Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SB 243 is that about the ending of the chase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sally View Post

Broken are you dreaming in green again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRcEC7ZfTM
    I’m just
    https://youtu.be/JmU0b8bxlG8
    if we ain’t got faith hope and love with dreams what’s life?

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post

I’m just
      https://youtu.be/JmU0b8bxlG8
      if we ain’t got faith hope and love with dreams what’s life?
      now that's the childhood spirit that I like to see...

Comment

Please neglect page 2 and part of page 3 of this thread. It are derailing comments. They have nothing to do with the subject of this thread. IMO
        Last edited by jan_v60; 09-14-2021, 01:28 PM.

Comment

In another thread I posted the idea that there could be 4 chests hidden: this is what I said:
          The Wyoming ideas were not pronounced (or posted) by Jack, but by Forrest.
          Furthermore I think there were four treasures hidden, one in each State on the map. Probably the one in Wyoming was retrieved to stop (or pause) the chase. So nobody really lied, but they did not tell the complete truth. But all of this would confirm that SB243 could really be an eye-opener.

Why 4 treasure chests?
          Forrest told it himself:

So why is it that I must go
          And leaf my trove for all to seek?

hear me all and LISTEN good:
          And leaf my trove, four all, to seek…

But what did Forrest tell in his interviews, and could be important for this aspect of the treasure hunt?

“What I recommend is that you read my book normally, then you read the poem over and over and over again, and just think about every line, read it 4 or 5 or 10 times, and then go back and read the book again, slowly, looking for hints in the book that will help you with clues in the poem. Transcript of Todd Lavato Santa Fe.com interview 4/23/2013”

My question: Why do you need at least 4 readings of the poem? One for each chest? This would also explain why searchers found good solutions in four States. This of course makes the poem very difficult to solve, if one is not aware of this.

“Six questions yet again:
          3Q) In your memoir, The Thrill of the Chase, after the poem, you mention there are subtle clues sprinkled throughout that book. You have said you hadn’t deliberately placed these subtle hints in your book; but have you done so in any of your other writings mentioned in Question two (scrapbooks, vignettes, etc)? Or, even if maybe not purposely sprinkled in those writings of Q2, would you consider some of those to contain subtle hints too, like in The Thrill of the Chase?
          I don’t want to broaden the clues and hints I’ve written about by pointing them out. What surprises me a little is that nobody to my uncertain knowledge has analyzed one important possibility related to the winning solve. ff”

My comment: could that be a reference to the fact that there is more than one chest hidden?

“Get the Thrill of the Chase and read it; and then go back and read the poem, over and over and over again. And then go back and read the book again but slowly looking at every little abstract thing that might catch up in your brain, that might be a hint that will help you with the clues. Any part of some is better than no part of any. ” –
          It is interesting to know that a great number of people are out there searching. Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key. The treasure may be discovered sooner than I anticipated. MW Six Questions more with FF”

My comment: Could that word be “for” to be read as “four”?

all this IMO.

Last edited by jan_v60; 09-14-2021, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
            In another thread I posted the idea that there could be 4 chests hidden: this is what I said:
            The Wyoming ideas were not pronounced (or posted) by Jack, but by Forrest.
            Furthermore I think there were four treasures hidden, one in each State on the map. Probably the one in Wyoming was retrieved to stop (or pause) the chase. So nobody really lied, but they did not tell the complete truth. But all of this would confirm that SB243 could really be an eye-opener.

Why 4 treasure chests?
            Forrest told it himself:

So why is it that I must go
            And leaf my trove for all to seek?

hear me all and LISTEN good:
            And leaf my trove, four all, to seek…

But what did Forrest tell in his interviews, and could be important for this aspect of the treasure hunt?

“What I recommend is that you read my book normally, then you read the poem over and over and over again, and just think about every line, read it 4 or 5 or 10 times, and then go back and read the book again, slowly, looking for hints in the book that will help you with clues in the poem. Transcript of Todd Lavato Santa Fe.com interview 4/23/2013”

My question: Why do you need at least 4 readings of the poem? One for each chest? This would also explain why searchers found good solutions in four States. This of course makes the poem very difficult to solve, if one is not aware of this.

