My solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My solution

I will admit to initially being very disappointed when the chest was found. Interestingly I discovered that quickly passed and I felt really good about what I had done. I corresponded often with Mr. Fenn and occasionally got a reply. Never a confirmation, of course, but I did feel understanding him was the key to understanding the solution.

I spent three summers running back and forth from my home for about 21 trips to the area where I believed the poem sent me and each trip I managed to acquire a bit more knowledge and learned a tremendous amount about myself. In reviewing my correspondence with Mr. Fenn I realized I had promised Mr. Fenn I would solve the poem. I never promised him I would retrieve the chest. In the end I was very satisfied with my effort and after much thought have decided to share the process by which I located the hiding place of the chest.

Of course, I did not retrieve the chest so many of you will say I am wrong. I don't care what you think to be honest. I will be happy to share my process but let the debate occur elsewhere. My participation in the chase ended a year ago. Some of the information I will share was available online and some of it was not. Some may claim there are coincidences and copyright infringement and the such and I do not care about any of that. I will simply share my process and solution that took me to a very special place indeed.

After spending three summers at this place I have to tell you my heart will always long to be there. It was difficult to get to and there were a few times I wasn't sure I'd make it without help. But I managed to find a way and I think my parents would have been surprised at what I had to be able to do to get there and back. I saw moose, elk, antelope, beautiful birds, lots of mosquitos, rabbits, groundhogs, horses, dogs, and lots and lots of sage and cactus along the way. But the area will always hold a piece of my heart.

Over the next few... however long it takes, I will lay out the process and logic that took me to this place. It won't be every day and at times there will be a few gaps of time between posts but if you stay with me I promise to give you something to think about. Make sure you have Google Earth working or use the satellite view on Google if you don't have Earth. It will come in handy. Get a copy of the poem, just the poem, because that will be our guide. There will be some outside quotes from Mr. Fenn and some from a few others to let us know we're on the right track. The scrapbooks will also help us know we're getting close.

I'll start with the first part in a day or so. Badgering me, or posting in this section will just make it more difficult to find the information. Remember, I do not care whether you agree or disagree with me. I have turned off contacting and messaging me and will not be reading any messages I may receive. I never retrieved the chest and can't prove it was the actual location. I'm here to prove nothing nor inflate my ego. But I may surprise you with what I have. I just thought others might want to see what I have done.

If you'll just post the final location that your solve leads to, I'd appreciate it. Or, I might be interested in your solve, shown in 9 parts . . . with each respective part, in order, briefly telling us what your solve is for one specific clue being discussed. As long as it looks reasonable, I'll keep reading (if you keep it brief).
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 09-15-2021, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

Trick question, the answer is Wyoming! HA!
      To my unlimited knowledge, FF never stated that the treasure chest was found in the State of Wyoming.
      (That's what you wanted me to say, huh?)
      Last edited by Old Pilot; 09-17-2021, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

FF never stated that the treasure chest was found in the State of Wyoming.
        Which TC?

Comment

If you'll just post the final location that your solve leads to, I'd appreciate it. Or, I might be interested in your solve, shown in 9 parts . . . with each respective part, in order, briefly telling us what your solve is for one specific clue being discussed. As long as it looks reasonable, I'll keep reading (if you keep it brief).
          Wow

Comment

Thanks for the long post, telling us you will be posting. At least give us the state first, so we know if we need not read.

Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
              Thanks for the long post, telling us you will be posting. At least give us the state first, so we know if we need not read.

Thanks...
              Before two weeks I was convicted that only WY could be correct. But now I’m hesitating that more States could be involved. One option is more treasures (as I explained in my thread about SB 243). Another option is more chests, but only one treasure. In the last option the searcher should find 3 chests before he could find the chest with the treasure. This last chest has to be in Wyoming, because Forrest Fenn declared under oath it was retrieved from Wyoming. So the hunt for a complete solve was “halted” , but not necessarily the hunt for the complete solve of the poem, which could give title to the gold. Jack retrieved the treasure chest, but IMO has not yet title to the gold.

Comment

Originally posted by PoemWalker View Post

Over the next few... however long it takes, I will lay out the process and logic that took me to this place. It won't be every day and at times there will be a few gaps of time between posts but if you stay with me I promise to give you something to think about. Make sure you have Google Earth working or use the satellite view on Google if you don't have Earth. It will come in handy. Get a copy of the poem...
                Need to borrow some paper?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	post-it-single.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	337663
                Anybody got a copy of the poem I can borrow?

