Status of the Lead Searcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of the Lead Searcher

Is the lead searcher/solver stuck somewhere, in a purgatory of post-it notes and pizza boxes? This poor soul is a bit like Jack of the Lantern, doomed so far to roam the woods holding a kindled turnip.

Is this person on the wrong side of a door? In a labyrinth? Laying on a pile of gold coins in his/her jammies?

We know they don’t know jack. But what should this poor character do, to save everyone and themselves?

Like any pumpkin, keep their grin and not let their fire go out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	123141618_10158698949380944_4936777902706270949_n (3).jpg
Views:	1267
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	334221

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
        Is the lead searcher/solver stuck somewhere, in a purgatory of post-it notes and pizza boxes? This poor soul is a bit like Jack of the Lantern, doomed so far to roam the woods holding a kindled turnip.

Is this person on the wrong side of a door? In a labyrinth? Laying on a pile of gold coins in his/her jammies?

We know they don’t know jack. But what should this poor character do, to save everyone and themselves?
        Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Comment

Go shopping at Walmart mart

Comment

I was attacked today by a million baby trees. I will try again tomorrow. Forrest's heart is VERY hard to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetpea View Post
              I was attacked today by a million baby trees. I will try again tomorrow. Forrest's heart is VERY hard to get to.
              No better way to indulge in perfection.

Comment

Well, in all honesty, if someone thought they were THE lead searcher, it wouldn’t matter much in here. Maybe they’re waiting for a confirmation that they weren’t duped. That they did in fact pick the right horse. That Forrest wasn’t just calling them Rhondo, and spitefully messing with them. I think there is a lot to unpack for THAT guy. The chest is “found”, there’s this Jack guy who says he figured it all out, the whole Wyoming/Yellowstone crew is “positive” it was in fact there, because Forrest said he loved Yellowstone…etc, etc…
                I think if the lead searcher had doubts before and needed to have faith, this test, if we can call it that, is a real doozy. I wouldn’t be surprised though if he is making plans to go test his metal one more time, very soon.
                Just my o-pinyon. I really think that this guy probably felt like Forrest didn’t like him, especially after everyone has seemed to think the same thing. Do you think he would be wrong for thinking that? Somebody tell him that on here. That’s probably all that he needs. If someone thought they were close, and had been close, for quite a many BOTG’s, but then felt like Forrest was just mocking them, the thrill of it all might have left. Especially if they REALLY wanted to just sit down with the Forrest, learn from him, swap stories or just share silence with him in person, knowing they both thought a heck of a lot alike, even if their personalities were “diabolically” opposed. If this is all true, I hope he gets the sign he has been looking for.

Comment

But the TROVE is still out there. IMO. The reason Jack isn't talking is because the POEM instructed the finder of THAT chest to go in peace. To not say anything. I believe that this is why the poem continues after that. What do ya think? I also believe the Title to the gold is a heading.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
                    Go shopping at Walmart mart
                    Never been to Wal-Mart mart

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetpea View Post
                      He appeared to be very guarded.

They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, but I think Forrest was probably more cerebral than that. It’s weird though. I don’t think he was afraid to show it, but certain stories, like Stout Hearted Men, almost have his heart not on his sleeve, but ironically as a chip on his shoulder — look but don’t touch.

While his aims are still mysterious to me, with all this big drama here at the end, the man I’ve built in my own head has pure enough motives. Like or dislike is immaterial. Socrates’ student Plato identified seven different kinds of love, many of which don’t require liking much at all. I do think he loved this community, even if he didn’t like us all that much in the end.

And that’s OK.
                      “We’re gonna teach ‘em how to say goodbye.” — George Washington, Hamilton

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

You asked 5 questions.
                        Maybe CoatezOfManyColors can either answer them all for you, or soothe you enough such that you don't lose sleep worrying about any of the answers to those
                        questions.
                        Last edited by Old Pilot; 09-01-2021, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

They say the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, but I think Forrest was probably more cerebral than that. It’s weird though. I don’t think he was afraid to show it, but certain stories, like Stout Hearted Men, almost have his heart not on his sleeve, but ironically as a chip on his shoulder — look but don’t touch.

While his aims are still mysterious to me, with all this big drama here at the end, the man I’ve built in my own head has pure enough motives. Like or dislike is immaterial. Socrates’ student Plato identified seven different kinds of love, many of which don’t require liking much at all. I do think he loved this community, even if he didn’t like us all that much in the end.

And that’s OK.
                          Welcome back. ..and you. still need a haircut.
                          1f Billy

Comment

Maybe Forrest has this mythical creature locked up in an old stone tower, hidden away in some dank forest, shackled in chains and with an iron mask on.
                            And visited him once a day to bring table scraps and say, "I'm gonna ask this once each day. If you answer me, I'll set you free. Where's the emerald ring?"
                            But then, if Forrest really did pass away, what's become of this poor winner?
                            The search may be for HIS bones now.

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post

And that’s OK.
                              I love the fact you bring up some philosophies…years ago I was amazed on how philosophers like Aristotle viewed “good money.” Everyone focuses all their time on making money, but do they know what money really is?

Gresh·am's law

(grĕsh′əmz)
                              n.
                              The theory holding that if two kinds of money in circulation have the same denominational value but different intrinsic values, the money with higher intrinsic value will be hoarded and eventually driven out of circulation by the money with lesser intrinsic value.

You should see how many of our own founders viewed these philosophical questions . Many of these thoughts are worth dying for. And many great men/leaders/philosophers did. A wise man wins souls!

Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. -Epicurus

Thinking about these words bring confidence. Something ive needed during my Vexed Years. Some call it refinement…

onto Forrest…

When I first heard about Forrest’s Challenge I brushed the first article I saw. Then I saw the article again and probably thought to myself “ Is this real?” His box of junk looked nice and does offer a few perks.

The problem is Forrest is unique! He’s got fun quips and is a good marketer/influencer. He has literally influenced us all…Doesn’t he seem like a lot of fun? Don’t you guys remember the feeling of checking every website searching for new interviews? In many respects he drove us crazy, he was the belle at the ball. Pure excitement!

Forrest is a rascal of a guy but after looking into him I felt he was genuine. Researching a bit about him gave me all the confidence that he was honest.

In a way he reminds me of my own dad. Living somewhat similar lifestyles. His dad was educated too. As mine is too. Have you felt the pressure of a father with 5 degrees? And my dad never paid a cent for anything other than books, free rides. I’m up Shit Creek!

But wait there is more.

Forrest was multidimensional. Sometimes he would show his vulnerabilities. During KPros documentary I will always remember this description of The Chase “ It’s the only thing I have left.” The look on his face as he said those words.

I remember some of his writings on how he felt alone sometimes. Maybe TFTW? Speaking how people wouldn’t visit him as often. He is a human. Call your Mom,Dad, siblings or grandparents If you can. And do it sooner than later! Life is too short.

Remember their stories and learn/genuinely listen. If we actually learn the wisdom of our forefathers we wouldn’t be in the place we are today. If we learn, we can escape our patterns of destruction…

Forrest taught me about : Courage. You’ve got to have courage to BOTG. I even gained some hairs. But they are growing from my ears…
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by CoatezOfManyColors; 09-02-2021, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X