“Six questions yet again:
            3Q) In your memoir, The Thrill of the Chase, after the poem, you mention there are subtle clues sprinkled throughout that book. You have said you hadn’t deliberately placed these subtle hints in your book; but have you done so in any of your other writings mentioned in Question two (scrapbooks, vignettes, etc)? Or, even if maybe not purposely sprinkled in those writings of Q2, would you consider some of those to contain subtle hints too, like in The Thrill of the Chase?
            I don’t want to broaden the clues and hints I’ve written about by pointing them out. What surprises me a little is that nobody to my uncertain knowledge has analyzed one important possibility related to the winning solve. ff”

My comment: could that be a reference to the fact that there is more than one chest hidden?

“Get the Thrill of the Chase and read it; and then go back and read the poem, over and over and over again. And then go back and read the book again but slowly looking at every little abstract thing that might catch up in your brain, that might be a hint that will help you with the clues. Any part of some is better than no part of any. ” –
            It is interesting to know that a great number of people are out there searching. Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key. The treasure may be discovered sooner than I anticipated. MW Six Questions more with FF”

My comment: Could that word be “for” to be read as “four”?

all this IMO.

I really do think he wanted to give back to the people. He had no money, and he’s had plenty of money. What kind of man says …

“He who dies with more than 50 dollars is a failure.”

I hear he marked everything he owned prior to death. He was getting ready to go long before he left. Money can only get us so far. But we all know deep down we are searching for Love/God.

He mentioned how he was “ the most spiritual guy around.” Or something of the sort. He was searching too, just like all of us. The Chase part II

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post
              No way. We’re making you deck hand and work the shit outta ya until you see the light or walk the plank yourself
              Sorry, matey. Ya can't rustle me spirit. Me days have already been filled with wet sheet(s), dreaming, and bedtime stories. So you just watch me, I'll do it. I'll walk that plank because . . . well, because I scrubbed it meself and I'm proud of it all the weigh to the end. 'Sides, that's only place I can hide me peg leg to keep it safe from all ya stealing varments.
              Last edited by Suzy; 09-14-2021, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoatezOfManyColors View Post

I really do think he wanted to give back to the people. He had no money, and he’s had plenty of money. What kind of man says …

“He who dies with more than 50 dollars is a failure.”
                For lack of better words, Fenn, the golden goose.

Comment

Jan I think you have some good insights. The thoughts on scrapbook 243 seem to me anyway to be spot on. As far as four chests, I am a little skeptical. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

Just like the damaged mirror on his car was originally on the wrong side (if you compared pic and text), but Dal corrected it later...
                    One was meant to be backwards, the others wasn't and corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by TimW View Post
                      Jan I think you have some good insights. The thoughts on scrapbook 243 seem to me anyway to be spot on. As far as four chests, I am a little skeptical. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.
                      I do agree that what I said until now is not a firm proof of more treasures hidden by Forrest. There is some speculation in it. But I would also add the poem as a support:

And with my treasures bold. ……. Treasures not treasure……..Everywhere else in the book Forrest speaks about his treasure
                      Begin it where warm waters halt,…..waters not water…..Each State has his own “where warm water halt”

Therefore, one should read the poem over and over again.
                      But it still stays a hypothesis I launched here.

and finally Broken arrow and Suzy do you have an objective to derail this thread with your posts, or was it just for fun? I hope you don’t consider me as an undesirable predator

Last edited by jan_v60; 09-15-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

While I doubt that Forrest either had, or hid four chests, I can subscribe to the idea that there are four intended solutions to the poem; one per state. But if this concept is correct, then that means the contest was absolutely different than what was presented publicly. For this to be true, no BOTG search could have ever succeeded unless Forrest valued one of the four solutions more than the others. But if that were the case, why create four valid solutions at all? Catch-22 situation.

To the chagrin of several, I've been presenting my Wyoming solution here. But I have others in reserve . . . One for each of the 3 remaining states in the search area. They're all different. CO is crude math, mixed with word find and art. NM is straight code, but letter string shapes have an unmistakable psychological connection to Fenn. MT is also code, but more complex than NM. It's a trap . . . Both for the Solver and, possibly, Fenn himself.

