Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• former Fenn Galleries for sale again. FYI

https://www.sfreporter.com/news/2021...enns-for-sale/

Somehow I feel robbed. I hope that the person who gets the gallery leaves it just as it is. A tribute to Forrest Fenn.

Comment

The French soldier comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
        Somehow I feel robbed. I hope that the person who gets the gallery leaves it just as it is. A tribute to Forrest Fenn.
        I’m sure it’s hard to build something in your lifetime then watch it decline. Why am I sure? Because I’ve seen it.

Comment

I'm wondering if that is how Forrest felt about the chase. Over time greed took over and changed what Forrest ment to be fun into constant fear for his family.

Comment

It is a BEAUTIFUL place - I was just there a few weeks ago.
            The walk in the garden out back took my breath away.
            Standing in front of the magnificent oil paintings hanging on the walls made me feel "special."
            Forrest would be proud - everyone contributes a little bit to this life and the butterflies keep on flying.
            I never planned a visit to the gallery but as fate would have it, we just happened by it.
            It was right on 5 pm closing time but were welcomed in and told to take our time - such graciousness.
            If y'all are interested, I can share some pictures.

Comment

They gallery is so much more meaningful than the chest could ever be. What a coincidence....it is the same Realtor that I had a very awkward exchange with when Eric Sloane's house was for sale. I asked questions that he didn't like and would not answer any of my questions unless I provided proof of funds. I actually have my real estate license so know a thing or two about real estate. Interesting. The reason I was looking into Eric's house was because it was for sale on and off the market for 10 years since 2010 which is very unusual.
              Last edited by Goldilocks; 09-07-2021, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                Standing in front of the magnificent oil paintings hanging on the walls made me feel "special."
                Forrest would be proud - everyone contributes a little bit to this life and the butterflies keep on flying.
                I never planned a visit to the gallery but as fate would have it, we just happened by it.
                It was right on 5 pm closing time but were welcomed in and told to take our time - such graciousness.
                Oh yes, share some please!!! That would be awesome!!!
                „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                  I would love a skeg at your pics, my little water borne friend...

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
                    They gallery is so much more meaningful than the chest could ever be. What a coincidence....it is the same Realtor that I had a very awkward exchange with when Eric Sloane's house was for sale. I asked questions that he didn't like and would not answer any of my questions unless I provided proof of funds. I actually have my real estate license so know a thing or two about real estate. Interesting. The reason I was looking into Eric's house was because it was for sale on and off the market for 10 years since 2010 which is very unusual.
                    The Fenn Gallery has been on the market for quite some time as well. I remember discussing it years ago and looking at the listing. It was really cool you could go look at all the rooms including the bathroom Eric painted. I don't think it was on MLS but it had a website that had all the pictures and info.. I can't find the listing now... Zillow says it's off the market...

Probably a hard thing to sell but I remember the price was 9.95 million in 2017. Thats where I got the price of the Fenn Gallery for my Monopoly board.

Comment

Originally posted by Spallies View Post

The Fenn Gallery has been on the market for quite some time as well. I remember discussing it years ago and looking at the listing. It was really cool you could go look at all the rooms including the bathroom Eric painted. I don't think it was on MLS but it had a website that had all the pictures and info.. I can't find the listing now... Zillow says it's off the market...

Probably a hard thing to sell but I remember the price was 9.95 million in 2017. Thats where I got the price of the Fenn Gallery for my Monopoly board.
                      Here's the current listing. Eric's is still on there too as sold (7 Vuelta Susana).
                      https://www.kevinbobolskygroup.com

Comment

It's disheartening the way things change and great things just go away.
                        Just the other day I was talking to someone about how, when we were young, there were well run businesses like grocery stores and drug stores and department stores all over the place. All privately owned and run with pride.
                        I remember one department store that brought in a trained parrot for 2 weeks every year, and people would go there just to hear what it said. (It whistled a lot at the girls and said "I love you.")

Same goes for the great woodlands and wilderness. One of the largest forests in my state, and longest continuous forest, is all chopped up now.

It's like everything good gets torn down for a parking lot, metaphorically and/or literally speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                          It's disheartening the way things change and great things just go away.
                          Just the other day I was talking to someone about how, when we were young, there were well run businesses like grocery stores and drug stores and department stores all over the place. All privately owned and run with pride.
                          I remember one department store that brought in a trained parrot for 2 weeks every year, and people would go there just to hear what it said. (It whistled a lot at the girls and said "I love you.")

Same goes for the great woodlands and wilderness. One of the largest forests in my state, and longest continuous forest, is all chopped up now.

It's like everything good gets torn down for a parking lot, metaphorically and/or literally speaking.
                          After my father in law gifted me a nice Stihl MS881 with a 4 and 6 foot blade for my birthday including a chainsaw-license-course I will go with the flow and cut some trees... let's hope my next BOTG will be with all arms n legs... but somehow I need to get my head free and out of the clouds so some good lumberjacking is due!
                          „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                          G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

After my father in law gifted me a nice Stihl MS881 with a 4 and 6 foot blade for my birthday including a chainsaw-license-course I will go with the flow and cut some trees... let's hope my next BOTG will be with all arms n legs... but somehow I need to get my head free and out of the clouds so some good lumberjacking is due!
                            Nothing wrong with proper management of our natural resources.
                            And yeah, some hard work out there in nature is good for the soul.
                            I remember in Boy Scouts, when we'd go camping, the work to clear and build a really nice camp felt good.

Comment

I was actually driving by SF almost a ago and I decided I would drive by to see the town. I actually drove right by the gallery. It’s much cooler in person! The property sits right on the road.

Sad to see the magic will be lost. RIP to the house that Fenn built! If someone is going to offer millions for the chest why won’t someone just buy the gallery! Go see it in person! They are asking 9.9m. Seems like the gallery owner is downsizing.

Sadly, some offers came in from condominium builders! The real estate is really good and in a historical area! Do visit the Fenn gallery before the is possibly demolished!
                              Last edited by CoatezOfManyColors; 09-07-2021, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X