Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SB 243 is that about the ending of the chase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SB 243 is that about the ending of the chase?

In one of his last scrapbooks (november 2019-SB 243), Forrest told about the passing away of his dog The Bip. A paragraph that drew my attention was:

“Then at 17 years or so, The Bip began to fall apart. His liver failed and he had other problems. His eyes told me he was ready. Clint came out of retirement to help us, and as The Bip went limp in my arms, all of us cried. But I wasn’t ready for all of that to happen, and I told Clint I wanted my little dog to spend one last night on my bed, like he had done so many times over the years. “He’s no longer there, his spirit has gone.” Clint said. It was a kick in the gut to me, And I quickly reacted. “ Who says he isn’t still there, where is your evidence, please show me your evidence?” Why do we arbitrarily believe things that we’ve been told? Just because someone said it doesn’t make it true. Throughout the night me and Bip were together in spirit. It was a warm sleep for me. . “

if we apply this to the strange ending of the chase, and replace “he” by the treasure chest, we get another story.

and the SB ends with the phrase (in red):
    That story is full of reminiscing words and I feel better for having said them. Now it’s back to A River Runs Through it, page 9.
    Last edited by jan_v60; 09-13-2021, 05:57 AM.

Who says he isn’t still there???

Comment

I like the idea- especially since my theory is connected to the Boulder River which was featured in the movie A River Runs Through It.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSays
        "At about 13 years, Bip’s muzzle turned white, and he got a cancer on his right fore-arm."

Forrest then proceeds to show us Bippy with a bandaged up left arm, I sure miss his sense of humor.
        He just confirms that you should not believe what somebody says, without proof. He said right but it was left.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldHunter View Post
          I like the idea- especially since my theory is connected to the Boulder River which was featured in the movie A River Runs Through It.
          In the chapter “important literature” in TTOTC, Forrest throws a copy of Catcher in the Rye in his trash bin and it lands upon a Time magazine. Elsewhere in this blog I deduced which number of Time Magazine this probably was. That number of the magazine has an article in it with the title: A river runs through it….that article had nothing to do with the book or the movie. .Coïncidence? I think something is hidden in Forrest’s reference to this expression.

The last § of the book and the movie is this text, that IMO has some very close relationships with things Forrest wrote and said:

“Of course now I'm too old to be much of a fisherman, and now I usually fish the big waters alone, although some friends think I shouldn't. But when I'm alone in the half light of the canyon, all existence seems to fade to a being with my soul and memories, and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River, and the four-count rhythm, and a hope that a fish will rise. Eventually all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood, and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”

— Norman Maclean, (1976).[4]

in My War for Me, we have the “covering Philadelphia with his thumb “ item. But also there he concludes something like:

All things merge into one….. (but with different wording).
          Last edited by jan_v60; 09-13-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
            He just confirms that you should not believe what somebody says, without proof. He said right but it was left.
            Forrest was talking to the lead searcher through many but not all SB from SB202 onward. Forrest said BIP's left leg was wrapped. But the photo showed the right leg.
            the lead searcher made a statement to Forrest and forests reply was, ' your right' by looking at the picture of PIP's right side wrapped as seen in the picture.

From page eight to page 'nine' was an answer to a question.
            Last edited by Livinlifebig; 09-13-2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
              In one of his last scrapbooks (november 2019-SB 243), Forrest told about the passing away of his dog The Bip. A paragraph that drew my attention was:

“Then at 17 years or so, The Bip began to fall apart. His liver failed and he had other problems. His eyes told me he was ready. Clint came out of retirement to help us, and as The Bip went limp in my arms, all of us cried. But I wasn’t ready for all of that to happen, and I told Clint I wanted my little dog to spend one last night on my bed, like he had done so many times over the years. “He’s no longer there, his spirit has gone.” Clint said. It was a kick in the gut to me, And I quickly reacted. “ Who says he isn’t still there, where is your evidence, please show me your evidence?” Why do we arbitrarily believe things that we’ve been told? Just because someone said it doesn’t make it true. Throughout the night me and Bip were together in spirit. It was a warm sleep for me. . “

if we apply this to the strange ending of the chase, and replace “he” by the treasure chest, we get another story.

and the SB ends with the phrase (in red):
              That story is full of reminiscing words and I feel better for having said them. Now it’s back to A River Runs Through it, page 9.
              To me, the underlined portion refers to people talking about the chest being found/moved. People claiming they have it but not showing evidence of their claims.

Also, the first paragraph of that SB says he finished page 8 and put the book down to do something else. He says the book will be there later. Then at the end he says back to page 9, which means the lead searcher has one clue left. So, lead searcher solved Clue 8, but could not finish, and had to leave.
              Last edited by My Chase Quest; 09-13-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldHunter View Post
                1.6 now shhhh we’re looking for someone

Comment

Oh and where’s the horses stables

Comment

Didn’t see one there. We got to get them down to the stables

Comment

Originally posted by Broken arrow View Post
                      Who says he isn’t still there???
                      Where??? lol...
                      „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                      G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

Where??? lol...
                        I don’t know. Lol
                        dont ask me I’m known for jumping the gun and or candlestick I imagine I’ll be there though
                        Last edited by Broken arrow; 09-14-2021, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSays
                          "At about 13 years, Bip’s muzzle turned white, and he got a cancer on his right fore-arm."

Forrest then proceeds to show us Bippy with a bandaged up left arm, I sure miss his sense of humor.
                          Just like the damaged mirror on his car was originally on the wrong side (if you compared pic and text), but Dal corrected it later...
                          „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                          G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Broken arrow Your Taos post was deleted. Looks like you just lost a like. Like you needed one anyways. Okay. Like.

Comment

Not here for likings I’m here like a damn Viking
                              Dont worry full of love though. Outta of a crooked world.

Comment

Working...
                              X