9 Mile Hole 200 foot searchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 Mile Hole 200 foot searchers

A very brief video on my thoughts on 9 mile hole and Forrest's comments about the 200 foot searchers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPbpiLAK1xg

I think you make some valid criticism for that exact X, but do you also think this excludes that whole location? What if the chest was 200' away from the creek or 200' away from the river elsewhere?
    Rudy Green[e]
    whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post
      I think you make some valid criticism for that exact X, but do you also think this excludes that whole location? What if the chest was 200' away from the creek or 200' away from the river elsewhere?
      I can only work with what has been presented. But yes, generally I discount the general location for a few reasons. One I mentioned in the video....that he said he didn't know the guy knew him so well. You don't have to know much of fenn to know that 9 mh was important to him.

Comment

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post
        A very brief video on my thoughts on 9 mile hole and Forrest's comments about the 200 foot searchers.

Love it, common sense in action.

I am beginning to get annoyed by the mass delusion about MJ and 9MH, since it is so obviously not the correct place. It is disappointing that users like Zapster are consistently overlooked, even though he brings the finest arguments debunking these Madison solves. At this point, people simply chose the Madison to be the correct location, while keeping their critical thinking locked up in the basement; it is an entirely false assumption that Forrest's connection to the correct place has to be apparent.
        Last edited by rimsbrock; 09-15-2021, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Ty for the video. However you make an assumption that "within 500ft" means exactly 500ft. I don't think it does. I don't think FF was telling you they were exactly 500ft from it. Especially since he told Dal to his face and also in an email that Dal drove within 100 yards of it. So that means within 300 ft of the road not the parking spot.

I don't think it is as deep as Kpro went. I think it is closer than 500 ft from the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

Ty for the video. However you make an assumption that "within 500ft" means exactly 500ft. I don't think it does. I don't think FF was telling you they were exactly 500ft from it. Especially since he told Dal to his face and also in an email that Dal drove within 100 yards of it. So that means within 300 ft of the road not the parking spot.

I don't think it is as deep as Kpro went. I think it is closer than 500 ft from the parking lot.
            But Cary, being closer in validates my point even more.

Comment

You may be overestimating the number of searchers who were on the south side of the Madison at Nine Mile Hole. The first example you mentioned was Marti (Diggin' Gypsy) and there's no question she was there in the early years of the chase. The only other example you mentioned was Ben. Let's be real; Ben went there for the first time just a few weeks ago.

Like Ben, many searchers went there for the first time this year, well after the chest was retrieved, and after the spotlight had been placed on Nine Mile Hole. The fact is, we don't know how many people went there before the treasure was retrieved. Rudy reached lower Nine Mile in 2017, but not the creek area. If you can't name anyone besides Marti, you're just guessing.

Even if we assume your guess is correct, so what? With the amount of brush, new growth and deadfall in the vicinity of that creek, a 10" x 10" chest can easily be overlooked by dozens of searchers. Jack spent 25 days in a football field sized area before finding the chest. If dozens of people searched the area, that doesn't mean they all informed Forrest of their precise search location.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo View Post

You may be overestimating the number of searchers who were on the south side of the Madison at Nine Mile Hole. The first example you mentioned was Marti (Diggin' Gypsy) and there's no question she was there in the early years of the chase. The only other example you mentioned was Ben. Let's be real; Ben went there for the first time just a few weeks ago.

Like Ben, many searchers went there for the first time this year, well after the chest was retrieved, and after the spotlight had been placed on Nine Mile Hole. The fact is, we don't know how many people went there before the treasure was retrieved. Rudy reached lower Nine Mile in 2017, but not the creek area. If you can't name anyone besides Marti, you're just guessing.

Even if we assume your guess is correct, so what? With the amount of brush, new growth and deadfall in the vicinity of that creek, a 10" x 10" chest can easily be overlooked by dozens of searchers. Jack spent 25 days in a football field sized area before finding the chest. If dozens of people searched the area, that doesn't mean they all informed Forrest of their precise search location.
                The inability to find the chest is not my point. My point was that Forrest said only a few people were within 200 feet. That simply cannot be the case if it's 500 feet from the parking area. Way too many people searched there. And I said 5 other searchers had mentioned searching there (I meant before it was found).

Comment

The inability to find the chest is not my point. My point was that Forrest said only a few people were within 200 feet. That simply cannot be the case if it's 500 feet from the parking area. Way too many people searched there. And I said 5 other searchers had mentioned searching there (I meant before it was found).
                  Forrest did not say only a few people were within 200 feet. He could not possibly know that. In order to make a statement like that, he would have to know every location that had ever been searched by every single participant in the chase.