Comment

Does your solve involve brown trout?

Comment

FF never stated that the treasure chest was found in the State of Wyoming.
                    Please Old Pilot , tell us what Forrest really was saying about Wyoming, and what your interpretation is if it wasn’t the State.
                    The same day, the announcement by Forrest was made that the treasure was found in Wyoming, I made my own interpretation of Wy Oming, (see picture) , Click image for larger version

Name:	E97076BF-6701-4E14-9374-F5DDEF56BF2A.jpeg
Views:	402
Size:	426.3 KB
ID:	337672 that I even sent to Forrest. But probably my imagination was too limited. And my interpretation didn’t help me to solve the poem. So please, explain what Wyoming means in your interpretation.
                    Last edited by jan_v60; 09-15-2021, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Okay, it's time to get started. Feel free to agree or disagree. It matters not to me. I don't have the chest and you probably don't either. So who's the smart one? Certainly not me.

Before I begin to lay out the clues you need to understand the solution isn't going to be a A to B to C type of solve. The clues will come out in the order I discovered them. Some clues came from websites. Most came from Mr. Fenn's book and the really good ones came from the poem.

In order for Mr. Fenn to tell you EXACTLY how to locate the chest he had to be pretty explicit. The directions had to be exact and take you to a definite location that is absolutely unambiguous. But he had to hid those instructions and he hid them in the poem. So here is one thing I discovered early on. It took Mr. Fenn 10 years or so to construct the poem because he not only hid the instructions very cleverly but also told you, without hiding anything, how to reach the treasure. He also constructed maps inside the poem.

To reiterate, Mr. Fenn's poem tells you how to get to the chest, he tells you where to start and where to end up and includes a set of maps inside the poem. Any other solution you might have imagined or simply fantasized about was never going to work. You had to follow his instructions and they were in the poem. And it wasn't easy because it wasn't obvious for a long time.; at least to me.

To answer the question that has been asked since the beginning: did Mr. Fenn put clues in the book or in the pictures or in the drawings? Absolutely, positively, yes he did and in time I will begin to reveal them to you.

Remember the quote where Mr. Fenn said it was within 200 feet of where he parked his car... the location of the chest was exactly 200 feet from where you would park. I know because I went up there many times but I wasn't interested in the chest. I was interested in the solution. Personal reasons and I'll keep them to myself but solving that poem was more important to me than anything else for a good three years.

In the next installment I'll reveal the clue that got me started. I didn't come up with it but someone did and I thank them for it. I needed that help because I wasn't smart enough to figure it out. But once I got that clue I was off to explore the Rockies. And I will tell you this. Looking for that chest was the smartest thing I ever did in my entire life. It changed everything for me and literally changed my life for the better. Along the way you'll learn a bit about fish and fishing and animals how to interpret vague clues when the solution is literally staring you in the face.

A friend asked me today why I was revealing the solution. Because I know everyone wants closure. Unfortunately Mr. Fenn died so he'll not be able to reveal the solution. And the solver has said he will never reveal the solution. That makes your solution or my solution the correct one because there is no one around who knows to refute it. Time will tell if my solution takes you someplace special. I personally think it will. I spent two summers there and I miss it every day of my life. I also know I will likely never return which makes it all the more special.

Till next time...

Comment

Okay, it's time to get started. Feel free to agree or disagree. It matters not to me. I don't have the chest and you probably don't either. So who's the smart one? Certainly not me.

Before I begin to lay out the clues you need to understand the solution isn't going to be a A to B to C type of solve. The clues will come out in the order I discovered them. Some clues came from websites. Most came from Mr. Fenn's book and the really good ones came from the poem.

In order for Mr. Fenn to tell you EXACTLY how to locate the chest he had to be pretty explicit. The directions had to be exact and take you to a definite location that is absolutely unambiguous. But he had to hid those instructions and he hid them in the poem. So here is one thing I discovered early on. It took Mr. Fenn 10 years or so to construct the poem because he not only hid the instructions very cleverly but also told you, without hiding anything, how to reach the treasure. He also constructed maps inside the poem.

