Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'National Treasure' movie connections

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 'National Treasure' movie connections

    The movie, 'National Treasure', offers possible connections to The Chase.

    - It was directed by Jon (sometimes John) Charles Turteltaub.
    The name Turteltaub means "turtledove." In the last illustration in TTOTC, the picture of Forrest and an axe, tree stumps, and the moon with a dove and a turtle's head behind it.
    Doves are often depicted holding an olive branch. Remember in TTOTC, in "First Grade", "John Charles whatever" shook an olive jar at Forrest.

    - Then other names in the movie...
    -- The Gates family. Forrest talked about his "portals."
    -- Abigail Chase, the Chase.
    -- "The key is in Charlott, Car Lot? Forrests two "final hints" of leaving his car in parking lots?

    - Then there's the iron gall ink, reminds me of red ochre, which also has iron in it.
    - "55 in iron pen", the continental congress that signed the Declaration of Independence. Philadelphia?
    - In the movie, a clue was found from the location of the Liberty Bell. "Ring my bell"?

    Curious, isn't it?

  • #2
    Bell

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh, also, something I've long believed, that there's a "false treasure room" in the solution. And the movie had that too. Like real life treasure vaults, such as Tut's tomb, have false treasure rooms.
      Is that to do with the Find and it's pictures? I think there's one in the solve too.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Walker View Post
        The movie, 'National Treasure', offers possible connections to The Chase.

        - It was directed by Jon (sometimes John) Charles Turteltaub.
        The name Turteltaub means "turtledove." In the last illustration in TTOTC, the picture of Forrest and an axe, tree stumps, and the moon with a dove and a turtle's head behind it.
        Doves are often depicted holding an olive branch. Remember in TTOTC, in "First Grade", "John Charles whatever" shook an olive jar at Forrest.

        - Then other names in the movie...
        -- The Gates family. Forrest talked about his "portals."
        -- Abigail Chase, the Chase.
        -- "The key is in Charlott, Car Lot? Forrests two "final hints" of leaving his car in parking lots?

        - Then there's the iron gall ink, reminds me of red ochre, which also has iron in it.
        - "55 in iron pen", the continental congress that signed the Declaration of Independence. Philadelphia?
        - In the movie, a clue was found from the location of the Liberty Bell. "Ring my bell"?

        Curious, isn't it?
        Uh.......No.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Beenthere View Post

          Uh.......No.
          What, you have no imagination?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Old blue View Post
            Bell
            That reminded me of the taco joke. Sorry.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Walker View Post
              The movie, 'National Treasure', offers possible connections to The Chase.

              - It was directed by Jon (sometimes John) Charles Turteltaub.
              The name Turteltaub means "turtledove." In the last illustration in TTOTC, the picture of Forrest and an axe, tree stumps, and the moon with a dove and a turtle's head behind it.
              Doves are often depicted holding an olive branch. Remember in TTOTC, in "First Grade", "John Charles whatever" shook an olive jar at Forrest.

              - Then other names in the movie...
              -- The Gates family. Forrest talked about his "portals."
              -- Abigail Chase, the Chase.
              -- "The key is in Charlott, Car Lot? Forrests two "final hints" of leaving his car in parking lots?

              - Then there's the iron gall ink, reminds me of red ochre, which also has iron in it.
              - "55 in iron pen", the continental congress that signed the Declaration of Independence. Philadelphia?
              - In the movie, a clue was found from the location of the Liberty Bell. "Ring my bell"?

              Curious, isn't it?
              Well you take a homophone of Turtel and the German meaning of Taub (Taube=dove)... but if you take both parts from German you'd have "turteln" = to whisper sweet nothings and "taub"= deaf or "Taub'"= pigeon, dove...

              In German doves do in fact turtle with each other, and we then call them "Turteltauben"...

              But back to your original idea... I liked the idea of a key being hidden somewhere else than the treasure itself. The story is about templars and Freemasons...it has something to do with the presidents of the US... the way he reads some lines of the Declaration of Independence... later... a code on the map... In my very humble opinion this is one of the most important Chase-movies!
              „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
              G. C. Lichtenberg

              Comment


              • #8
                 
                „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                G. C. Lichtenberg

                Comment


                • #9
                  "This is not a map..."
                   
                  „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                  G. C. Lichtenberg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Some more important messages in there... for the Brave...
                    „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                    G. C. Lichtenberg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      https://youtu.be/GwMFEtgkvP4

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

                        Well you take a homophone of Turtel and the German meaning of Taub (Taube=dove)... but if you take both parts from German you'd have "turteln" = to whisper sweet nothings and "taub"= deaf or "Taub'"= pigeon, dove...

                        In German doves do in fact turtle with each other, and we then call them "Turteltauben"...

                        But back to your original idea... I liked the idea of a key being hidden somewhere else than the treasure itself. The story is about templars and Freemasons...it has something to do with the presidents of the US... the way he reads some lines of the Declaration of Independence... later... a code on the map... In my very humble opinion this is one of the most important Chase-movies!
                        I just did a simple search for "Turteltaub name meaning" and got that result, turtledove, repeatedly. But I'll admit that there's some doubt to a real meaning, those were ancient times.
                        On the other hand, there were a lot of different dialects in ancient times, back when languages were still forming from tribal sources.

                        Yes, and I've found several "keys" that come from hints and meet "themes" or stories (books, scrapbooks, etc.). I think that themes themselves are keys.
                        I also found some stuff from "The Count Of Monte Cristo". But I need another look at that one, it was a while ago and early in my research.
                        Those are the only two that I've really done an in-depth look at, so my work here is just beginning.
                        I also have detective stuff from Sherlock Holmes, and Noah Beery Jr. in "The Rockford Files", whose uncle stared in "Treasure Island", offers something there too, maybe.

                        The "map of the solve" (different than the "map of the Poem") of The Thrill Of The Chase reminds me of using Google Earth and looking at all the pictures of natural wonders, in that it seems extensive, wonderful, and impressive.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                          Some more important messages in there... for the Brave...
                          Yes indeed. In our pinions, I guess we should add.
                          One is obvious for anyone who has seen the movie.
                          I have three important ones, and that's only from the surface.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I don't think I've seen the whole "National Treasure" movie, but I sure got a kick out of watching "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" with Fenn's hunt in mind.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Gunrunner View Post
                              I don't think I've seen the whole "National Treasure" movie, but I sure got a kick out of watching "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" with Fenn's hunt in mind.
                              It is kind of wild, isn't it? Mostly in a good way.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X