What he said is that "some have come within 200 feet," or "searchers have come within about 200 feet," or "people have been within 200 feet." That is entirely different. Forrest was aware of some. There could have been more, even many more, that Forrest was not aware of.

You said "Way too many people searched there," but you've only named one. Let's assume these 5 other searchers were there as well. Heck, let's bump that number up to 50, for argument's sake. So what? Is there evidence that all of these people informed Forrest of their precise location, and that Forrest acknowledged receiving that info?

Comment

Forrest said not that many were within 200. He also said in a recording that only few or a couple groups were within 200. But it was certainly a limited number. Ita naive to think more than several searchers that searched that area didn't contact him and tell him where they were searching.

Comment

Forrest said not that many were within 200. He also said in a recording that only few or a couple groups were within 200. But it was certainly a limited number. Ita naive to think more than several searchers that searched that area didn't contact him and tell him where they were searching.
                      Really? Can you provide any of these quotes? Considering how careful Forrest tended to be with his words, I'm very skeptical that he ever said anything like that. Either way, your argument boils down to guessing about an unknown quantity based on no actual information, correct? You've decided how many people are likely to have been up that creek to that distance, based on nothing?

I'm not fully sold on 9MH, and you can look through my posting history to confirm that, but the arguments presented against it recently are either just plain stupid or misinformed about what the solve actually entails (as far as I know no one is claiming the treasure was actually AT the hole, considering that's a feature in the river...).

Comment

Originally posted by BobLob View Post

Really? Can you provide any of these quotes? Considering how careful Forrest tended to be with his words, I'm very skeptical that he ever said anything like that. Either way, your argument boils down to guessing about an unknown quantity based on no actual information, correct? You've decided how many people are likely to have been up that creek to that distance, based on nothing?

I'm not fully sold on 9MH, and you can look through my posting history to confirm that, but the arguments presented against it recently are either just plain stupid or misinformed about what the solve actually entails (as far as I know no one is claiming the treasure was actually AT the hole, considering that's a feature in the river...).
                        Who said it was at the hole? Not me. He definitely said something similar to that. The exact number is not known, but the fact that it is a lot is known. I have communicated with 7 searchers near my general area all of whom contacted Forrest. And my area is much less searched that 9mh. This is a completely valid reason to disregard it. Ask kpro she will back this up about the 200 footers so will many others.

And I'll add, Jack (The Condor) said that while he was searching that area, he ran into another searcher. That is one guy on one day and 2 people were there. How many you think were there in 10 years. C'mon.
                        Last edited by My Chase Quest; 09-15-2021, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Who said it was at the hole? Not me. He definitely said something similar to that. The exact number is not known, but the fact that it is a lot is known. I have communicated with 7 searchers near my general area all of whom contacted Forrest. And my area is much less searched that 9mh. This is a completely valid reason to disregard it. Ask kpro she will back this up about the 200 footers so will many others.
                          Let me know if this quote looks familiar to you: "This is a great point. Forrest saying that he had only visited the spot a few times is definitive proof it's not 9mh, which we all know he's been to tons of times."

And just to confirm, that's a no, you can't provide the actual quotes. That's not surprising, because Forrest never said something similar to that. If you're going to pretend to debunk something based on poor logic, you should probably at least get the initial source correct. And no, it's not known how many people actually went up the creek above 9MH, but I'd guess it was not very many (not that this would be a pertinent piece of evidence either way).

Comment

Originally posted by BobLob View Post

Let me know if this quote looks familiar to you: "This is a great point. Forrest saying that he had only visited the spot a few times is definitive proof it's not 9mh, which we all know he's been to tons of times."

And just to confirm, that's a no, you can't provide the actual quotes. That's not surprising, because Forrest never said something similar to that. If you're going to pretend to debunk something based on poor logic, you should probably at least get the initial source correct. And no, it's not known how many people actually went up the creek above 9MH, but I'd guess it was not very many (not that this would be a pertinent piece of evidence either way).
                            You sir are wrong. He did say it. I can't help it if you don't have the capacity to remember quotes.

Comment

I think Mr F said that he knew some searchers were within 200ft because they sent him photos, and the 200 ft is pretty accurate.
                              It seems there would have to be a landmark where they are taking the photo from. I mean, how would he know they were 200 ft from it if it's just some random looking forest in the photo?

Comment

Working...
                              X