To reiterate, Mr. Fenn's poem tells you how to get to the chest, he tells you where to start and where to end up and includes a set of maps inside the poem. Any other solution you might have imagined or simply fantasized about was never going to work. You had to follow his instructions and they were in the poem. And it wasn't easy because it wasn't obvious for a long time.; at least to me.

To answer the question that has been asked since the beginning: did Mr. Fenn put clues in the book or in the pictures or in the drawings? Absolutely, positively, yes he did and in time I will begin to reveal them to you.

Remember the quote where Mr. Fenn said it was within 200 feet of where he parked his car... the location of the chest was exactly 200 feet from where you would park. I know because I went up there many times but I wasn't interested in the chest. I was interested in the solution. Personal reasons and I'll keep them to myself but solving that poem was more important to me than anything else for a good three years.

In the next installment I'll reveal the clue that got me started. I didn't come up with it but someone did and I thank them for it. I needed that help because I wasn't smart enough to figure it out. But once I got that clue I was off to explore the Rockies. And I will tell you this. Looking for that chest was the smartest thing I ever did in my entire life. It changed everything for me and literally changed my life for the better. Along the way you'll learn a bit about fish and fishing and animals how to interpret vague clues when the solution is literally staring you in the face.

A friend asked me today why I was revealing the solution. Because I know everyone wants closure. Unfortunately Mr. Fenn died so he'll not be able to reveal the solution. And the solver has said he will never reveal the solution. That makes your solution or my solution the correct one because there is no one around who knows to refute it. Time will tell if my solution takes you someplace special. I personally think it will. I spent two summers there and I miss it every day of my life. I also know I will likely never return which makes it all the more special.

Till next time...
                        The Poem is the last and ultimate authority and it can easily refute any solution, even yours. So tread lightly with your pronouncements, the Poem is listening.

Comment

Remember the quote where Mr. Fenn said it was within 200 feet of where he parked his car... the location of the chest was exactly 200 feet from where you would park.
                          Uh-oh. Finding that quote is going to be a problem for you. And you can be sure folks are going to ask you to produce it. If Fenn had ever said that it would have been talked about so much you should be able to find it just about anywhere, but that's not the case at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunrunner View Post
                            Need to borrow some paper?

Name:	post-it-single.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	337663
                            Anybody got a copy of the poem I can borrow?

1.As I have gone alone in there
                            And with my treasures bold,
                            I can keep my secret where,
                            And hint of riches new and old.

2.Begin it where warm waters halt
                            And take it in the canyon down,
                            Not far, but too far to walk.
                            Put in below the home of Brown.

3.From there it’s no place for the meek,
                            The end is ever drawing nigh;
                            There’ll be no paddle up your creek,
                            Just heavy loads and water high.

4.If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
                            Look quickly down, your quest to cease,
                            But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
                            Just take the chest and go in peace.

5.So why is it that I must go
                            And leave my trove for all to seek?
                            The answers I already know,
                            I’ve done it tired, and now I’m weak.

6.So hear me all and listen good,
                            Your effort will be worth the cold.
                            If you are brave and in the wood
                            I give you title to the gold.

Begin it in the home of Brown where warm waters halt.

Comment

I apologize for a misstatement. The quote I was thinking of came from the poem Little Gidding that Forrest led us to. There will likely be a few misstatements on my part and I will do my best to catch them before they appear in writing. It has been over a year since I studied the poem and memory does slip by.

The quote I was thinking of is "The end is where we start from." You wouldn't have known this was important except for the fact that Forrest led us to the idea. He put the colophon at the end of the book. The two Omegas. This was not an accident and you'll need them before you're finished.

So here we go. I recall the Cowlazars video where he discussed finding what might have been a major clue. Warm waters halt the the T. Start spelling the words, not word, TREASURES down through the poem. And to do it you have to slide each line back and forth until you the the words spelled out. There are multiple solutions to this but only one will give you the map. I recall reading about this idea online and the gentleman who wrote it said there was a second solution that spelled something out but he did not state what that was. I am interested in what that might have been so if you know... please post. I'm certain I didn't find all the clues.

Name:	Clue #1.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	338168
                              And so we have the phrase TRY THE WHEEL WY MT END(s) AT OAK TRE

Most took this clue to mean the Medicine Wheel in northern Wyoming. I did as well after a lot of research. I just couldn't find another landmark or any kind that worked as well.