I've refrained from posting these other solutions because my mere presence here seems to irritate many others. And, besides, they are probably completely irrelevant to the outcome of the events playing out here and now. The Chase is over and we're all trying to find our way out of the residual fog of war . . . IMO only.

What say you, Jack?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonScavenger View Post
                          While I doubt that Forrest either had, or hid four chests, I can subscribe to the idea that there are four intended solutions to the poem; one per state. But if this concept is correct, then that means the contest was absolutely different than what was presented publicly. For this to be true, no BOTG search could have ever succeeded unless Forrest valued one of the four solutions more than the others. But if that were the case, why create four valid solutions at all? Catch-22 situation.

To the chagrin of several, I've been presenting my Wyoming solution here. But I have others in reserve . . . One for each of the 3 remaining states in the search area. They're all different. CO is crude math, mixed with word find and art. NM is straight code, but letter string shapes have an unmistakable psychological connection to Fenn. MT is also code, but more complex than NM. It's a trap . . . Both for the Solver and, possibly, Fenn himself.

I've refrained from posting these other solutions because my mere presence here seems to irritate many others. And, besides, they are probably completely irrelevant to the outcome of the events playing out here and now. The Chase is over and we're all trying to find our way out of the residual fog of war . . . IMO only.

What say you, Jack?
                          I’m not Jack, so for your last question, ask Jack
                          I very well understand your hesitation about 4 treasure chests, but maybe you will be more positive about the idea of 4 chests (and 4 solutions in the four States) but only 1 treasure in the last chest. But to find the treasure chest, one should first find the 3 chests in the other States. I just posted about this idea in another thread. But I will repeat it here:
                          Before two weeks I was convinced that only WY could be correct. But now I’m hesitating that more States could be involved. One option is more treasures (as I explained in my thread about SB 243). Another option is more chests, but only one treasure. In the last option the searcher should find 3 chests before he could find the chest with the treasure. This last chest has to be in Wyoming, because Forrest Fenn declared under oath it was retrieved from Wyoming. So the hunt for the treasure was “halted” , but not necessarily the hunt for the complete solve of the poem, which could give title to the gold. Jack retrieved the treasure chest, but IMO has not yet title to the gold.

That could be why Forrest said that the poem must be read over and over, that at the end you are at the beginning again, etc….Finally, this would mean that one has to find chests in Montana, Colorado, New Mexico with final hints in it to find the treasure chest in Wyoming. Unless, unless…..Jack indeed stumbled upon the chest in Wyoming, because he found out why Forrest really wanted to die on that location. In that case it was a bypass in the poem, that Forrest thought would never be resolved by a searcher.

I also think there is a bypass. A brunette in Idaho….at Sun Valley 1950. Remember: brunette = brown.
                          Last edited by jan_v60; 09-15-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I never meant to imply that you, or any other poster, was Jack.

But we all need Jack, or another Team Fenn member, to put out fully verifiable info.

Absent that, everything here is idle speculation . . . IMO.

As for your three chests idea, I kinda agree, but via bona-fide solutions, not BOTG successes. Check out DanNun's thread for more on this.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

and finally Broken arrow and Suzy do you have an objective to derail this thread with your posts, or was it just for fun? I hope you don’t consider me as an undesirable predator
                              Sorry jan_v60, I have a bad habit of derailing threads. I think it's because I've had so many failed BOTG attempts (I think 50) and still can't fully understand Fenn's puzzle. Plus, I consider everybody here family, so I sometimes talk about "nonchalant" things like most families do. In this case, however, I think my comment was close to your thread's topic. But again, I'm prolly derailing the thread. My bad.

Comment

A last information:

On August 30 an September 2 2020, I wrote my two last e-mails to Forrest. I explained to him my vision on the plot to retrieve the treasure and halt the Chase. But I also explained to him my final solve of the poem and the location of the treasure in Wyoming, until clue 6 or 7. I never got an answer because Forrest died on September 7th.
                                I only hope that those mails have nothing to do with his death. Because I can imagine, that receiving a correct solve, two months after the realisation of the pause-halt plan to retrieve the chest, was quite shocking for him.

Eventually, I will share the contents of those mails later on.

But of course, it is all IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X