introduce the idea of the possibility of finding an arrowhead near the
    hidey spot (perhaps signifying the finish of Forrest's life-long hobby of collecting/finding arrowheads). I understand that some arrowheads were made of "volcanic glass".

HINT REMOVED.
    Last edited by UNtitleD Brave; 09-15-2021, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      One approach (which I call "the archery approach") to solving the poem is to seriously consider that FF collected arrowheads, starting while quite young.
      It is believed that this treasure hunt has some relationship to the concept of a "cycle of life", that has a beginning point and an ending point, both of which
      have some similarities to one another. This concept has also been teased at in other (outside of this treasure hunt) venues, mentioning that when you are
      born and when you die you are typically (for all practical purposes) pretty much toothless, hairless, and unable to walk. But I digress.
      Forrest's quote from T.S. Eliot suggests to me that the beginning resembles the ending, so I want to introduce the idea of the possibility of finding an arrowhead near the
      hidey spot (perhaps signifying the finish of Forrest's life-long hobby of collecting/finding arrowheads). I understand that some arrowheads were made of "volcanic glass".
      While I was searching I found something that fits your description. It wasn't obsidian though. I noted its presence and continued on my (short) journey.
      There are probably a lot of those lying around undiscovered in the grass, though if standing in the right spot a searcher might see one.

​​​​​​​

Comment

Reminds me of kinda like tryin to find your car in a crowded parking lot....

Comment

Blindfolds and Jarts come to mind on this one.

Comment

In my opinion, it doesn't have to be an actual arrowhead. It can be an arrowhead shape on a map formed by the lines representing rivers, trails, etc. Finding an arrowhead in the ribs of a mammoth would be nice, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
              Forrest's quote from T.S. Eliot suggests to me that the beginning resembles the ending
              Indeed. You will likely find several aero's where you begin and another aero as you put it, "toothless, hairless, and unable to walk" anymore, at the end.

Comment

I wonder if there's a waterfall at the ending or if the ending resembles the beginning because they're both headfakes and disappointments. Maybe I'll never know. Hmm. Maybe I will. Only the shadow knows. Did you know thats the name of a rock in an Elvis movie? The rabbit holes on this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
                  Did you know thats the name of a rock in an Elvis movie? The rabbit holes on this thing.
                  Jailhouse rock?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BF99D446-6C82-460D-AD3E-3509577EA844.jpeg
Views:	157
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	337529
                    Originally posted by Castellaw1685

Don't ask me for answers. Ask them ^
                    I am only a shadow anymore.
                    Where does this rock come from?

Comment

Yup, I see it...!!!

Are you bragging or something?

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	19632429-7C91-485D-B639-50EF5821A787.jpeg Views:	4 Size:	170.0 KB ID:	337565

I saw a VERY big picture of that somewhere.

If I remember correctly somewhere north of Santa Fe.
                        Last edited by Balder; 09-15-2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

And I see something more.

Comment

Originally posted by dayooperseh? View Post
                            In my opinion, it doesn't have to be an actual arrowhead. It can be an arrowhead shape on a map formed by the lines representing rivers, trails, etc. Finding an arrowhead in the ribs of a mammoth would be nice, I think.
                            Your O-pinion smells like all the rest Dayoop.
                            Now don't you have a vintage Rickshaw
                            on which to ride off into the burnt orange sky?
                            Don't forget to crank your Van-Morr-i-son
                            on the 8-track Slumdog Thrillionaire!
                            Last edited by Donkey O.D.; 09-15-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Balder View Post
                              And I see something more.
                              Nice comb-over asshat.
                              You should name your change
                              to the BigBlind.
                              Fenn had a point,
                              but then like a 13 y.o.
                              with homework,
                              he ate it
                              and left the rest of us
                              just like you.

want proof? https://www.outdoorlife.com/hunting/...lics-in-gator/

Comment

Working...
                              X