X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps you misspelled whiner, then I could agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by David here View Post
      David here. Im a guy from back East. Began all things Forrest Fenn in Feb 2013. Met him Oct 2013.
      Showed him my solution, did not given him my hand written note, he returned it to me. I still have it.
      Ive been botg six times, last time 2019

Old Pilot,
      MoonScavenger,
      "We the community",
      be enlightened

You want answers. I got answers.

I WANT THE TRUTH !!!

* Where all the lines cross

The suspension lines, or shroud, connect the canopy to the harness.

Each shroud is a continuous unbroken line. It is anchored to a ring on the harness,
      passes through seams in the canopy, over the domed top, and back to the harness,
      where it is secured to another ring.

All the lines cross at the top of the canopy.

* The 3 jars of cloves in the spice drawer story

That's the Clove and half hitch.used to connect the lines to the rigging

* I prayed for Ds

Ya, that would be the D ring
      ("I prayed for Ds" is also a clue to another mystery, I'll explain some time later.)

* The girl with the braids that had purpose I thinks in Borders store
      Nother way to attach the lines: Braided suspension lines

* out the window and down the slide

The pilot chute ( ya can't make this stuff up)

* the gipsy girls swishing skirts

The skirt attached to lower edge of the canopy

* the horseshoe story: measure, multiply by 2 and add an inch

this is the name of a possible parachute malfunction, ya a horseshoe
      I know i know amazing stuff

* nose-to-nose: I fell flat on my face on French soldiers grave

seams to me: :"French fell" seam or "flat fell" seam for stitching the edges
      almost forgot, remember "i didn't take a radial" ya "radial seams"

* one more

Berry was correct, not Beery
      U.S. Army Captain, Albert Berry, made first jump with parachute pack as we know it

* one more

Another parachute malfunction, "a slider" Probably a really good baseball pitcher
      could throw one of these.

* one more

All Mr Fenn's fly fishing stories and fly tying stories, anyone look up types of flies,
      ya, "Blue Dun Parachute". Suppose to catch trout, pretty good. You think

So it's EVERYTHING parachute

All these stories and many more lead to the take away --- CANOPY

Last thing Mr Fenn told us

"it was found under a canopy"

This is a good place to start. even for kids
      https://kids.britannica.com/students/article/parachute/276277

and here there is a pic of the "French fell seam" and "clove hitch" Capt Berry history
      http://www.madehow.com/Volume-5/Parachute.html

Do a search on whatever about a parachute. You will find words used by Mr Fenn in his stories
      Mr Fenn has been stringing us along, had used up that ball of string.

When I return I will reveal what the canopy is. I emailed Mr Fenn that solution
      in Jan 2020.

Best Regards
      David here

Oh yeah! (said in admiration!)

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
        First, I strongly suggest y'all listen to the Bobby Bare song, "The Winner". Although done with a fun tone, it does carry a serious message. You can probably hear it for free on youtube.

Defining "winner" may not be very easy . . . just like defining "win". Although it may be fair to call this treasure hunt a "competition", I don't think it would be accurate to say that only the first person to retrieve the treasure chest wins anything -- especially if it turns out to be a "white elephant" or "Pandora's box", bringing with it more trouble than it's worth. Yes, I may be introducing a value judgment here, but it's not like this entire treasure hunt doesn't involve value judgment(s) . . . right?

We've all heard of "consolation prizes", haven't we? Perhaps the purpose of a consolation prize is to cheer up someone who hasn't won the main prize . . . in other words, to "console" them.

Well, here's an idea that may well have been already thought of and discussed quite a bit. We've read about someone "enjoying their expensive vacation", right? That idea involves a person spending a lot of money (and, presumably, also time) looking for the treasure but not finding it. Most of us who have been on a search trip looking for the Fenn treasure have probably had this experience. I have done this about half a dozen times myself. Each time I have been disappointed by my failure to find the treasure chest, but while on the search trip have seen some gorgeous, remarkably impressive natural beauty -- not only in the Rocky Mountains but also while driving to and from them. If not for this treasure hunt, I probably would have not yet seen the Rocky Mountains at all, or anything they contain.

So I consider myself to be a "winner" of a consolation prize. It may be pretty minor, compared to a bronze chest of gold and jewels and other trinkets, but I have (valuable-to-me) memories of what I saw and experienced, and those memories will last a long time -- possibly longer than it would take me to spend about a million dollars. I realize that it may seem like I'm making excuses for not continuing my effort(s) to solve and search. Those efforts are continuing. I'm still putting time and money into this thing, and hoping for a financial reward for doing so. So far, in this hunt -- maybe I should think of it as "my hunt, for me" (not to be
        confused with "my hunt for me", because I'm not searching for myself. I've never been that way -- ), only non-financial reward has been received here. Oh, well.

OH!, another thing I want to mention, that I consider a benefit (or "reward" or "prize", even if only the "consolation" type), is the experience and knowledge gained from participation in this hunt. And yes, I am aware that Forrest has frequently said "treasure" instead of "treasure chest".
        Yes, there have been frustrating times, and yes, they continue to appear. But it's all voluntary, and I am grateful for all of it, even though I don't go around talking to dead people or imaginary entities in an effort to thank them. From my experience(s) resulting from participation in this treasure hunt, I have learned some things that are helping me to be more at peace with everything and everyone, and nicer to people and to the environment . . . compared to the way I was just before being introduced to the hunt. Thank y'all for reading, and good luck to y'all in the hunt and -- more generally -- in life.
        Idk if it was intended to have more than one winner, but it most definitely will.

Comment

David here. Im a guy from back East. Began all things Forrest Fenn in Feb 2013. Met him Oct 2013.
          Showed him my solution, did not given him my hand written note, he returned it to me. I still have it.

Old Pilot,
          MoonScavenger,
          "We the community",
          be enlightened

I WANT THE TRUTH !!!

Each shroud is a continuous unbroken line. It is anchored to a ring on the harness,
          passes through seams in the canopy, over the domed top, and back to the harness,

* I prayed for Ds

("I prayed for Ds" is also a clue to another mystery, I'll explain some time later.)

* one more

U.S. Army Captain, Albert Berry, made first jump with parachute pack as we know it

* one more

Another parachute malfunction, "a slider" Probably a really good baseball pitcher

* one more

All Mr Fenn's fly fishing stories and fly tying stories, anyone look up types of flies,

and here there is a pic of the "French fell seam" and "clove hitch" Capt Berry history

Do a search on whatever about a parachute. You will find words used by Mr Fenn in his stories

in Jan 2020.

Best Regards
          David here

Take your time leaving but hurry back

Comment

Old Pilot,
            MoonScavenger,
            "We the community",
            be enlightened

I WANT THE TRUTH !!!

* I prayed for Ds

* one more

* one more

* one more

in Jan 2020.

Best Regards
            David here

Cool
            What is the color of your Parachute? Yellow

Comment

Working...
            X