So we have our starting point but it doesn't tell us much. Or so it seemed at the time. Was it WYoming MonTana or WYoming MounTain? Who knew, because I certainly did not. I just knew I had a starting point.

The scrapbooks mentioned Porcupines and there is a creek that runs east to west about five miles north of the wheel called Porcupine Creek. It cascades down the rocks at a place appropriately named Porcupine Falls. From there the creek moves toward the Big Horn Lake through an area known as Devil Canyon. At times it moves into Montana and back to Wyoming. The canyon is very, very deep - about 800 feet. Stay clear.

I tried going to Porcupine Creek but decided that wasn't the right area.

Name:	20170626_130517.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	5.12 MB
ID:	338169
                              Honestly this is the best photo I have ever taken. On this trip I saw Elk and Moose and not one human being the entire day. Luckily I was prepared and had experience in the wild. Porcupine Creek is seen about halfway down in the photo where the line of trees is located. At that point it is about 50 feet across, slippery as glass and perhaps 1/8th of a mile of where the water falls into Devil Canyon. I crossed this stream totally by myself four times and I do not recommend doing so. I was lucky; I never slipped even once, stayed dry the entire time (not my feet) and took my time. It did not have to end the way it did.

I fell in love with the Porcupine Creek area and would spend the rest of my life there. You are about 10,000 feet high. It is like an area that time forgot. The Medicine Wheel is up near the top of the mountain to the right.

I went to this area several times but mostly to explore one area. It had the shape of a greek letter so I figured it had to be the place. It was not.

Toward the end of the summer of 2017 I located an area of great interest. So great, in fact, I was willing to risk it all to get there. This was about the time I began referring to the chest as a box of rocks. I found it took all the pressure off and ended my risk taking.

The place I discovered was Brown's Spring.

Looking at a drawing on page??? you can see Mr. Fenn looking toward the moon at a 45 degree angle. Measure it and you'll see that's the angle. And looking just to the right of the moon you will see, with a bit of smudging, the number 45. So from the Medicine Wheel I moved to the left, or Northwest, at a 45 degree angle.

Follow the 45 degree line up and and a bit south of where the 10 mile mark crosses the 45 degree line, you will find very near Porcupine Creek a place called Brown’s Spring.

If you go to that location you will see the altitude is 5658 ft which is in the altitude range of 5000 to 10,200 feet. You will also see a very large tree that I suspect is an Oak Tree. It’s a spring so the treasure is wet and there is a road to take you straight to the location. You will not have to walk very far.

The circle of 10 (ground) miles and the 45 degree line intersect very, very near Brown’s Spring, WY. This crossing is the crossing of the two ENDs in the first clue solution. This is the blaze.

The point where the two ends cross, the 10 mile circle and the 45 degree line, also known as the blaze, occurs in lot 10 on the topographic map. Approximately due south or “quickly down” from there is the location of Brown’s Spring where the chest is located.

This is the location of the treasure. Every clue in the poem that I have discovered is satisfied by this location.
                              Update: The road to this location is nearly impassable even in perfectly dry weather. The rocks are very numerous and sharp and can easily cause a flat. This is a long road and you are totally on your own out there. Brown’s Springs is NOT the location of the chest.

It was in late September, I believe, when I decided to go to Brown's Spring. There was some snow on the ground up around Porcupine and the day was dark and gray. But I decided to go because I knew if Mr. Fenn sent me there I would be okay. Note to self: Make sure where you are going is really where Mr. Fenn intended you to go. The road was very rough, muddy and I nearly got stuck several times. As I was at one of turnoffs I did actually get to a point where the vehicle would go no further. The mud was terrible. It had started to rain as I gained altitude and that had turned into snow. I was scared, excited, and totally out of my element. Getting stuck in the mud saved me big time.

I put the vehicle into reverse and finally was able to back out and turn around and head back down the mountain road. I had no idea at the time that it was that trip that gave me the area where the chest was hidden. It took me two hours to spray all the rich, iron laden mud from underneath the vehicle. Not fun.

Before ending remember Mr. Fenn was always posting photos of himself with symbols clearly visible in them. Sometimes they were circles, horseshoes, all kinds of shapes and such. Not accidental and we'll begin to make use of this in the next installment.

Comment

Working...
                              X