Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crossing his legs . . . why did Forrest mention that in two of his books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossing his legs . . . why did Forrest mention that in two of his books?

In each case, it seemed to be when he was in something like an argument.

The first case I saw of this was in TTOTC, in either the chapter about jump-starting the learning curve, or the chapter about his Spanish toy factory.

The second case I saw of this was in tftw, on page 198.

I wonder what significance (to Forrest) there was in crossing his legs.

I also wonder if there's any significance in this that might help a searcher solve the poem.

Please comment on any of this if you want to.

That reminds me. Did I ever mention that Jack and I both crossed paths, while searching, in 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
      That reminds me. Did I ever mention that Jack and I both crossed paths, while searching, in 2019?
      Brokeback Madison River Lovin' ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

Wyoming area.

Comment

Protecting his acorns, no doubt. But that's a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
            Protecting his acorns, no doubt. But that's a different story.
            That sir is MOST of the story right there . At least the "title " to the joint , aptly named

Comment

Originally posted by Cary_Galloway View Post

Nah , just you .

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

That sir is MOST of the story right there . At least the "title " to the joint , aptly named
                Bloodline seedbank...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post

Bloodline seedbank...
                  LMAO ! I tell you what man , since you came back from your last ban , you have let your TRUE personality come through your posts , and I , Dig it bro !! Kudos my brother ..

As to your post , that is about as close as you can "come" to being dead on target . Adjust those words , more akin to
                  "confidence" , and there's your money shot .

The more I think about it , I hope you weren't searching in New Mexico , were you ?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
                    In each case, it seemed to be when he was in something like an argument.

The first case I saw of this was in TTOTC, in either the chapter about jump-starting the learning curve, or the chapter about his Spanish toy factory.

The second case I saw of this was in tftw, on page 198.

I wonder what significance (to Forrest) there was in crossing his legs.

I also wonder if there's any significance in this that might help a searcher solve the poem.

Please comment on any of this if you want to.
                    I want to . It won't help solve the poem , that I assure you of . But it sure seems to me there may be a sign at the hidey spot which would indicate or tell you to switch your thoughts to cross the tracks . And I mean that literally . The sign I mean .

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

The more I think about it , I hope you weren't searching in New Mexico , were you ?
                      Nope, I'm too short sighted.

Comment

Perhaps he wanted to chug a can of Grapette.

Click image for larger version

Name:	105154759-forrest_fenn_drinking.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	332339

Comment

I guess that in the same way that people crossed their fingers while fibbing (supposedly to "excuse"/"pardon"/"justify"/"allow" the fib), Forrest may have crossed his legs -- knowing that they were much bigger than his fingers -- , supposedly to "allow" a big lie. But this bothers me, after my having read so much about his honesty. If I think of the reason for leg-crossing being mainly for physical protection, this implies that he may have been expecting to soon be kicked (with aim at a vulnerable spot). Maybe there's no poem-solve hint there at all.

Comment

Could be referring to a "double-cross" as in a deal or as in "cross my heart and hope to die" or even a "cross my heart" as a sincere promise that is made;
                            Then again it could just be referencing a bra......

Comment

Old Pilot : it seems to go along with all of Forrest's references to crosses and fords.

Comment

Working...
                              X